2013 Predictions. - Page 4 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 11-21-12, 20:02

Some of these predictions are really bad. De Gendt can't ride in peloton, so he will waste too much energy during a hard classic. And he'll also suffer during the first nervous week of the Tour. De Gendt isn't a one day racer and most likely never will be one. Nor is a long breakaway going to succeed in LBL. I doubt he will even start to be honest.

Wasn't there a bold prediction thread as well? Most of these should be posted there lol.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week

Last edited by El Pistolero; 11-21-12 at 20:08.
Old 11-21-12, 20:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltiv View Post
Not much fun in predicting though if everyone puts the top 3 guys from the betting odds in their list!

Last year I believe there was someone predicting Gasparotto to win AGR (or perhaps it was Maxim- LBL he had) and Vino to win Olympic road. Now that's some far fetched predictions, but in hindsight they are far more impressive than the guys who correctly predicted that Gilbert would win worlds for example.
Quote:
I find the prediction in the opening post far more unlikely: that Jungels will be 3rd in M-SR as a 20 y.o neo-pro. He isn't even suited to the race at all, and probably has never ridden anything longer than 200 km
Lutsenko is also there to finish 3rd in LBL.
Yeah but that can also be done in the race threads- when we can actually see the riders and have a whole barrage of riders to select. Here we are limited to 3.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog

The Grand Boucle wasn't just Europe's for the taking.

@TheYoungest: "We might as well get dropped"

Quote:Originally Posted by Vino attacks everyone
"Has Porte ever dropped Nibali in any mountain?"
D&C "He will soon......"
Old 11-21-12, 20:12

It seems that Purito will make the Tour. So i change my bet. Giro: 1 Wiggins 2 Nibali 3 Quintana 4 Rujano 5 Pelizzoti 6 Hesjedal 7 Henao 8 Pozzovivo 9 Majka 10 Betancur.
TDF: 1 Contador 2 Froome 3 Pinot 4 Andy Schleck 5 J Rod 6 Van Garderen 7 Valverde 8 Rolland 9 Van Den Broeck 10 Talansky.
Old 11-21-12, 20:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
Some of these predictions are really bad. De Gendt can't ride in peloton, so he will waste too much energy during a hard classic. And he'll also suffer during the first nervous week of the Tour. De Gendt isn't a one day racer and most likely never will be one. Nor is a long breakaway going to succeed in LBL. I doubt he will even start to be honest.

Wasn't there a bold prediction thread as well? Most of these should be posted there lol.
If there's one rider who could pull off a 200+ km solo win in LBL it's De Gendt. When he's on top form he's never failed to drop his breakaway companions, so it's far from bold. What's bold is that a breakaway will make it in LBL.
Old 11-21-12, 20:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentacycle View Post
If there's one rider who could pull off a 200+ km solo win in LBL it's De Gendt. When he's on top form he's never failed to drop his breakaway companions, so it's far from bold. What's bold is that a breakaway will make it in LBL.
"When he's on top form" That's a big "if". Besides which idiot will let De Gendt ride in a classic, that **** won't work.

Besides you negated yourself. You try to defend into why this (de gendt's solo win in LBL) belongs in this thread but then you say that a solo which survives in LBL is bold so why is it in this thread then?

Then again you say Froome will win the TDF with 5 minutes so i'm not surprised.

Until now all the people who I consider that have knowledge on cycling stated that Contador will win the tour.

I'm not praising them though, it's simple common sense.
Old 11-21-12, 20:34
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Until now all the people who I consider that have knowledge on cycling stated that Contador will win the tour.
I'm not praising them though, it's simple common sense.
Are you ready to apologize on them if he won't win (on the road) ?
Old 11-21-12, 20:53

I predict no wt license for Saxo and therefore no tour invite
Old 11-21-12, 21:02

San Remo: Sagan
Flanders: Pozzato
Roubaix: Boonen
Amstel: Moser
Fleche Wallone: Purito
Liege: Valverde
Giro: 1. Basso 2. Nibali 3. Wiggins
Tour: 1. Contador 2. Valverde 3. Froome
San Sebastian: Gorka Izaguirre
Vuelta: 1. Quintana 2. Scarponi 3. Valverde
Worlds: Cunego
Lombardy: Samu
Old 11-21-12, 21:08

Quote:
Not much fun in predicting though if everyone puts the top 3 guys from the betting odds in their list!

Last year I believe there was someone predicting Gasparotto to win AGR (or perhaps it was Maxim- LBL he had) and Vino to win Olympic road. Now that's some far fetched predictions, but in hindsight they are far more impressive than the guys who correctly predicted that Gilbert would win worlds for example.
hello there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Old 11-21-12, 21:13

San Remo: Sagan
Flanders: EBH
Roubaix: Boonen
Amstel: Gasparotto
Fleche Wallone: Purito
Liege: Kiserlovski
Giro: 1. Nibali 2. Basso 3. Wiggins