women are right! - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 11-15-12, 00:19

Default women are right!

No more non equal pay for non equal work! This is fantastic! what a money saver. From now on the the gals will just race w the guys. The TT times will be compared and the race schedule will be oh so short. Finally equality no more mens/women's just pro racers. pro means pro.

If women's racing is to exist it should have qualified fields. If you can't get 150 race ready women then the race is to be downgraded..the day of. or if you can't pre register a field of 150 qualified ladies the race should be cancelled.Stop.I have been to Greenville,Philly,ManBeach and a few others ,the product is not the same,not worth the price.

It's your fault USAC.you suck completely. Pull riders that are dropped or out of contention/anywhere close. make sure the fans know there are pro gals just not by your standard. It's not a fun!! ride it's a race. If they are slow pull them. if you have to humiliate them by just how slow they are going, or have the teams understand the product and pull riders who are going single digit speeds in a race do it. Lance hosed everything up but this is so 1990.

Women's racing should cost twice as much as mens racing. The USAC should pay a pool of qualified,FAST, ladies to race week in and week out not anticipating local talent or anything else. There are fast women,less than men. Pay them!! Let them travel. Any pro,1,2 women's races w 30 riders lets down everybody.Stop.Just stop. There are great women athletes out there,this 30 girl clutch is stupid.

If there are 100 great women racers..but the team they ride for can only bring them to an event or two,step up USAC..at a loss,and get the BEST riders to the next venue. The sport grows and people see real quality racing and athletes instead of local pack poop.

why in the world,outside political correctness would this be brought up?

Fill the camps w super hungry girl riders and this will happen,don't force it because of Lance and his bike racings is completely f-cked up stance. It's not.
Old 11-15-12, 09:36

agreed

I get so sick and tired about woman whining in their sports. I want to watch top sports and unless a woman can be in the male ranks it's not topsport. as men go hardest, fastest, strongest etc.

Last edited by Ryo Hazuki; 11-15-12 at 09:39.
Old 11-15-12, 09:52

Oh, here we go again...
Old 11-15-12, 09:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
agreed

I get so sick and tired about woman whining in their sports. I want to watch top sports and unless a woman can be in the male ranks it's not topsport. as men go hardest, fastest, strongest etc.
Based on this argument, racing in Colombia really sucks. Because the strongest riders in the world aren't there...
Old 11-15-12, 10:57

Quote:
agreed

I actually agree with you for the first time in my life.
second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
Old 11-15-12, 11:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
Based on this argument, racing in Colombia really sucks. Because the strongest riders in the world aren't there...
Well played, sir.
Old 11-15-12, 12:31

Well,i agree.. a woman named Susan is always right in this forum.
Old 11-15-12, 12:58

Quote:
At least the strongest riders in South America, which is a big continent (check Google maps).

I've told this here before, but I'll do it again for the benefit of cyclingnews.com. One of my mates occasionally cycled with the 2nd best Dutch woman cyclist (of 2-3 years ago). He is not a professional, not even an amateur, doesn't race, isn't member of any cycling club or whatever and only has time to ride once weekly. To be fair, I think he is quite talented (mainly because he is faster than me ), but despite all this, he was quicker than her over 80km most of the time. It means I can't take women cycling seriously. Part of the reason I watch cycling is the extraordinariness of it and watching women cycling isn't that: I could beat them myself if I took cycling slightly seriously.

Edit: to clarify, I have no problems at all with women cycling, if there is a market for it, go ahead. I don't think there is though, because of aforementioned reasons. At the very least, there is no (and there never will be) equality in performance, so it's unreasonable to ask for equality in payment, TV time or whatever, and I am against equalizing things like this artificially.

Last edited by Arnout; 11-15-12 at 13:01.
Old 11-15-12, 13:07

Quote:
the strongest climbers in the world are there and that's what most racing is. climbing. besides the level difference between woman and man cycling is so pathetic. they even sprint sitting down any colombian pro male rider is better than the best woman in the world.

I'm sure if I trained hard I'd be better to. I'm an mma fighter myself and amateur one, although I fought in the ring for money. I trained and fought with woman that were european champions and world champions kickboxing. one of them is now in strike force as a pro mma fighter. I was so much better than her that during training she (and my trainer) forbid me to hit her in the face or kick her anywhere, while she was allowed to do anything to me. even then she was no match as I would bring her to the ground. female sports are laughable at best, save equestrian, which I don't even call a sport, unless you want to hang a medla on the horses neck and autoracing.

Last edited by Ryo Hazuki; 11-15-12 at 13:10.
Old 11-15-12, 13:17

Quote:
the strongest climbers in the world are there and that's what most racing is. climbing. besides the level difference between woman and man cycling is so pathetic. they even sprint sitting down any colombian pro male rider is better than the best woman in the world.

I'm sure if I trained hard I'd be better to.
Didn't Marianne Vos ride up the final climb of the Cauberg at the Worlds in the same time as Philippe Gilbert? Good luck with that.

It's such a moronic discussion really. "I only want to watch men's cycling because men are stronger than women". Who the f.ck cares, as long as there is a level playing field? I'd choose the Giro Donne anytime over 90% of men's races.