Who will win 2013 GIRO? - Page 41 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Who will win 2013 GIRO?
Nibali 90 32.03%
Rodriguez 29 10.32%
Hesjedal 16 5.69%
Basso 9 3.20%
Wiggins 106 37.72%
Scarponi 2 0.71%
Others 29 10.32%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-12, 09:53
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed and Confused View Post
More TT'ers:
Radioshack could send one of the pensioners, but its doubtful. BMC could split the Van Garderen - Evans force, but mountain support looks weak on the team, so don't think they can risk avoiding using both in France.
radiosack will very likely send machado this year which is a tt oriented guy, but ofc he will do what he does on every GT. . . by stage 5 he will be injured and 30 minutes back due to crashes :Facepalm:

Last edited by Parrulo; 11-29-12 at 09:55.
Old 11-29-12, 10:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshnar View Post
was there anyone believing he was almost gonna win, before the start? I remember people were quite surprised to see him so consistent in the high mountains. Just an impression.

Let's hope he doesn't crash before
Not me. I just thought Basso, Scarponi (and Rujano ) would be a bit stronger. Scarponi was probably less doped up than before, so that explains that.

Last edited by 18-Valve. (pithy); 11-29-12 at 10:54.
Old 11-29-12, 11:08

Wiggins ok. Evans? Van Garderen? Talansky? (80% probabilities they wont ride) We only find non solid options: Menchov (His time has gone) Klöden (the same) Brajkovic, Porte (Domestiques) Peraud (Will he come?) Peter Velits (Loves the TDF, so is not probably to see Peter in Italy. And if he would come who knows if he will be able to do the GC) Kelderman (more a desire than a reality) Westra and Cam Meyer (nothing demonstrated yet in the GC of a GT) Pinotti (...) A shame. Would be nice to see a GC battle between climbers and TT'ers. The climbers would be obliged to make the most in the mountain stages.

Last edited by Jason_Mercier; 11-29-12 at 11:35.
Old 11-29-12, 11:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed and Confused View Post
More TT'ers:
Radioshack could send one of the pensioners, but its doubtful. BMC could split the Van Garderen - Evans force, but mountain support looks weak on the team, so don't think they can risk avoiding using both in France.
BMC will just look for stage wins like this year. Evans and Van Garderen won't ride the Giro. One could be in his last Tour and one is on the improve after a great ride this year.
Old 11-29-12, 11:32

Maxime Monfort. But i cant see him fighting for a Top10. Conclussions: We'll only have climbers except Wiggins. And that's not good. But we'll have "offensive" guys like Nibali or Samuel. So i expect the race wont be too boring. Acquarone has the win key. If he invites Coldeportes all approachs will change.

Last edited by Jason_Mercier; 11-29-12 at 11:38.
Old 11-29-12, 11:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Mercier View Post
Maxime Monfort. But i cant see him fighting for a Top10. Conclussions: We'll only have climbers except Wiggins. And that's not good. But we'll have "offensive" guys like Nibali or Samuel. So i expect the race wont be too boring. Acquarone has the win key. If he invites Coldeportes all approachs will change.
Gesink will (maybe) ride. He's a time trialist

I don't think inviting Coldeportes will change much, at least for GC.
Old 11-29-12, 11:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
radiosack will very likely send machado this year which is a tt oriented guy, but ofc he will do what he does on every GT. . . by stage 5 he will be injured and 30 minutes back due to crashes :Facepalm:
Machado would fit nicely at the Giro.
Old 11-29-12, 11:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Mercier View Post

Conclussios: We'll only have climbers except Wiggins. And that's not good.
It's ****ing great, actually. I'm already looking forward to it.
Old 11-29-12, 11:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
Gesink will (maybe) ride. He's a time trialist
Assuming the team haven't found a new sponsor before the Giro, Gesink should really have a go in Italy.
Old 11-29-12, 12:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18-Valve. (pithy) View Post
It's ****ing great, actually. I'm already looking forward to it.
The climbers versus TT'ers battle is highly underestimated if the parcours offers the right terrain as it does in next years Giro.