Alberto Contador Discussion Thread - Page 521 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #5201  
Old 02-03-13, 21:34
The Hitch's Avatar
The Hitch The Hitch is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London.
Posts: 22,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayzer114 View Post
Who do people think the strongest team will be this year at the tour? Will a Froome led sky dominate once again along with Wiggins, Porte, Henao, Uran et all or Contador with Roche, Kreuziger, Rogers??
On paper Saxo. Henao wont be at the tour, Porte and wiggins will be post Giro.

But last year no one would have thought that Porte and Rogers would be that good so maybe there are some other riders in sky about to unlock their true potential.
__________________
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013 (still undefeated). Currently 2nd all time cq rankings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre 2009 wiggins
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Reply With Quote
  #5202  
Old 02-03-13, 21:35
Miburo's Avatar
Miburo Miburo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,827
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
On paper Saxo. Henao wont be at the tour, Porte and wiggins will be post Giro.

But last year no one would have thought that Porte and Rogers would be that good so maybe there are some other riders in sky about to unlock their true potential.
That's clinic, and don't you deny it
Reply With Quote
  #5203  
Old 02-03-13, 21:47
Netserk's Avatar
Netserk Netserk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 12,751
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Actually menchov was pretty good in the prologue of the tour 2012.

1 Fabian Cancellara RadioShack 7:13
2 Bradley Wiggins Team Sky +7
3 Sylvain Chavanel Omega Pharma - Quick +7
4 Tejay van Garderen BMC Racing +10
5 Edvald Boasson Hagen Team Sky +11
6 Brett Lancaster Orica +11
7 Patrick Gretsch Argos +12
8 Denis Menchov Katyusha +13
Menchov in TdF prologues:

2001: 152
2002: 108
2003: 49
2004: 77
2005: 46
2006: 56
2007: 27
2009: 52
2010: 73
2012: 8
__________________
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
Quote:
Definition of Wheelsucking:
When a rider refuses to take a pull even though it is tactically and/or strategically more sound to take a pull
*Refusing to pull when it is tactically and/or strategically more sound not to is therefore not wheelsucking
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up
Reply With Quote
  #5204  
Old 02-03-13, 22:20
Parrulo's Avatar
Parrulo Parrulo is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9,972
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Froome got rid of Nibali with ease in the PDBF sprint and also on Peyresoudes. Its ludicrous to think he wouldnt have done it more times if allowed.
funny you say that, didn't look like he was following nibali all that easily on the peyresourde let alone being able to "get rid of him with ease"
Reply With Quote
  #5205  
Old 02-04-13, 06:25
airstream airstream is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Minsk
Posts: 4,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netserk View Post
In a 26km ITT

Menchov sucks b@lls in prologues and needs ITTs to be as long as possible. Contador rules shorter ITTs.

And Contador took 52 seconds from Menchov in the MTT.

And after Etna Contador had more than 2min to Menchov, yet he still attacked while wearing the pink
Surely. If riders had relied on statistics that much as you do we would of seen different races. Plus previous mutual TT said for Menchov.

Contador attacked because there was absolute anarchy and no one had a team to show any semblance of team pressure. It was the weakest GT but the 2008 Giro in terms of teams.

I'm sure Froome could have dropped everyone in each mountain stage in the tour, yeah the great climbers like Wiggins, nibali, a sick evans, a young van garderen, vdb2, rolland,...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo
Very impressive, right?
Parodying you, I can say that Contador couldn't drop Purito, overly cautious climber, and Alex [OMG], who hasn't ridden so good in the mountains since the 2003 Vuelta. Considering what high requirements you set for Contador, it is just a shame.

Last edited by airstream; 02-04-13 at 06:47.
Reply With Quote
  #5206  
Old 02-04-13, 06:55
xrayvision's Avatar
xrayvision xrayvision is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
Surely. If riders had relied on statistics that much as you do we would of seen different races. Plus previous mutual TT said for Menchov.

Contador attacked because there was absolute anarchy and no one had a team to show any semblance of team pressure. It was the weakest GT but the 2008 Giro in terms of teams.

I'm sure Froome could have dropped everyone in each mountain stage in the tour, yeah the great climbers like Wiggins, nibali, a sick evans, a young van garderen, vdb2, rolland,...


Parodying you, I can say that Contador couldn't drop Purito, overly cautious climber, and Alex [OMG], who hasn't ridden so good in the mountains since the 2003 Vuelta. Considering what high requirements you set for Contador, it is just a shame.
No he just dropped him on stage 17 with 2.5 minutes..try see past your biased and ridiculous opinion on Contador, you dont like him, fine, but its pathetic how you in every post try to find some excuse even there are none.
Reply With Quote
  #5207  
Old 02-04-13, 07:05
airstream airstream is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Minsk
Posts: 4,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayvision View Post
No he just dropped him on stage 17 with 2.5 minutes..try see past your biased and ridiculous opinion on Contador, you dont like him, fine, but its pathetic how you in every post try to find some excuse even there are none.
It is worse in no way than others who cook up any excuses for the opposite.

I was saying about high mountains, because it is a matter of well-coordinated pursuit exceptionally. Such an attack would be impossible in the Tour, 100%.
Reply With Quote
  #5208  
Old 02-04-13, 09:56
Miburo's Avatar
Miburo Miburo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,827
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
funny you say that, didn't look like he was following nibali all that easily on the peyresourde let alone being able to "get rid of him with ease"
Froome also had a seemingly tough moment at la toussuire but then dropped everyone.

I'm sure he had it tough there but somehow he can just reboost himself in seconds.
Reply With Quote
  #5209  
Old 02-04-13, 10:05
Ferminal Ferminal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 16,436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
On paper Saxo. Henao wont be at the tour, Porte and wiggins will be post Giro.

But last year no one would have thought that Porte and Rogers would be that good so maybe there are some other riders in sky about to unlock their true potential.
Siutsou, the forgotten man.
Reply With Quote
  #5210  
Old 02-04-13, 13:02
Vino attacks everyone's Avatar
Vino attacks everyone Vino attacks everyone is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
I was saying about high mountains, because it is a matter of well-coordinated pursuit exceptionally. Such an attack would be impossible in the Tour, 100%.
Agreed. Funete De was an extrodinary attack, but no way in hell it would have worked in the tour 2012 for example







(Vino would have pulled it in )
__________________
"I know how to ride my bike" - Nibali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.