Wiggins knocked off bike, broken ribs suspected. - Page 10 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 11-09-12, 17:01

He said he was happy he now earns a footballer's wage. The footballer's treatment comes with it.

Although I don't particularly like the gesture, I can't be bothered by it.
Old 11-09-12, 18:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by HL2037 View Post
It's not exactly the sort of thing that improves the relationship between cyclists and motorists in traffic. Wiggins had a golden opportunity to get the road safety message out, but no, instead flips the finger into a camera. Way to promote cycling!
And there is a good chance to he will - like he did this summer. But let the guy get home first

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...d-8000839.html
Old 11-09-12, 18:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamski101 View Post
and of course all of these people making these comments have met Mr & Mrs Wiggins and are totally able to form an unbiased opinion of their personalities and charachters.

utter crap.

Quote:
“I say they’re just ****ing ****ers,” Wiggins said. “I cannot be doing with people like that. It justifies their own bone idleness because they can’t imagine applying themselves to do anything in their lives.
“It’s easy for them to sit under a pseudonym on Twitter and write that sort of ****,” Wiggins added, “rather than get off their own arses in their own lives and apply themselves and work hard at something and achieve something. And that’s ultimately what counts. C**ts.”
And with that, he tossed the microphone on the table and got up and left.
and this..

Quote:
Wiggins has vacillated between calm moments and outbursts this year. He’s normally composed before the press, but he can be set off with the slightest provocation, at which point he turns particularly snarly.
At the Tour of Romandie, he departed a press conference with the shot, “Come back tomorrow with some better questions,” and already at the Tour he had some choice words (including that certain curse word again) for a cameraman who nearly collided with him, intentionally shoving the camera off the man’s shoulder even as he’d come to a near-complete stop and was not actually in danger.
http://bicycling.com/blogs/boulderre...ake-spotlight/

One's actions and behaviour are how people form opinions. Or do you expect Bradley to invite the whole world for tea and biscuits and then we can really get to know him....I would say your comment is utter crap.
Old 11-09-12, 19:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycle Chic View Post
and this..

http://bicycling.com/blogs/boulderre...ake-spotlight/

One's actions and behavior are how people form opinions. Or do you expect Bradley to invite the whole world for tea and biscuits and then we can really get to know him....I would say your comment is utter crap.
Have you often met any so-called journalists willing to "admit to their provocative actions and behavior"? just a few experiences watching how most operate at the end of a race or stage is enough to fantasize keeping them leashed and muzzled in some back-lot dog pen. I do not support Wiggins' reactions but I surely understand them

Last edited by Dedelou; 11-09-12 at 19:08.
Old 11-09-12, 19:37
Administrator

Wiggins apologizes for the finger gesture, a smart and good move.

Quote:
“I would like to apologise for the gesture that I made when I arrived home yesterday afternoon,” he said via a team communication today. “I was tired, in a lot of pain, and just wanted to get inside, but I shouldn’t have reacted the way I did. I’m sorry for that.”
His injuries also appear to be a bit more serious than originally thought.

Quote:
Further tests have shown that he has a fractured rib, a bruised lung and that one of his fingers are dislocated.
http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/13...d-gesture.aspx

Last edited by Afrank; 11-09-12 at 19:39.
Old 11-09-12, 19:43

Typical over reaction from Daily Mail types. All he did was make a rude gesture to some scumbag paps. Big deal. He's not the Pope, just a famous cyclist who happens to have a bit of rock 'n' roll attitude about him. Get over it and concentrate on something more important. I've never seen McQuaid or Verbruggen do such terrible gestures - must mean they are OK?
Old 11-09-12, 19:45
Banned

Bradley Wiggins
"I’d like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their kind thoughts and messages over the last 48 hours, and of course all the staff at the Royal Preston Hospital who looked after me so well.

Although I’m still a little bit sore I will now be spending time at home with my family and concentrating on making a full recovery.

I would also like to apologise for the gesture that I made when I arrived home yesterday afternoon. I was tired, in a lot of pain, and just wanted to get inside, but I shouldn’t have reacted the way I did. I’m sorry for that.

I’m looking forward to getting back on the bike soon and continuing my preparations for the 2013 season."

Taken from his facebook page.
Old 11-09-12, 20:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackCynic View Post
Typical over reaction from Daily Mail types. All he did was make a rude gesture to some scumbag paps. Big deal. He's not the Pope, just a famous cyclist who happens to have a bit of rock 'n' roll attitude about him. Get over it and concentrate on something more important. I've never seen McQuaid or Verbruggen do such terrible gestures - must mean they are OK?
I guess it was a big deal - he apologized.
Old 11-09-12, 22:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by HL2037 View Post
It's not exactly the sort of thing that improves the relationship between cyclists and motorists in traffic. Wiggins had a golden opportunity to get the road safety message out, but no, instead flips the finger into a camera. Way to promote cycling!
The best comment. The golden opportunity goes out. Just a statement of apology, perhaps forced by the team.
Old 11-09-12, 22:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avoriaz View Post
And there is a good chance to he will - like he did this summer. But let the guy get home first

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...d-8000839.html
A picture says more than a thousand words.