Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 11-15-12, 16:20
Pentacycle's Avatar
Pentacycle Pentacycle is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wageningen, Netherlands
Posts: 1,866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
then those tests are a joke, since most male ct riders are better than vos
Those tests don't reveal endurance, tactical sense and behaviour in races, you know what particular male Dutchman has impressive lab results too(probably been mentionted by Dekker_T before) and he doesn't add up GT victories, with all the crashes and not being able to take the pressure.

In a pure mountain TT Vos could get a top 20 among the men, I guess that's within her possibilities.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 11-15-12, 16:25
theyoungest theyoungest is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 11,751
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jens_attacks View Post
but c'mon....eyes don't lie...did you really think she went as fast as phil???
Not really, although I remember having read that somewhere on this forum. It probably wasn't right, although this isn't too convincing.

She gets the same w/kg in a physical test as a guy like Pieter Weening, that's an undisputable fact, and it's also a fact that Ryo Hazuki will never reach those numbers
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 11-15-12, 16:38
Ruudz0r's Avatar
Ruudz0r Ruudz0r is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,608
Default

Its all about question and demand and there is just not as much demand for woman racing then for man.

Just compare it to football the ticket prices for a game of Man United vs Chelsea are way higher then a match between Millwall and Norwich city.

The skill level is higher and there for people want to pay higher prices, sponsors are more interested in giving more money to a team which has more fans and is viewed better on the television. Thats why the people should also get different salaries.

If Man U vs Chelsea and Millwall vs Norwich City is on English television at the same time, the first match will have a 100th time more viewers and it would be the same if a manīs race and womanīs cycling race is on the TV.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 11-15-12, 16:47
The Hitch's Avatar
The Hitch The Hitch is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London.
Posts: 21,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
I wouldn't know, I've never run one. Even at my level athletics is specialized. You can only focus on a couple of events if you want to be competitive.
Do this then. Paula radcliffes average speed for her marathon world record was 18.6 km /h. For over 2 hours. Find a treadmill and see if you can manage 5 minutes at the pace.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
no, but others are. or do you think quintana, soler, henao etc were/are from a different countries?
When was the last time these guys competed in your beloved vuelta a tachira or a guatemala or venezuela ? Aren't by your standards those races also" pathetic"?
__________________
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013 (still undefeated). Currently 2nd all time cq rankings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre 2009 wiggins
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 11-15-12, 16:50
The Hitch's Avatar
The Hitch The Hitch is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London.
Posts: 21,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruudz0r View Post
Its all about question and demand and there is just not as much demand for woman racing then for man.

Just compare it to football the ticket prices for a game of Man United vs Chelsea are way higher then a match between Millwall and Norwich city.

The skill level is higher and there for people want to pay higher prices, sponsors are more interested in giving more money to a team which has more fans and is viewed better on the television. Thats why the people should also get different salaries.

If Man U vs Chelsea and Millwall vs Norwich City is on English television at the same time, the first match will have a 100th time more viewers and it would be the same if a manīs race and womanīs cycling race is on the TV.
Tickets for a women's gs final are more expensive than a mens atp masters final even though the skills on display are far higher in the latter.
__________________
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013 (still undefeated). Currently 2nd all time cq rankings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre 2009 wiggins
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 11-15-12, 17:02
Ryo Hazuki's Avatar
Ryo Hazuki Ryo Hazuki is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,766
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentacycle View Post
Those tests don't reveal endurance, tactical sense and behaviour in races, you know what particular male Dutchman has impressive lab results too(probably been mentionted by Dekker_T before) and he doesn't add up GT victories, with all the crashes and not being able to take the pressure.

In a pure mountain TT Vos could get a top 20 among the men, I guess that's within her possibilities.
no she wouldn't because a mountain itt is being done in a stagerace, in which she would already suffer so much in days before she's at big disadvantage
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 11-15-12, 17:02
Ryo Hazuki's Avatar
Ryo Hazuki Ryo Hazuki is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,766
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the hitch View Post
do this then. Paula radcliffes average speed for her marathon world record was 18.6 km /h. For over 2 hours. Find a treadmill and see if you can manage 5 minutes at the pace.




When was the last time these guys competed in your beloved vuelta a tachira or a guatemala or venezuela ? Aren't by your standards those races also" pathetic"?
2011


......
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 11-15-12, 17:04
Ryo Hazuki's Avatar
Ryo Hazuki Ryo Hazuki is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,766
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Tickets for a women's gs final are more expensive than a mens atp masters final even though the skills on display are far higher in the latter.
I explained tennis before.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 11-15-12, 17:05
El Pistolero's Avatar
El Pistolero El Pistolero is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 14,170
Default

South American racing is comparable to cyclocross in Belgium lol.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 11-15-12, 17:54
Arnout Arnout is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 3,163
Default

Yeah.

Flanders - what, 6 million people?

South America - 350 million.

No difference at all.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.