Lets support riders in a dope free culture! - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 11-07-12, 16:23

Wink Lets support riders in a dope free culture!

I think we should collect a massive fans vote to press organizers to put together "reasonable" challenges on routes, not pushing riders for cheating ! For example total Km's and mountain finishes should be down to earth NOT pushing competitors to hell ! How can we organize this mass support ?
Old 11-07-12, 16:33
Banned

please...: GO AWAY AND NEVER COME BACK. if I said right now what I felt I'd be banned again. I can only triple facepalm at you.
Old 11-07-12, 16:37

Riders will dope regardless of how hard or easy, long or short the route is (look at the doping going on in crits, for example). The routes were a lot tougher before the days of scientific doping, with 300 km stages not being uncommon, and the riders managed without EPO or transfusions. What you propose would ruin cycling.
Old 11-07-12, 16:41
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrotha View Post
Riders will dope regardless of how hard or easy, long or short the route is (look at the doping going on in crits, for example). The routes were a lot tougher before the days of scientific doping, with 300 km stages not being uncommon, and the riders managed without EPO or transfusions. What you propose would ruin cycling.
thank you for putting into nice words what I felt. still can't get by complete ignorance of people that can't think of that themselves
Old 11-07-12, 16:42

Quote:
What you propose would ruin cycling.
Doping (and the omertÃ* culture) ruins cycling, not shorter races.

Making races more "human" is only a small part of the solution. Even more important then shorter stages are shorter transfers.
Old 11-07-12, 16:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bye Bye Bicycle View Post
Doping (and the omertà culture) ruins cycling, not shorter races.

Making races more "human" is only a small part of the solution. Even more important then shorter stages are shorter transfers.
The whole point is that doping and races being longer have nothing to do with each other. The races are perfectly human. Any trained person could do them - just not as fast.
Old 11-07-12, 16:46
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bye Bye Bicycle View Post
Doping (and the omertà culture) ruins cycling, not shorter races.

not really. since 1998 cycling has increased populairity more then ever before. because some idiots in the clinic think otherwise means **** after balco scandal hit mlb, revenue more then doubled. most people don't care. they want entertainment and rightfully so.

and your idea of shorter tranfers is even more stupid as by your logic means more time for transfusions.
Old 11-07-12, 17:17

Wow, you're the first one I've seen being triple facepalmed by Ryo on your first post!
Old 11-07-12, 17:43
Administrator

Quote:
indeed, any1 that think like OP must have never ridden a bike in his life. the idea that riders dope to finish races is beyond idiotic, they dope to finish them first otherwise there would be o doping o 100m races as even my 78 year old grandfather could run them, so that's as human as it get's.

also this thread belongs in the clinic so i am moving it there

Last edited by Parrulo; 11-07-12 at 17:45.
Old 11-07-12, 17:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
indeed, any1 that think like OP must have never ridden a bike in his life. the idea that riders dope to finish races is beyond idiotic, they dope to finish them first otherwise there would be o doping o 100m races as even my 78 year old grandfather could run them, so that's as human as it get's.

also this thread belongs in the clinic so i am moving it there
Is there any need to be condescending with a first-time poster? Or the fact that he never has ridden a bike (according to you) an issue?