Le Tour de France 2013: who will win? - Page 13 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2013 Tour
Alberto Contador 61 63.54%
Cristopher Froome 25 26.04%
Andy Schleck 6 6.25%
Vincenzo Nibali 2 2.08%
Cadel Evans / Teehay Van Garderen 2 2.08%
Ryder Hesjedal 1 1.04%
Alejandro Valverde / Juan Jose Cobo 1 1.04%
Other (specify) 1 1.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-12, 14:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
It's wrong. You do conclusion on Froome mostly on the 2012 Vuelta where he lost rather to his bad shape than to Contador. However when you rate Contador, you act like Vuelta didn't exist. Ok, let's declare that since Vuelta there are two or three equal climbers - Contador, Purito and Alex. Agree? But when one says Froome is not an explosive climber... I don't know how one should watch races to think so.

Unfortunately, it is an old light-geared Andy. Nowadays he pedals in a more thickset way. After 2009 his trainers changed his work a bit to improve TT skills almost unsuccessfully.
1.No,it is not conclusion from Vuelta,its conclusion of all races 2011 and 2012 what has Froome raced.Its simple,I believe that Contador and Schleck can repeat or improve their best performaces and so beat Froome,I believe that Froome might improve 2012 level,but it wont be enough to match Contador and Schleck in Ax3,Ventoux,Dhuez.Anyway I dont expect big gaps.

2.I mean when Andy goes allout on big climb Froome cant resist,thats my thing.
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
I am a fan of Afrank's hyping posts!
Excuse me for my English
Old 11-11-12, 14:39

Quote:
It was so in 2010, what it is going to happen in 2013 we can only guess. Nibali doesn't have a tag 'i'll never be able to climb like schleck and contador' on his forehead. Froome is on the biggest rise among current big guns.
That was exactly the point of my post. Froome has shown things that suggest he might be a real threat to AC and AS, but he hasn't proved a thing against them yet. However, he hasn't had the chance to either; and since he seems to climb better than the rest, it'll be great to see how he'll fare against the two riders who are currently considered the best climbers. Maybe those two will affirm their status, maybe Froome will show to be as good a climber, or maybe he'll do better. Who knows. But as long as he didn't actually beat the best climbers, there's no point in saying Froome is one of the best climbers. He simply hasn't had a proper chance of showing whether he is or isn't at the moment.
Old 11-11-12, 14:58

Default Hesjedal...

Hmmm...

HESJEDAL!
Old 11-11-12, 15:05

Wanted to vote for Berto but apparently I can't vote.
Don't remember voting before but maybe I was drunk. Who cares anyway.
Old 11-11-12, 18:42

I don't know who will win, but I will be very disappointed if "Froome-dog" gets much airtime. His riding is just so f*&^ing ugly. The head-bobbing, the stupid white glasses, the bony arms.....the whole package. Add in the air-head trophy girlfriend and his privileged upbringing. I just have this (completely irrational) dislike of the guy.
Old 11-11-12, 18:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkybiker View Post
I don't know who will win, but I will be very disappointed if "Froome-dog" gets much airtime. His riding is just so f*&^ing ugly. The head-bobbing, the stupid white glasses, the bony arms.....the whole package. Add in the air-head trophy girlfriend and his privileged upbringing. I just have this (completely irrational) dislike of the guy.
You are stupid.Do you ever heard interview with him?He is really kind and polite.His style is not so good but his desire to win and race is so excellent,he is a great guy and rider.
His airhead girlfriend?Who cares , she is hot as hell
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
I am a fan of Afrank's hyping posts!
Excuse me for my English
Old 11-11-12, 19:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkybiker View Post
Add in the air-head trophy girlfriend and his privileged upbringing.
Envy like fire always makes for the highest points.
Titus Livius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovecycling View Post
You are stupid.Do you ever heard interview with him?He is really kind and polite.His style is not so good but his desire to win and race is so excellent,he is a great guy and rider.
His airhead girlfriend?Who cares , she is hot as hell
Froome is one of the humbliest guys there is indeed, at least in the peleton. Very friendly and all.
Banned

The more charismatic and bright guys we have the better. The Legend: an incarnation all the best in cycling in one person, the devil - spawn of omerta with all the consequences and misterious alien who is able of anything. It's almost like the good the bad the ugly.
Old 11-11-12, 19:34

Quote:
What do 'real climbers' imply? But there was a grandiose team mountain work probably the most impressive one since CSC in the 2008 Tour. Froome is not a real climber? Are you kidding? While on form the guy is able to burn out any uphill. He's got an excellent explosive power. He is better than say Andy in this regard, however he is allegedly a real climber.
No one is saying Froome isn't a real climber. The statement was that there were no exceptional climbers in top form to challenge Sky/Wiggins/Froome in the 2012 Tour. We've had this debate multiple times already.

You certainly have given up on Andy. You are a fickle fella.