Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-12, 18:08

I suppose it's not TOO major, but the podium of San Sebastián isn't too shabby.

Forever tte de la course.
Old 11-17-12, 18:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentacycle View Post
O silly me... All I remember from him this year was that he wanted to win the Brabantse Pijl, but gave up during the local laps. Oh yeah, and raising his hands in the last stage of Tour Wallonie or something. He didn't impress in the major classics at all.

He claims to have the same potential as Gilbert(maybe you can tell me more about his potential or where he's shown this), but he's just a sprinter. Ofc he's had a lot of injuries which have slowed him down. But he's almost 27, he should've shown something impressive in the classics already.
He has won a stage in Paris-Nice and Algarve. He's had a lot of injuries and did show to have a lot of talent in the U23, but that's not always a guarantee to become a big winner of course. So he definitely has potential, but it's hard to predict. To assume he's being overpaid in relation to his talent when you don't even know his paycheck is a bit silly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine Seguros View Post
I suppose it's not TOO major, but the podium of San Sebastián isn't too shabby.
Defend your only Spanish classic a bit more lol.

They should also bring back the Escalada a Montjuïc.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week

Last edited by El Pistolero; 11-17-12 at 18:10.
Old 11-17-12, 18:33

Lol jojo is cute

Meersman will go to Saxo. I know this.
Froome see's how Contador is already dressing himself in yellow in anticipation for July, how he rides with no helmet without fear, how he and his loyal second in command Kreuziger have grown thin, how he takes on the sprinters in a bunch sprint, and how Contador has given previews of what others will face in July in the form of Giro 2011 pictures....

...and he feels fear...
Old 11-17-12, 19:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
Lol jojo is cute

Meersman will go to Saxo. I know this.
Saxo have no money... are they going to pay Meersman in cola cubes or something?
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
Old 11-17-12, 20:02

I only responded because of your rather weird post about "defending your only Spanish classic", which I think was not at all relevant to the discussion about the talent of Meersman.
Old 11-17-12, 20:21

If that's what you meant, you should think about constructing your messages more clearly. Irony and sarcasm are difficult to detect in plain text and the message you sent comes across as derogatory more than as funny.

Last edited by Arnout; 11-17-12 at 20:25.
Old 11-17-12, 20:33

You do realize there's a sarcasm emoticon on this forum right? If I didn't mean what I said I'd use that emoticon.

--

Anyway, Gianni Meersman already has an oral agreement with a different WT(I assume) team. Wouldn't be the first time he broke an oral agreement though.

And to construct my message more clearly(): he had an oral agreement with Team Leopard this year, but joined Lotto instead after he heard the news about Leopard-Trek and Radioshack merging. If I remember correctly, Radioshack-Nissan-Trek wasn't very happy about that, so I don't think he's going to Radioshack.

A possible team could be BMC, but with Gilbert and Hushovd there he won't get many chances for him self... So I don't think that's an option.

OPQS doesn't have a full squad yet I think. And they don't have that many riders that are good in the races he is/wants to be good in.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week

Last edited by El Pistolero; 11-17-12 at 20:39.
Old 11-17-12, 21:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
They should also bring back the Escalada a Montjuc.
That was pretty cool, but I'd prefer the Subida a Urkiola back first. One of my favourite one-day races.

Forever tte de la course.
Old 11-18-12, 11:10

So Lotto lose one of five leaders, they still want to be WT?
Old 11-18-12, 16:35

J-Rod almost certain to extend with Katusha http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/13...usha-team.aspx
Closed Thread