Wiggins knocked off bike, broken ribs suspected. - Page 8 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 11-09-12, 13:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
How would you feel, returning from the hospital, high on painkillers, with an army of journalists around your car.

If you wished him well before, and now that he's shown the finger to some journalists you don't, that's not a very enduring fandom

I think it shows a great deal of immaturity. He is the current tour champion and a public figure. He is a story. Journalists are going to cover it. If the journalists got too close then that is the fault of the hospital not the reporters.

It takes very little effort not to raise the finger. Now the story is not that he has broken ribs but that he's a jerk.
Old 11-09-12, 13:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildspokeJoe View Post
I think it shows a great deal of immaturity. He is the current tour champion and a public figure. He is a story. Journalists are going to cover it. If the journalists got too close then that is the fault of the hospital not the reporters.

It takes very little effort not to raise the finger. Now the story is not that he has broken ribs but that he's a jerk.
You have got to be kidding.

Journalists do not point cameras into people's cars. Scumbag paparazzi hoping to make money from someone else's misery point cameras into people's cars.
Old 11-09-12, 13:14

Quote:

Of course, but this is a guy who clearly isn't used to being in the public eye, nor does he like it. The problem will solve itself, if he goes on like this
Old 11-09-12, 13:33

Quote:

I would agree with this tbh.

The Sky PR joke continues tbh.
Old 11-09-12, 13:35

Default Fall from Grace

Quote:
The wife seems a right charmer, to keep away from, her husband was on a bike probably almost invisible to all motorist probably up his own backside at the time and full of 'they can get out of my way' attitude, finger just about sums up this 'hero'
- weesox , dunbartonshire, 09/11/2012 12:59

Arrogant and rude Mr Wiggins..the one finger jesture sums you up...
- flyboy , earth, United Kingdom, 09/11/2012 12:58

Love the "look at me " UJ wing mirrors - "I'm married to someone famous" !
- johndee , Bugibba, 09/11/2012 12:45......Do you mean "UK wing mirrors"? If so, you'll find they are simply Union Flag covers that many of us attach to the wing mirrors...not just those married to famous people.
- Deadly Earnest , Manchester, United Kingdom, 09/11/2012 12:57

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2BjPsfiMX
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
And...

Quote:
What a lovely lady his wife appears to be?!!!! Sounds like a Rottweiler. His gesture was completely inappropriate and he should apologise
- Blue , UK, United Kingdom, 09/11/2012 12:55

arrogant little trash, both of them. just goes to show that some people can't handle any type of "fame" without it going to their heads.
- zzoo , usa, 09/11/2012 12:53

Mr & Mrs Wiggins are a couple of arrogant , rude chavs , no dignity.
- Suzie , Leeds, 09/11/2012 12:51

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2BjSI9ETI
Amusing comments.

Last edited by Cycle Chic; 11-09-12 at 13:36. Reason: spacing
Old 11-09-12, 13:37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiephillips View Post
Wiggins is like the Liam Gallagher of cycling.
There both actually very good friends :P Go figure lol.
Old 11-09-12, 13:50

^ Exactly
Old 11-09-12, 13:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycle Chic View Post
And...

Amusing comments.
and of course all of these people making these comments have met Mr & Mrs Wiggins and are totally able to form an unbiased opinion of their personalities and charachters. i'm guessing that is from the Daily Mail or the Scum.

utter crap.
Old 11-09-12, 14:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamski101 View Post
and of course all of these people making these comments have met Mr & Mrs Wiggins and are totally able to form an unbiased opinion of their personalities and charachters. i'm guessing that is from the Daily Mail or the Scum.

utter crap.
plus 1 - what a load of sanctimonious rubbish. He gave the finger to a pap. Get over it.
Old 11-09-12, 15:15
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zam_Olyas View Post
Dude, that is the dream but you shoud be prepared to be disappointed if you are a fan, i know i am..he almost made me go crazy at this year Giro.
Well even past his prime he could probably light up a race more than Wiggins . I don't expect him to do much in the way of GC though, just like Scarponi he appears to be past his prime. I just put a bunch of the big names up that could provide more entertainment then Wiggo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamski101 View Post

utter crap.
So your saying because we don't personally know the Wiggins we shouldn't be calling this a jerk move? I'm sure in private Wiggins is a perfectly nice guy but we're not talking about who he is in private. We're talking about how he acts in public and how those actions make him look. And flipping someone off, no matter who it is, does not reflect well on his public persona. Wiggins has never been in the pubic eye as much as he is right now, he's not use to it. And he probably doesn't get that there is a certain way you should act.