The Official Moser is the new Moser Thread - Page 20 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 12-16-12, 12:18

http://www.wielerflits.nl/nieuws/206...oorjaar--.html

Not Moser, but Sagan(was a discussion about his program here).

He only mentions Milan-San Remo, Ronde and AGR. Makes no mention of any other classic, but that doesn't mean he will not ride it of course. But also means it isn't confirmed he will ride everything.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Old 01-15-13, 16:53

http://trentinocorrierealpi.gelocal....tour-1.6349918

Moreno talking about his program.
Will start with Lugano and Camaiore, then Strade Bianche and T/A.
He will ride Milano Sanremo and the Ardennes, not the cobbled classics. Tour de France is gonna be his first GT ever, preceded by Dauphine and Suisse.

He's not riding the Giro because he's not sure he can do well this year, and not winning a stage would be a huge failure in his mind. At the Tour, on the other hand, there's gonna be less pressure on him. He also hinted that he might try to win a GT in the future (which I personally don't think is a good idea, but whatever).
Old 01-15-13, 17:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeBet View Post

He will ride Milano Sanremo and the Ardennes, not the cobbled classics. Tour de France is gonna be his first GT ever, preceded by Dauphine and Suisse.

He's not riding the Giro because he's not sure he can do well this year, and not winning a stage would be a huge failure in his mind. At the Tour, on the other hand, there's gonna be less pressure on him. He also hinted that he might try to win a GT in the future (which I personally don't think is a good idea, but whatever).
Dauphine AND Suisse I think is quite difficult should be only one of the two...
T/A is maybe too hard for him now....
Old 01-15-13, 17:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeoSheva View Post
Dauphine AND Suisse I think is quite difficult should be only one of the two...
T/A is maybe too hard for him now....
Yeah sorry I read an "e" where there was an "o".
Sounded strange to me as well

If he really wants to become a GT rider he needs to start testing himself in one week races.
Old 01-15-13, 18:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeBet View Post

Very true. He is much more of a puncheur. I wouldn't mind him going the way of Gilbert. He could be very successful being a puncheur. Just look at his performance in the Tour of Poland. He closed a gap on Henao that should have been impossible to close on a short steep uphill. Gilbertesque if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine Seguros View Post
Colombia is a world of totally alien wonder, a bit like putting the Amish in the control room at NASA.
Old 01-15-13, 19:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustienordic View Post
Very true. He is much more of a puncheur. I wouldn't mind him going the way of Gilbert. He could be very successful being a puncheur. Just look at his performance in the Tour of Poland. He closed a gap on Henao that should have been impossible to close on a short steep uphill. Gilbertesque if you ask me.
Well I can actually see him go the Valverde/Rodriguez way, why not...he's so young he could develop into an incredibile stage racer, and a good Ardennes rider all the same.
Old 01-15-13, 20:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippo_San View Post
Well I can actually see him go the Valverde/Rodriguez way, why not...he's so young he could develop into an incredibile stage racer, and a good Ardennes rider all the same.
Well I suppose. Both of these riders usually have killer finishes uphill, which is exactly what Moser is good at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine Seguros View Post
Colombia is a world of totally alien wonder, a bit like putting the Amish in the control room at NASA.
Old 01-16-13, 00:31

I am quite hopeful that he can get a stage at the TDF. The Ardennes will be good for him to gain experience there and who knows he could go really well.

Moser could go well at GT's in the future just like we say with Sagan. In fact his climbing seems better and he also seems ok at the Time Trials.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog

The Grand Boucle wasn't just Europe's for the taking.

@TheYoungest: "We might as well get dropped"

Quote:Originally Posted by Vino attacks everyone
"Has Porte ever dropped Nibali in any mountain?"
D&C "He will soon......"
Old 02-16-13, 16:37

I was browsing through Moreno's Twitter and found this:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/-_hIyNc0tk0M/UR...o%252520FC.jpg

Old 02-16-13, 16:53

And I bet you ordered it