Le Tour de France 2013: who will win? - Page 43 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2013 Tour
Alberto Contador 61 63.54%
Cristopher Froome 25 26.04%
Andy Schleck 6 6.25%
Vincenzo Nibali 2 2.08%
Cadel Evans / Teehay Van Garderen 2 2.08%
Ryder Hesjedal 1 1.04%
Alejandro Valverde / Juan Jose Cobo 1 1.04%
Other (specify) 1 1.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #421  
Old 11-21-12, 17:00
airstream airstream is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Minsk
Posts: 4,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriuscat View Post
So the previous year when Contador won the toughest Giro in years then placed 5th (couple of minutes back) in a tough hilly tour, where does that stack up against Froomes second on a relatively easy Tour and 10 minute+ loss in the Vuelta???

Just thinking on relative strengths.......
It is not about relative strength because Froome can not be compared to Contador by palmares. But if Froome wins the Tour it won't be surprise for anyone. For anyone but you and Hitch, if you like


gazelle lol. that was your best post, Hitch. I laughed my heart out

Last edited by airstream; 11-21-12 at 17:05.
Reply With Quote
  #422  
Old 11-21-12, 17:13
Siriuscat's Avatar
Siriuscat Siriuscat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: North East Scotland
Posts: 736
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
It is not about relative strength because Froome can not be compared to Contador by palmares. But if Froome wins the Tour it won't be surprise for anyone. For anyone but you and Hitch, if you like


gazelle lol. that was your best post, Hitch. I laughed my heart out
We're not comparing palmares....we're comparing the relative strengths of an on form Contador and an on form Froome, and that's ALL about relative strength and recovery!

Funnily enough ..... we're not comparing Andy in this equation!!

It would not be a big surprise if he won, but we'd have a thread as long as your arm in the Clinic, the same as Wiggins if he does.
__________________
I'm in shape...Round is a shape
Unashamed Contador Fanboy

www.justcycling.myfastforum.org
Reply With Quote
  #423  
Old 11-21-12, 17:18
airstream airstream is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Minsk
Posts: 4,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriuscat View Post
We're not comparing palmares....we're comparing the relative strengths of an on form Contador and an on form Froome, and that's ALL about relative strength and recovery!

Funnily enough ..... we're not comparing Andy in this equation!!

It would not be a big surprise if he won, but we'd have a thread as long as your arm in the Clinic, the same as Wiggins if he does.
2011 and 2012 is only your hypertrophied comparison which doesn't give any direct answers. However you can't be convinced in the opposite. Relative strength will be clear only after the Tour no matter how it can enrage you or make laugh.

By the way why didn't you mention about the Olympics and the shortest even break between Tour and Vuelta? Amnesia or it just doesn't suit your scheme?
Reply With Quote
  #424  
Old 11-21-12, 17:32
The Hitch's Avatar
The Hitch The Hitch is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London.
Posts: 22,586
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineteq View Post
Now you have selective memory? remember Menchov, Sanchez? For the record, I didn't ridicule anyone re: Contador. In fact, he was a worthy winner. If I've ever ridiculed anyone it has to be you.
In the vuelta who will.win thead you were pretty vocal about how contador.coming back from suspension had no chance and anyone who thought otherwise was an idiot.
__________________
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013 (still undefeated). Currently 2nd all time cq rankings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre 2009 wiggins
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Reply With Quote
  #425  
Old 11-21-12, 17:47
cineteq's Avatar
cineteq cineteq is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 6,375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
In the vuelta who will.win thead you were pretty vocal about how contador.coming back from suspension had no chance and anyone who thought otherwise was an idiot.
As far as I know, the only person who calls others idiot is you...oh yeah, and Ryo too.

I stated that Contador's lack of race legs would hurt him, and I also said do not expect the Contador of 2011 Giro. And I called it right, as he almost lost the Vuelta. Oh wait...I told you so, is it starting to sound familiar?
__________________
Quote:
Ban team radios!
Reply With Quote
  #426  
Old 11-21-12, 18:06
Parrulo's Avatar
Parrulo Parrulo is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9,882
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineteq View Post
As far as I know, the only person who calls others idiot is you...oh yeah, and Ryo too.

I stated that Contador's lack of race legs would hurt him, and I also said do not expect the Contador of 2011 Giro. And I called it right, as he almost lost the Vuelta. Oh wait...I told you so, is it starting to sound familiar?
wait so if you said back then that the lack of racing would hurt him, why do you now say he was in top form? consistency much?
Reply With Quote
  #427  
Old 11-21-12, 18:11
Siriuscat's Avatar
Siriuscat Siriuscat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: North East Scotland
Posts: 736
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
2011 and 2012 is only your hypertrophied comparison which doesn't give any direct answers. However you can't be convinced in the opposite. Relative strength will be clear only after the Tour no matter how it can enrage you or make laugh.

By the way why didn't you mention about the Olympics and the shortest even break between Tour and Vuelta? Amnesia or it just doesn't suit your scheme?
....or the short break between Tour and Giro in 2011..etc etc etc.

I'm set in my ways?? maybe but over the last 30 years of watching bike racing i've garnered fairly good grasp of the relative merits of riders. Froome is good whether he will be the GT rider Contador has already proven to be is another matter.

You on the other hand refuse resolutely to recognise the abilities of Contador and the fact the he is the best GT rider of the era. That is fact borne out by his palmares.

Will Froome win GT's?? I'd expect so but it would depend on the relative form of his competitors not his abilities in my mind, I'll be happy to be disproved.
__________________
I'm in shape...Round is a shape
Unashamed Contador Fanboy

www.justcycling.myfastforum.org
Reply With Quote
  #428  
Old 11-21-12, 18:12
cineteq's Avatar
cineteq cineteq is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 6,375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
wait so if you said back then that the lack of racing would hurt him, why do you now say he was in top form? consistency much?
The way he ended La Vuelta is the current Contador, that's his top form. The one we're going to see next year.
__________________
Quote:
Ban team radios!
Reply With Quote
  #429  
Old 11-21-12, 18:28
airstream airstream is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Minsk
Posts: 4,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriuscat View Post

You on the other hand refuse resolutely to recognise the abilities of Contador and the fact the he is the best GT rider of the era. That is fact borne out by his palmares.
No, absolutely not. I never argued with that. People just vote for Froome too because he showed enormous potential without having possibility to show himself fully while being in top form.
Reply With Quote
  #430  
Old 11-21-12, 19:04
LaFlorecita's Avatar
LaFlorecita LaFlorecita is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 15,257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineteq View Post
The way he ended La Vuelta is the current Contador, that's his top form. The one we're going to see next year.
And what was Tour 2009? And Giro 2011? Wait I already know your explanation, it doesn't belong in this sub forum.
__________________
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 14:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.