We'll see the best Andy Schleck one more time? - Page 3 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: When we will see the best Andy Schleck one more time?
We will see his best version in 2013. 35 27.34%
It will cost a lot for him. But in 2014 he will be fully recovered. 33 25.78%
Never. 60 46.88%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-12, 11:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
For once I must agree with you Hitch ... people who vote "never" crack me up. Vino, Wigans, Evans, Froome ... they all have had sh*t years and they all came back argueably even stronger than before. Andy has a lot of years left in his career, if it won't be next year than the year after.
You could also argue that all of those riders are mentally tougher than Schleck and more motivated. I hope he does come back to his best but I won't believe it until I see some glimpses of what he can do and has done in the past. All cycling fans would love to see Froome, Schleck, Contador and others going head to head in the Tour next year. We witnessed a great battle in the Vuelta and the Tour could be just as hard fought.
Old 11-29-12, 12:10

yes

characters
When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just mount a bicycle and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the ride you are taking.
Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 11-29-12, 13:13

i see theres at least 18 contador fanboys in the thread saying NEVER and praying he never gets his best back because they know for a fact a fit and healthy andy schleck is a serious threat to the golden boy !!
Old 11-29-12, 13:17
Banned

Being Contador fanboy is a diagnosis. What a pusillanimous view on the sport! Damn, I'm shocked. Listen up everyone who voted 'no'. Do not dream. The Legend will punish all of you so harshly that I'm afraid you will end up with following cycling.

Last edited by airstream; 11-29-12 at 13:27.
Old 11-29-12, 13:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by shades1 View Post
i see theres at least 18 contador fanboys in the thread saying NEVER and praying he never gets his best back because they know for a fact a fit and healthy andy schleck is a serious threat to the golden boy !!
Since you can't see who actually these 18 voters are, how can you confidentally say they are "contador fanboys" or simply just individuals who don't think Andy will be capable of getting back to his best? Who is to say they are Contador fans at all?

I think he likely won't be back to his best until 2014 but he will reach a decent level of competitiveness, lacking the ability to create and maintain a gap on his rivals in the mountains.

Last edited by Angliru; 11-29-12 at 15:51. Reason: Grammatical correction. :-(
Old 11-29-12, 13:37

Even if Schlecklet returns to his best form he will get spanked by AC for a number of years. However, he seems so mentally fragile that I wouldn't be one bit surprised if he chooses to retire rather than race without Fränk by his side.
Old 11-29-12, 14:52

What is the best Andy Schleck? I don't think we've ever seen it.
Old 11-29-12, 14:54

Quote:
You are hilarious Just like airstream used to be but after a while it gets annoying.
Old 11-29-12, 15:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angliru View Post
Since you can't see who actually these 18 voters are, how can you confidentally say they are "contador fanboys" and simply just individuals who don't think Andy will be capable of getting back to his best? Who is to say they are Contador fans at all?

I think he likely won't be back to his best until 2014 but he will reach a decent level of competitiveness, lacking the ability to create and maintain a gap on his rivals in the mountains.
you dont need to be a mathematical genius to know that a HUGE percentage of this whole forum thinks the sun shines out of contadors *** , so on that basis my estimate would not be far wrong sir .

andy comes from one of the smallest countries on earth so his fan base is never going to compete with any other rider , it seems to me this is a major reason of why he gets so much hatred on here because he is basically a boy from nowhere with huge natural talent that could possibly take a lot of glory away from the so called superstar .
Old 11-29-12, 15:10

Quote:
you dont need to be a mathematical genius to know that a HUGE percentage of this whole forum thinks the sun shines out of contadors *** , so on that basis my estimate would not be far wrong sir .

andy comes from one of the smallest countries on earth so his fan base is never going to compete with any other rider , it seems to me this is a major reason of why he gets so much hatred on here because he is basically a boy from nowhere with huge natural talent that could possibly take a lot of glory away from the so called superstar .
Why would we hate him because he comes from a small country Andy has a huge fanbase in for example the US and France so stop moaning.