women are right! - Page 16 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 11-19-12, 10:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
It shouldn't be surprising that some fans of a sport dominated by white, Caucasian men hold views such as the one above. Just by displaying an interest in women's racing you're considered a "feminist" in the eyes of these people.
Not at all, but there does seems to be a correlation. As others have noted, it certainly LOOKS like it's a human rights issue for many here. Just based on their arguments. I'm not white or "Caucasian," by the way. I'm happy the sport is diversifying somewhat on the highest level. It's a ridiculous assertion anyway, that white dominance has anything to do with a global preference for men's sports, exceptions notwithstanding.

I acknowledged that some fans aren't like the majority (3 posts above). Sure, some would like to watch it all, including U23, including women's cycling, etc., but there are reasons to believe that it will be tough to commercialize it. U23 as well. The sport is probably too small for that.
Old 11-19-12, 12:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zam_Olyas View Post
I am actually surprised that RyoSan even have a gf.
you'd be surprised

although the real ryo hazuki would never hook up with a chick :P