Sean Yates - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 10-11-12, 18:22

Default Sean Yates

" I never saw anything guv !!!!!! "

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/yate...hannel-in-2005

Omerta is alive and well at Team Sky !!!!
Old 10-11-12, 18:25

http://audioboo.fm/boos/1001448

"I just drive the car", nothing to do with training, guv
Old 10-11-12, 18:28

Talk about being disappointed.

All Hail Sergeant Schultz!
Old 10-11-12, 18:30

In his defense, Discovery were very paranoid in 2005 according to Floyd, no more bragging like in 2001 so it's possible they conducted a strict "need to know basis". On the other hand, if they did stop to dope on mountain roads, he would probably know. Did Floyd said that was in 2004 or 2005?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyvwtOQYQ-E
Old 10-11-12, 18:31

I see nothing–NOTHING!
Old 10-11-12, 18:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkman View Post
In his defense, Discovery were very paranoid in 2005 according to Floyd, no more bragging like in 2001 so it's possible they conducted a strict "need to know basis". On the other hand, if they did stop to dope on mountain roads, he would probably know. Did Floyd said that was in 2004 or 2005?
If the stuff was wrapped in tin foil or something similar it was probably easier for Yates to assume they were distributing snacks.
Old 10-11-12, 18:38

Quote:
His wiki page says it was Lance who brought him to Discovery Channel, so you can probably infer that LA knew from the Motorola days that he was down.
Old 10-11-12, 18:39

They're still a joke, I agree. Trouble is that you have situations like after this article was published: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/brai...-investigation, after which Brailsford phoned the CN editor to complain about it. CN will be worried about ''access'' etc just like they were in the USPS days.

Last edited by red_flanders; 10-13-12 at 12:45. Reason: removed profuse swearing in quote, no real content left
Old 10-11-12, 18:39

Quote:
I would dearly like to be able to see a fair side to Yates denial - but we are talking about SEAN YATES fer g** sakes! This is a man from the top of the sport. He knows about doping, methods, people involved, what's popular now, EVEN IF HE NEVER USED ANYTHING. Either that, or he is so DUMB he belongs in the Sgt Schultz role! I simply find it impossible to believe that he would suspect nothing. Even if he was an outsider, not in the inner ring - ignorance just surpasses credibility. And he obviously is not that dumb.

I will grant that Andreu said HE did not know the extent - and while he was there - but to not even suspect still is beyond believability. He is denying to do the cya dance.

Last edited by hiero2; 10-11-12 at 18:43.
Old 10-11-12, 18:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatParker117 View Post
If the stuff was wrapped in tin foil or something similar it was probably easier for Yates to assume they were distributing snacks.
I am not saying he is innocent, I am just pointing out assumed facts, don't be an idiot about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyvwtOQYQ-E