Le Tour de France 2013: who will win? - Page 41 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2013 Tour
Alberto Contador 61 63.54%
Cristopher Froome 25 26.04%
Andy Schleck 6 6.25%
Vincenzo Nibali 2 2.08%
Cadel Evans / Teehay Van Garderen 2 2.08%
Ryder Hesjedal 1 1.04%
Alejandro Valverde / Juan Jose Cobo 1 1.04%
Other (specify) 1 1.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-12, 10:54

The natural selection of Darwin explains that only the strongests survives. And Froome was the strongest in 2011 Vuelta and 2012 Tour. We are not talking about a gazelle. We are talking about other lion which is threatening the kingdom of the current king. And this is the nature. Or you never heart anything about the natural replace?
Old 11-21-12, 11:04
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Ever heard of Darwin? Some are just stronger than others. When a lion fights a gazelle the lion wins every time. Yet what you are arguing is that if the lion hasn't fought a gazelle in a while we have to assume the gazelle has grown claws and teeth. and that we are stupid to say otherwise.

Did indurain or.hinault or merckx win 1 gt then step aside. Or did they keep winning?

The strong win and continue to win. You know why?

Cos they are ****ing stronger.
No, I'm learning technical subjects. But even my it's entirely incorrect comparison. They are all human beings and afterall it's life and many things change. If one reasons like you, other riders are not entitled to grow in order to be equal Contador because in such a case one would have nothing but uncovering a notorious argument about off-form. From outsider's perspective, it looks like concsious will to polarize the situation to elevate your rider even more. I don't know how you treat Armstrong. Based on what I could read, you handle him quite neutrally. Well-know Contador fans don't like Lance. But it is exactly his approach. Lion and gazelles and thinking 'When I don't win, it's not normal'.

Well, my question is still in force. 'If Contador is in form, he is not beatable'. How you came to that?
Old 11-21-12, 11:12

Contador is there he is the likely winner, he'll find a way to win whether it be the Sky/US Postal method or by cunning, guile and cleverness. It's not all about physical strength, it's having the brains to use the strength. This is easy Contadors rides; 9 times out of ten he wins

www.justcycling.myfastforum.org
Old 11-21-12, 11:15
Banned

Product of the same methods.

Probably it's grateful to root for the strongest rider [I never checked and never will]. More fun, more expectations, more positive emotions. But it obscures the eyes so much...

Last edited by airstream; 11-21-12 at 11:20.
Old 11-21-12, 12:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Do you think anyone is going to.believe your unexplained theories to heart just because you order them" learn it"
I expect Contador 2013 performances to be in the 2012 Vuelta neighbourhood. Quote it for posterity. It wouldn't be the first or the last time that I say to you: "I told you so".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
And you have yet provide any meaningful argument that Froome wasn't fatigued at the Vuelta.
You're the one saying that, so it's up you to prove it. IMO Bio Harzard's year programme was mild, and in the Tour he didn't go full gas, thus there was no a real reason to be tired. Again see Gesink, see Valverde.
Old 11-21-12, 13:54
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineteq View Post
You're the one saying that, so it's up you to prove it. IMO Bio Harzard's year programme was mild, and in the Tour he didn't go full gas, thus there was no a real reason to be tired. Again see Gesink, see Valverde.
The only argument to mine you have been providing is "no, your wrong, I'm right" it's a weak argument. Did you watch the tour? Did you see Froome riding everybody off his wheel, even his own teammate at times How does a rider ride everyone off his wheel in the mountains and not go hard in doing so? Go back to the forum during the Vuelta or go to any article that was published during the Vuelta and you will read the same thing, Froome was fatigued.

Your theory that Valverde proves Froome wasn't fatigued has already been dis-proven.

Froome>>>>>>>>>>>Gesink Plus he didn't do the same amount of work as Froome due to his crash, which made him drop out on stage 12.
Old 11-21-12, 14:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
Product of the same methods.

Probably it's grateful to root for the strongest rider [I never checked and never will]. More fun, more expectations, more positive emotions. But it obscures the eyes so much...
Chaneling The Great Pink floyd? :P sometimes i wonder if you are on lsd or weed
Old 11-21-12, 14:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
Your theory that Valverde proves Froome wasn't fatigued has already been dis-proven.

Froome>>>>>>>>>>>Gesink Plus he didn't do the same amount of work as Froome due to his crash, which made him drop out on stage 12.
You quoted my argument, and don't try to twist it into 'i'm right, you're wrong' argument. If you want to continue sounding like a broken record, and say Froome was fatigued, what a poor thing, and so on, fine. Last time I check, Froome was a pro road cyclist. If you want to play naïve, fine, it's up to you. Next question?

Last edited by cineteq; 11-21-12 at 14:50.
Old 11-21-12, 14:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zam_Olyas View Post
Wait they have weed in belarus
Old 11-21-12, 14:26
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zam_Olyas View Post
Do you really find yourself funny? What's wrong? What exactly do you disagree with? These words don't do you credit, even if it was said in jest.

Last edited by airstream; 11-21-12 at 14:29.