Best young riders for 2013? - Page 7 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 11-09-12, 12:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zam_Olyas View Post
Bongiorno - I have been trying to find out for awhile and have not find any info about him siigning for a new team yet.
Bongiorno to Colnago
Old 11-19-12, 20:06

Dombrowski and Aru will do some things like Pinot and Quintana this year. Obviously not a Top10 in the TDF with a stage victory or show the climb level of Valverde and Purito but yes important things. I expect Dombrowski will be the third best climber of Sky until finish 2013. Not mentioned Andrea Palini and Danny Van Poppel.
Old 11-19-12, 20:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Mercier View Post
Dombrowski and Aru will do some things like Pinot and Quintana this year. Obviously not a Top10 in the TDF with a stage victory or show the climb level of Valverde and Purito but yes important things. I expect Dombrowski will be the third best climber of Sky until finish 2013. Not mentioned Andrea Palini and Danny Van Poppel.
Does that mean you think Dombrowski will climb better than two of Wiggins, Froome, Henao and Uran next year?
Old 11-19-12, 20:16

Lasse Norman Hansen in the U23.
Old 11-19-12, 20:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maaaaaaaarten View Post
Does that mean you think Dombrowski will climb better than two of Wiggins, Froome, Henao and Uran next year?
Yes it mean that. Indeed in my opinion Joseph Dombrowski is at the climbing level of Pinot and Quintana.
Old 11-19-12, 20:39
Administrator

Quote:
1. Froome
2. Henao
3. Uran
4. Dombro
5. Wiggo

And in a couple years
1. Dombro
2. Henao
3. Uran
4. Froome
10. Wiggo

Dombrowski will ride away from Wiggins in the mountains and when Wiggins cries up the road for him to come back he will say "I don't think so Wiggo!" and up the pace even more!

Ok, I might be trolling a little with that . But I like Dombrowski, he'll be a big talent in the future. And his attack at the Giro Bio was one of the best I've seen this year.
Old 11-19-12, 20:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
1. Froome
2. Henao
3. Uran
4. Dombro
5. Wiggo

And in a couple years
1. Dombro
2. Henao
3. Uran
4. Froome
10. Wiggo

Dombrowski will ride away from Wiggins in the mountains and when Wiggins cries up the road for him to come back he will say "I don't think so Wiggo!" and up the pace even more!

Ok, I might be trolling a little with that . But I like Dombrowski, he'll be a big talent in the future. And his attack at the Giro Bio was one of the best I've seen this year.
His win in the Giro Bio is one of the most impressive of the last years. Face to face with Aru, his performance really shocked me. Specially in Terminillo. I think nobody expected Joseph would beat Aru in that way, in Italy. An amazing climb to Mount Baldy in California, at Nibali level in the queen stage of Colorado, one of the strongests in Utah. All races he rode this year were succesful for him. He's 20 years, it's unbelievable. Its the best american prpmising rider of the decade.

Last edited by Jason_Mercier; 11-19-12 at 21:01.
Old 11-19-12, 21:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Mercier View Post
His win in the Giro Bio is one of the most impressive of the last years. Face to face with Aru, his performance really shocked me. Specially in Terminillo. I think nobody expected Joseph would beat Aru in that way, in Italy. An amazing climb to Mount Baldy in California, at Nibali level in the queen stage of Colorado, one of the strongests in Utah. All races he rode this year were succesful for him. He's 20 years, it's unbelievable. Its the best american prpmising rider of the decade.
He's definitely more promising than Van Garderen, who'll never be a great climber, one of the worst climbers to top 5 in the Tour. Dombrowski will have a year to build some endurance, and maybe even do a GT. In 2014 he can really start kicking *** imo. Now he could have a season like Gesink had in 2008, they're very similarly talented at the same age. I just hope bad luck doesn't affect 2 whole years of Dombro's career as well.
Old 11-19-12, 21:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentacycle View Post
He's definitely more promising than Van Garderen, who'll never be a great climber, one of the worst climbers to top 5 in the Tour. Dombrowski will have a year to build some endurance, and maybe even do a GT. In 2014 he can really start kicking *** imo. Now he could have a season like Gesink had in 2008, they're very similarly talented at the same age. I just hope bad luck doesn't affect 2 whole years of Dombro's career as well.
I dont agree. We saw his climbing abilities in CdF and Peyresourde (Evans stopped him in La Toussuire, when probably he had legs to stay with the chasing group) Of course he showed a climbing level in the TdF that he never has showed previously. Maybe only in Alpe D'Huez (Dauphine 2010) and in Malhao. But i think he has the talent as a complete climber.
Old 11-19-12, 21:40

Quote:
I think he will. Sky will go back to "normal-mode", i.e the climbing hierarchy will be: 1. Henao 2. Uran 3. Dombrowski 4.EBH...28. Froome.