Dede Barry - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 10-10-12, 21:02

Default Dede Barry

It is great to see that Michael Barry is owning up to his past and seeks our forgiveness.
“I apologize to those I deceived. I will accept my suspension and any other consequences. I will work hard to regain people’s trust.”

His wife came out of nowhere in 2004 to gain 2nd place in the Olympic TT, in a stunning time, 2nd only to an unbelievable ride by Leontin van Morsel.

If you look at the palmares of Dede e.g. at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dede_Barry the factual trail is that 2002, 2003 and 2004 gave no witness whatsoever that Dede would ride the socks off so many others in the peloton at Athens.

Dede - keeping your powder dry ? Putting the opposition off the scent ?

Michael here is a big moment. You want our forgiveness, because you are now "born again" and speak only the truth in the era of the new dawn.

Or are you a lying toady just trying to say the bare minimum to save your skin when dragged kicking and screaming into court. You have utter contempt for the fans and will bull***t them with whatever you think you can get away with.

Oh how could you suggest such a thing - nasty Freddy ?

Michael, invite Mrs Barry to join you on your lovely new soapbox where you support "truth and reconciliation and a new future for all". While you were juicing it up to the eyeballs, was the Mrs sitting on the side saying "tut, tut, don't do that you naughty boy - look, I can go from zero to hero on orange juice and mom's apple pie - just you watch". "Oh dear, only 2nd, that wonderful Leontin is sooooooo good."

Last edited by Freddythefrog; 10-10-12 at 21:08. Reason: typo
Old 10-10-12, 21:19

never mind
Old 10-10-12, 21:25

Default meanwhile at another husband/wife double act -

How is the Longo/Ciprelli case doing ?

enter scene left - worried wife takes knob of un-melted butter out of mouth and says - "Nasty hubster Patrice buying all that dope off evil Joe Papp whilst I am trying to earn a living riding clean. It is so much effort trying to do the best for the household with hubby spending so much on 5 years supply of epo for himself. He told me he was buying for the mother in law of Raimondus Rumsas now the evil boy was no longer looking out for his aged relative !"

Last edited by Freddythefrog; 10-10-12 at 21:32. Reason: added Longo - some may not know of the rider to which I refer !
Old 10-11-12, 00:12

Default Cycling Canada have to decide

are they as bad as the rest and will turn over the page and "forget".

http://blogs.wsj.com/dailyfix/2012/1...strong-report/

10:54 pm
Zabriskie affidavit
Add a Comment

According to his affidavit, Zabriskie felt cornered but eventually decided to take EPO. Dr. del Moral injected both Zabriskie and Barry. Bruyneel said that if someone came to the door of the apartment after they used EPO, they should not answer the door. Bruyneel and del Moral also left a box of testosterone patches, saying EPO worked best when taken with testosterone. Afterward, Barry, Zabriskie and Barry’s wife Dede discussed EPO and justified using it because of its “wide use in the peloton.”

Looks like that is a slam dunk.

Cycling Canada have you got a spine ? I see on your web site the logo is "Race clean own your own victory"
Old 10-11-12, 00:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddythefrog View Post

Cycling Canada have you got a spine ?
It's been over 8 years. By a few hours.
Old 10-11-12, 02:30

Quote:

Cycling Canada have you got a spine ? I see on your web site the logo is "Race clean own your own victory"
Dede Barry is American.
Old 10-11-12, 04:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalgo View Post
Dede Barry is American.
Which, unfortunately, is almost certainly the Cycling Canada line.

...we are such a small cycling nation... ...please don't hurt us... cycling is cleaner now...

Embarrassing.

Thank you Michael Barry. I am tired of all of the pretending within this country - especially by those who damn well know what is going on.

Like, it is too cold for our cyclists to think of PEDs?

Dave.

Lance says he will cooperate with Landis Investigation

"I've done too many good things for too many people"
Old 10-11-12, 05:15

Wonder what, if anything, Armstrong told Dede? After all Armstrong does have a way of sending subtle threatening messages to the wives and family members of other riders. Just ask Levi.
Old 10-11-12, 17:41

Quote:
are they as bad as the rest and will turn over the page and "forget".

thanks Shalgo !

My mistake - what an idiot - of course - nothing to do with Canada. So USADA have jurisdiction and just as they extended back with Lance they can do the same for Dede.
Old 10-11-12, 17:49

Quote:

My mistake - what an idiot - of course - nothing to do with Canada. So USADA have jurisdiction and just as they extended back with Lance they can do the same for Dede.
Read this

http://d3epuodzu3wuis.cloudfront.net...edDecision.pdf

and then explain why Dede's case should be extended back as was Lance's.