Alberto Contador Discussion Thread - Page 521 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 02-03-13, 21:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayzer114 View Post
Who do people think the strongest team will be this year at the tour? Will a Froome led sky dominate once again along with Wiggins, Porte, Henao, Uran et all or Contador with Roche, Kreuziger, Rogers??
On paper Saxo. Henao wont be at the tour, Porte and wiggins will be post Giro.

But last year no one would have thought that Porte and Rogers would be that good so maybe there are some other riders in sky about to unlock their true potential.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 02-03-13, 21:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post

But last year no one would have thought that Porte and Rogers would be that good so maybe there are some other riders in sky about to unlock their true potential.
That's clinic, and don't you deny it
Old 02-03-13, 21:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Actually menchov was pretty good in the prologue of the tour 2012.

1 Fabian Cancellara RadioShack 7:13
2 Bradley Wiggins Team Sky +7
3 Sylvain Chavanel Omega Pharma - Quick +7
4 Tejay van Garderen BMC Racing +10
5 Edvald Boasson Hagen Team Sky +11
6 Brett Lancaster Orica +11
7 Patrick Gretsch Argos +12
8 Denis Menchov Katyusha +13
Menchov in TdF prologues:

2001: 152
2002: 108
2003: 49
2004: 77
2005: 46
2006: 56
2007: 27
2009: 52
2010: 73
2012: 8
When a rider refuses to take a pull even though it is tactically and/or strategically more sound to take a pull
*Refusing to pull when it is tactically and/or strategically more sound not to is therefore not wheelsucking
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up
Old 02-03-13, 22:20
Administrator

Quote:
Froome got rid of Nibali with ease in the PDBF sprint and also on Peyresoudes. Its ludicrous to think he wouldnt have done it more times if allowed.
funny you say that, didn't look like he was following nibali all that easily on the peyresourde let alone being able to "get rid of him with ease"
Old 02-04-13, 06:25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netserk View Post
In a 26km ITT

Menchov sucks b@lls in prologues and needs ITTs to be as long as possible. Contador rules shorter ITTs.

And Contador took 52 seconds from Menchov in the MTT.

And after Etna Contador had more than 2min to Menchov, yet he still attacked while wearing the pink
Surely. If riders had relied on statistics that much as you do we would of seen different races. Plus previous mutual TT said for Menchov.

Contador attacked because there was absolute anarchy and no one had a team to show any semblance of team pressure. It was the weakest GT but the 2008 Giro in terms of teams.

I'm sure Froome could have dropped everyone in each mountain stage in the tour, yeah the great climbers like Wiggins, nibali, a sick evans, a young van garderen, vdb2, rolland,...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo
Very impressive, right?
Parodying you, I can say that Contador couldn't drop Purito, overly cautious climber, and Alex [OMG], who hasn't ridden so good in the mountains since the 2003 Vuelta. Considering what high requirements you set for Contador, it is just a shame.

Last edited by airstream; 02-04-13 at 06:47.
Old 02-04-13, 06:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
Surely. If riders had relied on statistics that much as you do we would of seen different races. Plus previous mutual TT said for Menchov.

Contador attacked because there was absolute anarchy and no one had a team to show any semblance of team pressure. It was the weakest GT but the 2008 Giro in terms of teams.

I'm sure Froome could have dropped everyone in each mountain stage in the tour, yeah the great climbers like Wiggins, nibali, a sick evans, a young van garderen, vdb2, rolland,...

Parodying you, I can say that Contador couldn't drop Purito, overly cautious climber, and Alex [OMG], who hasn't ridden so good in the mountains since the 2003 Vuelta. Considering what high requirements you set for Contador, it is just a shame.
No he just dropped him on stage 17 with 2.5 minutes..try see past your biased and ridiculous opinion on Contador, you dont like him, fine, but its pathetic how you in every post try to find some excuse even there are none.
Old 02-04-13, 07:05
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayvision View Post
No he just dropped him on stage 17 with 2.5 minutes..try see past your biased and ridiculous opinion on Contador, you dont like him, fine, but its pathetic how you in every post try to find some excuse even there are none.
It is worse in no way than others who cook up any excuses for the opposite.

I was saying about high mountains, because it is a matter of well-coordinated pursuit exceptionally. Such an attack would be impossible in the Tour, 100%.
Old 02-04-13, 09:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
funny you say that, didn't look like he was following nibali all that easily on the peyresourde let alone being able to "get rid of him with ease"
Froome also had a seemingly tough moment at la toussuire but then dropped everyone.

I'm sure he had it tough there but somehow he can just reboost himself in seconds.
Old 02-04-13, 10:05

Quote:

Siutsou, the forgotten man.
Old 02-04-13, 13:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
I was saying about high mountains, because it is a matter of well-coordinated pursuit exceptionally. Such an attack would be impossible in the Tour, 100%.
Agreed. Funete De was an extrodinary attack, but no way in hell it would have worked in the tour 2012 for example

(Vino would have pulled it in )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs