Vuelta 2012, Stage 16: Gijón > Cuitu Nigru (183,5 kms) - Page 92 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 09-04-12, 12:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
Yeah, but Contador will have the final laugh at the WC when he totally screws over the Spanish.

He should **** them off even worse than Michele Bartoli did with Paolo Bettini. Too bad Contador is too kind for that. His attacking style reminds me of Eddy Merckx, but Eddy Merckx would have taken his revenge like he did with Freddy Maertens at the WC in 1974. Although that's not a very legal way to deal with things.
A guy whose entire mo is making allies is going to screw all his friends over for a race he doesn't even care much about and probably wont win even if he does screw them over for it?
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 09-04-12, 12:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18-Valve. (pithy) View Post
Purito and Valverde are just close friends like that. Contador, on the other hand, attacked when Valverde was behind because of a crash.
????? when did Contador attack when Valverde was down? Katusha did until Purito heard Valverde was on the floor, then they came off the front. Saxo never went to the front. It was Sky and Katusha.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alberto Contador of Pinto: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali makes history and joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all Three Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
Old 09-04-12, 12:28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by carols View Post
????? When did contador attack when valverde was down? Katusha did until purito heard valverde was on the floor, then they came off the front. Saxo never went to the front. It was sky and katusha.
_____
Old 09-04-12, 12:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
_____
Vuelta? I have it...do you know the stage? It's a rest day will have a look.

Thanks!

Alberto Contador of Pinto: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali makes history and joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all Three Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
Old 09-04-12, 13:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carols View Post
????? when did Contador attack when Valverde was down? Katusha did until Purito heard Valverde was on the floor, then they came off the front. Saxo never went to the front. It was Sky and Katusha.
On Valdezcaray when Valverde was very close to catching back the group.
Old 09-04-12, 13:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
Yeah, but Contador will have the final laugh at the WC when he totally screws over the Spanish.

He should **** them off even worse than Michele Bartoli did with Paolo Bettini. Too bad Contador is too kind for that. His attacking style reminds me of Eddy Merckx, but Eddy Merckx would have taken his revenge like he did with Freddy Maertens at the WC in 1974. Although that's not a very legal way to deal with things.
That would be so awesome but yeah he won't do it he's too nice
Old 09-04-12, 13:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
A guy whose entire mo is making allies is going to screw all his friends over for a race he doesn't even care much about and probably wont win even if he does screw them over for it?
Lol too true
Old 09-04-12, 22:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelantik View Post
is it just me, or it looked like valverde sorta gank up with purito to get ride off contador on the last climb? Plus purito comment yesterday to valverde before the start: "let's get some win today" Hm… you and moi? like in the first week?? b/c Valverde has been the one that campaigning to say contador is nervous, contador is attacking at the wrong place etc. etc. Wonder if he doesn't want contador to win GT right after a ban. Otherwise, that would be spectacular!! If, it took him all year long to get his rhythm back, maybe he is hoping that AC should pay his due first…
Now that you mention it I do remember reading some where that Purito had said to Valverde about having him as an ally to help him (Purito) win the Vuelta since Valverde had already won a GT and Contador had won too many that he (Contador) can't even count them - or something like that - which makes sense to your observations

But of course I could be wrong
Old 09-06-12, 00:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevim View Post
Contador will probably attack on Fuente De just because he can
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
mark my words, contador wins the vuelta there

Not exactly on point. But good enough for a soothsayer.

Can you do Lotto as well? If so I'd like a word.
Old 11-24-12, 18:44

It's almost winter, so now cyclist are resting. So I was remembering one of the best stages of the year.

It was fun to read again the comments about this stage on this post, people thought the Vuelta was decided after a lot of up-hill finishes and three big moutains with crazy mountains.

You can watch 20 minutes here of the last one of the "trípitico", Gijón-Cuitu Negru:
http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/videos/v...negro/1519550/

After that, an "easy" stage was going to change the point of view of everyone:
http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=18446

And the the "Bola del Mundo" almost change the opinion of everyone again with the last attempt from Putiro.