Le Tour de France 2013: who will win? - Page 28 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2013 Tour
Alberto Contador 61 63.54%
Cristopher Froome 25 26.04%
Andy Schleck 6 6.25%
Vincenzo Nibali 2 2.08%
Cadel Evans / Teehay Van Garderen 2 2.08%
Ryder Hesjedal 1 1.04%
Alejandro Valverde / Juan Jose Cobo 1 1.04%
Other (specify) 1 1.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-12, 13:47
Administrator

i like to be liberal and let most stuff slide around here but aristream's constant clinic references are indeed too much. this matter has been forwarded to the higher ups and they will decide what to do.
Old 11-19-12, 13:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
i like to be liberal and let most stuff slide around here but aristream's constant clinic references are indeed too much. this matter has been forwarded to the higher ups and they will decide what to do.
Thank Goodness--he is Relentless in his constant ignoring of the Rules of this forum....and it's not just Contador though almost every one of his Condator posts has clinic material.

But Valverde and Cobo have been fair game also....

When will it Stop??? Only when he is taught that disregarding the rules has Consequences...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alberto Contador of Pinto: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali makes history and joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all Three Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 11-19-12, 14:11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angliru
Although if we are to subscribe to Airstream's philosophy, Andy should have fresh legs and have an edge on his rivals due to his minimal days of racing in 2012
I just don't globalize a 6 month break. Competing the entire season has its negatives. Yes, lack of practice affected them on him negatively, but to think Valverde and Rodriguez were prepared perfectly and waaaay better is not quite correct. True, their preparation was better, but not that much as one would like to hope soooo much.

Last edited by airstream; 11-19-12 at 14:13.
Old 11-19-12, 14:16
Administrator

i can see own deleted posts airstream. . . regardless of being fans or not of contador, the rule is pretty simple: "don't take clinic talk into the road racing forum" rule which you have been violating repeatedly so stop playing the victim.
Old 11-19-12, 14:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
The lol is because you spent all of last year pretending to be a schleck fan to troll the contador crowd, but the second a contador fan praises Andy you lose all allegiance to your supposed favorite rider. True colours.

And write as many paragraphs as you want, but nibali and purito simply are not in the league of contador and schleck, and even their most passionate fans (apart.from.that deluded Canadian who thinks nibali will win 7 tours) would argue that they are.
A few years ago I would have agreed re Schleck and Contador as the best climbers but Schleck always loses what he gains in the mountains with the TT and if he ever improves in that discipline it may not be by much. This is the reason he will always find it hard to beat Contador who is a much better TT rider usually. I think the final TT in the Tour in 2010 was out of character for him but Schleck definitely made him work for the win that year. Rodriguez has shown moderate improvement in his TT riding. But I think Nibali and Rodriguez have definitely improved and it's hard to rate Wiggins and Froome against Schleck and Contador. Comparing them to each other based on what happened two years ago is pointless. Schleck's reputation has taken a battering and it won't be corrected until he gets an impressive result. I think he is being rated on reputation only at the moment. But for the good of the sport it would be great to see a battle in the Tour in 2013 with a motivated Schleck being one of the combatants. I want to see a contest like the last Vuelta not a walkover.
Old 11-19-12, 14:23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
i can see own deleted posts airstream. . . regardless of being fans or not of contador, the rule is pretty simple: "don't take clinic talk into the road racing forum" rule which you have been violating repeatedly so stop playing the victim.
I never imposed such matter only mentioning them casually. Any sanction would be a banal revenge towards a fan with diametrically opposed cycling views.
Old 11-19-12, 14:39

Are you using a thesaurus to replace any word you can come up with?
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Old 11-19-12, 14:46

Haha +1 jojo I don't even understand what he is saying
Old 11-19-12, 14:47

This page f*cked my head so badly that I need to go sleep
Old 11-19-12, 15:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
I never imposed such matter only mentioning them casually. Any sanction would be a banal revenge towards a fan with diametrically opposed cycling views.
lol, you trying to use big words, I'm sure will get your points across better

tell me how much time do you spend, looking up these words in your dictionary?