Armstrong Misleads & Swindles Livestrong Donors - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 10-19-12, 21:37

Default Armstrong Misleads & Swindles Livestrong Donors

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-860283
Old 10-19-12, 21:44

Even though the article slates him, it praises his efforts to find the cure for cancer. Out of interest, what % of money raised by Livestrong has gone on that? I know they contribute almost nothing these days, but what about prior to that shift in policy?
Old 10-19-12, 21:52

Wow. That's so bad and so blatant even I have trouble believing it.
Old 10-19-12, 22:06

Holy sh!t, that's really ****ed-up. 29% of the money from that ride went into Armstrong's pocket. I remember how ****ed people would get a few years ago when someone posted a picture of Lance's pool with the words "swimming in 'cancer awareness.'" Well...

Old 10-19-12, 22:26

That's a pretty disturbing story, between Lance's actions and the part where you donate 35k and only get a tax receipt for 25k. I doubt many here will be greatly surprised by this. The thing that bothers me though is that this event was in 2005 and it's just now being written about. Was everyone afraid (for legal reasons) to publish accounts like this until recently? Provided the details are accurate, this seems like a pretty telling portrait into the kind of man he is.

It's troubling that the media has controlled the message for so long and cherrypicked what they've chosen to put out there for the general public. This is why way too many people have believed in the sham this entire time.
Old 10-19-12, 22:34

That's a) gross and b) not surprising, although I'm worried about the accuracy of detail of someone who claims to have worn a livestrong bracelet for years when the incident that made him take it off happened a year after they first came out. Either way, doesn't take away from the universally blatant arrogance of his Lanceness.
Old 10-19-12, 22:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by el hipopotamo View Post
That's a pretty disturbing story, between Lance's actions and the part where you donate 35k and only get a tax receipt for 25k. I doubt many here will be greatly surprised by this. The thing that bothers me though is that this event was in 2005 and it's just now being written about. Was everyone afraid (for legal reasons) to publish accounts like this until recently? Provided the details are accurate, this seems like a pretty telling portrait into the kind of man he is.

It's troubling that the media has controlled the message for so long and cherrypicked what they've chosen to put out there for the general public. This is why way too many people have believed in the sham this entire time.
Exactly my thoughts at the time.

Recent revelations and actions have neutered the power of his potential legal threats. Plus he must be preserving or attempting to hide his assets in preparation for the onslaught of legal suits.

I notice he still has his Gulfstream jet, N7LA registration. Must be looking to re-register with N0LA .

http://flightaware.com/resources/registration/N7LA
Old 10-19-12, 22:53

This confirms everything we suspected about Livestrong. The most shocking thing is not that Armstrong is a crook. It is that he did not even attempt to pretend that he was not.
Old 10-19-12, 23:27

Interesting article, but not surprising. If I had to put my finger on why I dislike Ironman, and the WTC, it would be because they have a somewhat similar attitude towards the people who support them. They make fun of them, act above it all, yet convince them that their circus is all about love and good feelings. It's been worse since they started hanging out with Lance Armstrong. How lost are people to buy into their crap. To listen to them wax poetic about myths, gods, and being a part of something bigger than themselves is almost comical. If they could only see that they're pawns in a giant money making scheme that culminates in a freaky week long retreat to Kona.

Not to thread jack, but feeding on people's good nature is disturbing. How many times does Lance have to do it before it stops working? Krikey, if you have thirty five thousand dollars to throw around, give it to a local charity, or hospital.
Old 10-19-12, 23:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velodude View Post
Exactly my thoughts at the time.

Recent revelations and actions have neutered the power of his potential legal threats. Plus he must be preserving or attempting to hide his assets in preparation for the onslaught of legal suits.

I notice he still has his Gulfstream jet, N7LA registration. Must be looking to re-register with N0LA .

http://flightaware.com/resources/registration/N7LA
Jet has been sold.

I remember hearing about this at the time and I couldn't believe it. Then I heard it over and over. Who knew riding charity rides could be so lucrative?