Chris Froome Discussion Thread. - Page 2 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 08-25-12, 19:13

How can one watch Froome ride a bike without getting physically ill? Need advice.
Old 08-25-12, 19:19

He'll wait for the TT to set the bar, he's just playing it safe for now. He's not the explosive climber he tried last year and still lost to Cobo so its still happening this year, at least he's consistent. He's still a safe distance time wise from the leaders especially considering the TT gaps he can set.
Old 08-25-12, 19:29

I love how Froome seem so be a little tired from a long season, and Contador seems to be a little under "race-trained" I expect massive battles next year!

He does somehow remind me a little of Ulrich... i know its not the same style or anything, but im kinda expecting Froome to be the new 2nd place rider, the one that would have won everything if it wasent for that one other rider..
Old 08-25-12, 19:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpehue View Post
I love how Froome seem so be a little tired from a long season, and Contador seems to be a little under "race-trained" I expect massive battles next year!
Actually Froome raced a week in the spring, Dauphine, Tour and Olympics ~35 race days, so shouldn't be that tired as everyone is saying but isn't at 100% imo as the gap between the Tour/Olympics and the Vuelta is small.
Old 08-25-12, 19:48
Administrator

I like Froome because he doesn't follow the Sky/Wiggins way of winning races, he will let his team ride a hard pace up the climb but will also actually attack his GC rivals. Hope Sky doesn't make him play domestique to Wiggo next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
And he made fun of Wiggins in the tour, how can you not like him for that? lol
That's reason enough for me to like him.
Old 08-25-12, 20:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnout View Post
How can one watch Froome ride a bike without getting physically ill? Need advice.
Watch CAS for a few hours and Froome will seem like a ballet dancer
Banned

I like Froome as a guy who alongside with Andy possibly one day will be able to personify an outstanding climbing content of this beautiful sport!
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
The second one is, since all the "discussion threads" you see now, started off as appreciation threads until 1 mod changed them for some reason. But plenty like the froome thread escaped his view.
is that what our relationship has come too? i don't even have a name anymore. . . . just a nameless mod

as for froome. . . . i am not a fan but i still would take him any day over wiggins as at least he attacks
Old 08-25-12, 20:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cimber View Post
Watch CAS for a few hours and Froome will seem like a ballet dancer
and Voeckler
Old 08-25-12, 20:17

I like Froome; well spoken, seems humble, very good rider, attacks. If he moves from Sky he could make my top 5 fav list! But I just can't root for Sky....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alberto Contador of Pinto: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali makes history and joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all Three Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~