Lance speaking to Frank Andreu? - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-09, 19:05

Default Lance speaking to Frank Andreu?

Interesting to see Lance speaking with Frankie Andreu in the Versus interviews. I would think that Lance would snub him, given how outspoken Andreau has been about claiming first hand knowledge of doping by Armstrong.
Old 07-05-09, 19:22

Lance appears to be surprising quite a few people. There was a shot today of him sharing an animated but clearly friendly conversation with Boonen. The Dutch commentators made the point that Boonen had left USPS in 02 against Lance's express wishes, and that the two hadn't talked for some years thereafter.

Maybe he's mellowing with age?
Old 07-05-09, 19:29

Isn't it his ex-wife who has been outspoken? It always seemed like Frankie wasn't as comfortable with it. Though he did admit that he himself took EPO and he did stand by his testimony about the conversation in the hospital, he also stated clearly that he had never personally seen Lance use anything illegal.
Old 07-05-09, 19:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterhammer View Post
Or he's wondering where to find the hookers and blow these days and figures Tomke's the guy to ask.
Old 07-05-09, 19:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumPhil View Post
Interesting to see Lance speaking with Frankie Andreu in the Versus interviews. I would think that Lance would snub him, given how outspoken Andreau has been about claiming first hand knowledge of doping by Armstrong.
Yea, I was wincing a bit during that interview. Lance savaged Andreu's wife after she testified in some court deposition. Interview went well (professional at least) though I imagine there has to be some hard feelings.
Old 07-05-09, 21:33
Thoughtforfood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephens View Post
Or he's wondering where to find the hookers and blow these days and figures Tomke's the guy to ask.
OK, that's freaking funny.
Old 07-05-09, 22:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumPhil View Post
crisis management 101
Old 07-05-09, 22:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterhammer View Post
Lance appears to be surprising quite a few people. There was a shot today of him sharing an animated but clearly friendly conversation with Boonen. The Dutch commentators made the point that Boonen had left USPS in 02 against Lance's express wishes, and that the two hadn't talked for some years thereafter.

express wishes? Only sheep like Hincapie subsume themselves and let their identity be co-opted by the master.
Old 07-07-09, 02:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat View Post
express wishes? Only sheep like Hincapie subsume themselves and let their identity be co-opted by the master.
"sheep like Hincapie"? This is most definitely the last post I read on this forum. The dude is riding his 14th Tour, and is one of the most respected guys in the peloton, please show some respect.
Old 07-07-09, 02:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by girofan View Post
"sheep like Hincapie"? This is most definitely the last post I read on this forum. The dude is riding his 14th Tour, and is one of the most respected guys in the peloton, please show some respect.
You mean it is your first and your last?

Last edited by Escarabajo; 07-07-09 at 02:37.
Closed Thread