Alberto Contador Discussion Thread - Page 542 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 02-17-13, 20:44

Thinking about it. I'm actually happy that Contador lost Oman.

This is good for T-A. Contador wants to prove something there.

Some are doubting his greatness. A champion can't allow that. He will strike back. I hope he reads a newspaper which is praising Froome, oh please let it happen.

I hope Froome realises that he's up against the toughest mental GT rider out there. Will he crack? Like purito did?

Keep in mind that Froome was the guy who waited in La Toussuire for Wiggins. Would a real champion do that when he knows he can win the tour?

You can say it's breaking a deal but should he care about it? I wonder how Froome his mental toughness is.

Getting attacked in each stage race he races like in Oman. It's scary. You almost want to give the jersey to Contador so that you're done with it.

In other words: I can't wait for T-A
Old 02-17-13, 20:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post

Some are doubting his greatness. A champion can't allow that. He will strike back. I hope he reads a newspaper which is praising Froome, oh please let it happen.

I hope Froome realises that he's up against the toughest mental GT rider out there. Will he crack? Like purito did?

Keep in mind that Froome was the guy who waited in La Toussuire for Wiggins. Would a real champion do that when he knows he can win the tour?

You can say it's breaking a deal but should he care about it? I wonder how Froome his mental toughness is.

Getting attacked in each stage race he races like in Oman. It's scary. You almost want to give the jersey to Contador so that you're done with it.

He will lose T-A too. lol
Old 02-17-13, 20:49

the abruzzo legend won't allow the alien to beat him at home. he will crush him
Old 02-17-13, 21:03
Banned

Naturally I agree with Jens on Grandissimo Il Killer!
Old 02-17-13, 21:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jens_attacks View Post
the abruzzo legend won't allow the alien to beat him at home. he will crush him
Indeed killer will beat Froome but Alberto will beat Killer

Miburo maybe you are right and this will motivate Alberto, but for TDF he will also need strength, motivation alone isn't gonna win him the race.
Old 02-17-13, 21:35

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/sport/in...n=nationsports

good read

But why did they put Alberto in between two huge guys lol

And Bjarne with glasses I think Alberto would look sexy with glasses (cool glasses not nerdy ones)
Old 02-18-13, 01:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post

You do understand though that he also lost because of his enthusiastic riding style? He behaved like a rookie sometimes. Attacking, dropping everyone, waiting, getting caught back, almost doing a track stand, attacking again, and run out of gas. It was more than great to watch, don't get me wrong, but he could have taken a more efficient approach. It's only february, it's hard race full gas and still win. Of course this was just Oman, a nice opportunity to test the legs and the competition, but he didn't exactly ride a perfect race - from a results point of view. Froome kept his cool, didn't try to match Alberto in his racing, launched an attack at the moment Contador noticed it's only February and won the race.
Old 02-18-13, 04:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post

Miburo maybe you are right and this will motivate Alberto, but for TDF he will also need strength, motivation alone isn't gonna win him the race.
You of all people should not go there
Old 02-18-13, 05:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
Naturally I agree with Jens on Grandissimo Il Killer!
Of course, you'll agree with everything aslong as it makes sure that Contador loses
Old 02-18-13, 05:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post

But it can be key. Ask Andy