UCI World Tour Teams for 2013 - Page 2 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 10-29-12, 21:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telmisartan new View Post
I think/hope Argos-Shimano get the nod,Degenkolb and Kittel have shown they are both future stars,the more we see of them the better,i even like Kittel's chat,he is prepared to say what needs said.Saxo must be in also,no brainer for obvious reasons.
yeah we really need more sprinters
Old 10-29-12, 21:07
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
yeah we really need more sprinters
I just like seeing exciting young talent,matters not whether its Kittel or Quintana, Degenkolb or Pinot, Demare or Henao, Moser or Guardini. I like all of the aforementioned Ryo.They are all bringing something to the table.
Old 10-29-12, 21:26

Quote:
I just like seeing exciting young talent,matters not whether its Kittel or Quintana, Degenkolb or Pinot, Demare or Henao, Moser or Guardini. I like all of the aforementioned Ryo.They are all bringing something to the table.
IMHO Alberto brings to the table a bit more than Deg and Kittel together
Vamos Colombia !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
I am a fan of Afrank's hyping posts!
Excuse me for my English
Old 10-29-12, 21:28

Quote:
Interesting,Saxo in a spot then, they'll still be at the GT's anyway but it will defo be a big blow to Riis if they miss out.
The mistakes Saxo has made. Main reason: not able to define the objectives since the beginning of the year.
http://biciciclismo.com/cas/site/not...a.asp?id=56791

Last edited by cineteq; 10-29-12 at 21:42.
Old 10-29-12, 21:45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovecycling View Post
IMHO Alberto brings to the table a bit more than Deg and Kittel together
Your preaching to the converted.A cursory glance through my posts would tell you how much i admire AC.
Old 10-29-12, 21:50
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineteq View Post
The mistakes Saxo has made. Main reason: not able to define the objectives since the beginning of the year.
http://biciciclismo.com/cas/site/not...a.asp?id=56791
Yeah,very interesting indeed,even if they had AC's points they would still have been lagging behind Argos,add in the ethical consideration (AC,Riis,Kreuziger) and it doesnt look good.I have favourited biciciclismo,looks like a good source of info Cineteq,thanks.
Old 10-29-12, 23:14
Administrator

Hope that Saxo and Argos get a licence, they both deserve to be in the world tour IMHO. Would be a shame to see Contador not in the WT and Argos I think have progressed far enough that they can be competitive in the WT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School View Post
Speaking of Argos....can Kittel and Degenkolb co-exist? I really can't say who is the better of the two. Kittel seems more like a pure sprinter, Dek seems to be more of an overall sprinter (hilly, non-train type sprints)...I hope we see them co-exist....but who do you bring to the Tour de France? Dek seems to be able to compete in a green jersey competition...Kittel seems to be able to win a flat out sprint...

I dunno.
I think they could find a way to work together. For a race like the Tour I think it would be a good idea to send both, then they could work for Kittel on the flat sprints, and work for Degenkolb on the more hilly sprints or work for him if Kittel doesn't feel good (like this year).

Degenkolb being better on more hilly terrain then Kittel also works in Argos favor, it won't be a Cav/Greipel situation where both of them are only pure flat sprinters. More like a 2011 Hushovd/Farrar in the Tour situation where they can both get wins on different terrains.
Old 10-29-12, 23:15

I would like to see this categorizing of teams (pro-tour, continental, etc) by the UCI end (the way it used to be a few decades ago).
Let the various race organizers decide which teams to invite. The UCI should only be responsible for rules (with buy-in from national organizations, race organizers, teams, and riders and for awarding world championships.
Old 10-29-12, 23:43

I don't think UCI could get away with not giving Saxo a license. It would be way to much of a f*** you to someone like Riis who has probably a bit of pull in the sport. Also, Saxo has more depth now than Argos, who has 3-4 good riders. FDJ better get in as well, especially with their dedication to anti-doping. Plus they are French, thats got to help. Argos bring nothing to the World Tour. Saxo will bring some decent excitement though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine Seguros View Post
Colombia is a world of totally alien wonder, a bit like putting the Amish in the control room at NASA.
Old 10-29-12, 23:46

Even if I would like to see Ludvigsson in bigger races I can't see Argos add anything to WT except for two sprinters which will grant them access to enough races already.