Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 11-29-12, 17:13
Administrator

Default MSR and Lombardia moved to Sunday

Surprised no one mentioned this yet.

RCS are planning a new(or already existing) race to be held in between TA and MSR.

Acquarone explained his decision in his CN blog.

Is it a good idea for you?

Last edited by Eshnar; 11-29-12 at 17:16.
Old 11-29-12, 19:04

Sunday, bloody Sunday. What a great song, it really encapsulates the frustrations of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!"
Old 11-29-12, 19:16

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult Classics View Post
Sunday, bloody Sunday. What a great song, it really encapsulates the frustrations of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!"
Calm down alan
Old 11-29-12, 19:18

I have not a clear opinion but it doens´t seem to be a bad option. If they don´t change the the spirit of the races ( making them shorter or easier as it happens with grand tours)I think that this is not an important thing.
Old 11-29-12, 19:31

Flanders, Roubaix, LBL, are already on Sunday; so now, all monuments on a Sunday.

Cancellara full of **** again, complaining he now has four free days between Tirreno and MSR. The guys coming from Paris-Nice now have six days, Cancellara forgets this.

Well, now we might see hardly any, if any, double starters at MSR and Catalunya at all, as Catalunya starts on Monday, the day after San Remo. (In 2012, Cunego, Bruseghin, Txurruka and Francesco Gavazzi were double starters).
Old 11-29-12, 19:56
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshnar View Post
Surprised no one mentioned this yet.

RCS are planning a new(or already existing) race to be held in between TA and MSR.

Acquarone explained his decision in his CN blog.

Is it a good idea for you?
i already posted this on the general news thread at 10 am today so i win

anyway monuments and sundays is a great combination, nothing to complain here. it will certainly have more viewers then it had on saturday afternoons imo.
Old 11-29-12, 21:13

I can't see why this would make any significant difference.
Old 11-29-12, 21:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descender View Post
I can't see why this would make any significant difference.
I normally race on Saturday afternoons from March onwards so moving San Remo to the Sunday is a great improvement for me.
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
Old 11-29-12, 21:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult Classics View Post
U2 sucks the big one

Andrea Noè on Di Luca, "Il Killer di Spoltore"
Old 11-29-12, 22:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altitude View Post
U2 sucks the big one
heh. www.google.com