Le Tour de France 2013: who will win? - Page 43 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2013 Tour
Alberto Contador 61 63.54%
Cristopher Froome 25 26.04%
Andy Schleck 6 6.25%
Vincenzo Nibali 2 2.08%
Cadel Evans / Teehay Van Garderen 2 2.08%
Ryder Hesjedal 1 1.04%
Alejandro Valverde / Juan Jose Cobo 1 1.04%
Other (specify) 1 1.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-12, 17:00
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriuscat View Post
So the previous year when Contador won the toughest Giro in years then placed 5th (couple of minutes back) in a tough hilly tour, where does that stack up against Froomes second on a relatively easy Tour and 10 minute+ loss in the Vuelta???

Just thinking on relative strengths.......
It is not about relative strength because Froome can not be compared to Contador by palmares. But if Froome wins the Tour it won't be surprise for anyone. For anyone but you and Hitch, if you like

gazelle lol. that was your best post, Hitch. I laughed my heart out

Last edited by airstream; 11-21-12 at 17:05.
Old 11-21-12, 17:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
It is not about relative strength because Froome can not be compared to Contador by palmares. But if Froome wins the Tour it won't be surprise for anyone. For anyone but you and Hitch, if you like

gazelle lol. that was your best post, Hitch. I laughed my heart out
We're not comparing palmares....we're comparing the relative strengths of an on form Contador and an on form Froome, and that's ALL about relative strength and recovery!

Funnily enough ..... we're not comparing Andy in this equation!!

It would not be a big surprise if he won, but we'd have a thread as long as your arm in the Clinic, the same as Wiggins if he does.

www.justcycling.myfastforum.org
Old 11-21-12, 17:18
Banned

Quote:
We're not comparing palmares....we're comparing the relative strengths of an on form Contador and an on form Froome, and that's ALL about relative strength and recovery!

Funnily enough ..... we're not comparing Andy in this equation!!

It would not be a big surprise if he won, but we'd have a thread as long as your arm in the Clinic, the same as Wiggins if he does.
2011 and 2012 is only your hypertrophied comparison which doesn't give any direct answers. However you can't be convinced in the opposite. Relative strength will be clear only after the Tour no matter how it can enrage you or make laugh.

By the way why didn't you mention about the Olympics and the shortest even break between Tour and Vuelta? Amnesia or it just doesn't suit your scheme?
Old 11-21-12, 17:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineteq View Post
Now you have selective memory? remember Menchov, Sanchez? For the record, I didn't ridicule anyone re: Contador. In fact, he was a worthy winner. If I've ever ridiculed anyone it has to be you.
In the vuelta who will.win thead you were pretty vocal about how contador.coming back from suspension had no chance and anyone who thought otherwise was an idiot.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 11-21-12, 17:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
In the vuelta who will.win thead you were pretty vocal about how contador.coming back from suspension had no chance and anyone who thought otherwise was an idiot.
As far as I know, the only person who calls others idiot is you...oh yeah, and Ryo too.

I stated that Contador's lack of race legs would hurt him, and I also said do not expect the Contador of 2011 Giro. And I called it right, as he almost lost the Vuelta. Oh wait...I told you so, is it starting to sound familiar?
Old 11-21-12, 18:06
Administrator

Quote:
As far as I know, the only person who calls others idiot is you...oh yeah, and Ryo too.

I stated that Contador's lack of race legs would hurt him, and I also said do not expect the Contador of 2011 Giro. And I called it right, as he almost lost the Vuelta. Oh wait...I told you so, is it starting to sound familiar?
wait so if you said back then that the lack of racing would hurt him, why do you now say he was in top form? consistency much?
Old 11-21-12, 18:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
2011 and 2012 is only your hypertrophied comparison which doesn't give any direct answers. However you can't be convinced in the opposite. Relative strength will be clear only after the Tour no matter how it can enrage you or make laugh.

By the way why didn't you mention about the Olympics and the shortest even break between Tour and Vuelta? Amnesia or it just doesn't suit your scheme?
....or the short break between Tour and Giro in 2011..etc etc etc.

I'm set in my ways?? maybe but over the last 30 years of watching bike racing i've garnered fairly good grasp of the relative merits of riders. Froome is good whether he will be the GT rider Contador has already proven to be is another matter.

You on the other hand refuse resolutely to recognise the abilities of Contador and the fact the he is the best GT rider of the era. That is fact borne out by his palmares.

Will Froome win GT's?? I'd expect so but it would depend on the relative form of his competitors not his abilities in my mind, I'll be happy to be disproved.

www.justcycling.myfastforum.org
Old 11-21-12, 18:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
wait so if you said back then that the lack of racing would hurt him, why do you now say he was in top form? consistency much?
The way he ended La Vuelta is the current Contador, that's his top form. The one we're going to see next year.
Old 11-21-12, 18:28
Banned

Quote:

You on the other hand refuse resolutely to recognise the abilities of Contador and the fact the he is the best GT rider of the era. That is fact borne out by his palmares.
No, absolutely not. I never argued with that. People just vote for Froome too because he showed enormous potential without having possibility to show himself fully while being in top form.
Old 11-21-12, 19:04

Quote:
The way he ended La Vuelta is the current Contador, that's his top form. The one we're going to see next year.
And what was Tour 2009? And Giro 2011? Wait I already know your explanation, it doesn't belong in this sub forum.