2013 Speculation (and confirmation) thread - rider schedules and parcours - Page 27 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #261  
Old 12-22-12, 17:23
El Pistolero's Avatar
El Pistolero El Pistolero is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 14,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
Is it? I thought it was about why Emilia isn't a hilly classic

Speaking of which, remember how Gerrans won on that very same climb in the Giro? And how he beat some unknown Kenyan rider in the process?
Lol, love how he pronounces Froome's name wrong.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Reply With Quote
  #262  
Old 12-22-12, 17:27
Dekker_Tifosi's Avatar
Dekker_Tifosi Dekker_Tifosi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Roermond, the Netherlands
Posts: 18,848
Send a message via MSN to Dekker_Tifosi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentacycle View Post
I know that he's finished well in those races, but he's never immediately reacted well to any attack or accelleration, he's only got one tempo. That doesn't mean he can't get results. But the reason he doesn't ride the classics any more is that even in his best form he can't win one. He's a rider with solid climbing and good TT, he needs to ride one week races ftw before he even attempts a grand tour classification. GT's and classics haven't been very kind to him after all.
I suggest you watch Montreal 2010 or Quebec 2011

Especially Quebec 2011 where on a short 400m hill he even put Gilbert in slight trouble.
How do you explain that?
And how do you explain him dropping Vanendert on the Redoute in his first year as Pro?

Gesink can be 'explosive' when he wants to be, just never in the biggest races, because those guys (rodriguez/gilbert/evans etc) are even more explosive
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BYOP88 View Post
Great to see that Porte has rediscovered his 2010/11 climbing form. Hope he can keep it for the rest of the Tour and year.
Reply With Quote
  #263  
Old 12-22-12, 18:11
Pentacycle's Avatar
Pentacycle Pentacycle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wageningen, Netherlands
Posts: 2,085
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekker_Tifosi View Post
I suggest you watch Montreal 2010 or Quebec 2011

Especially Quebec 2011 where on a short 400m hill he even put Gilbert in slight trouble.
How do you explain that?
And how do you explain him dropping Vanendert on the Redoute in his first year as Pro?

Gesink can be 'explosive' when he wants to be, just never in the biggest races, because those guys (rodriguez/gilbert/evans etc) are even more explosive
This is going to the official Discussion Thread...
Reply With Quote
  #264  
Old 12-27-12, 12:41
The Hitch's Avatar
The Hitch The Hitch is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London.
Posts: 23,358
Default

Big 1

Sagan



First part of the season will go as follows.


Tour de San Luis,
Oman
Tirreno-Adriático,
Milam-San Remo,
Gante-Wevelgem
Flanders
Amstel Gold Race

MSR and Flanders are his big goals but he says Flanders and Roubaix are the races he dreams of winning.

He also withdraws his name from the worlds saying Florence 2013 will be too hard for him after a tough season.

But he says that worlds is his 3rd big dream together with Fladers and Roubaix.

Other than that he says that at 22 years of age he has to continue improving as a cyclist the way he improved every year for the last 3 years.- how much better can he get.

Also thinks Basso " our great captain" will be a force to be reckoned with, still.

But the Slovak sees himself as the strongest on the team. And when asked who his rivals are replies " I have many rivals, but i crush them all" (or words to that extent)

http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site...a.asp?id=58178
__________________
The Hitch: 3rd place week 43 2014 cq game. Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013 (still undefeated). Currently 2nd all time cq rankings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre 2009 wiggins
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Reply With Quote
  #265  
Old 12-27-12, 12:44
Ryo Hazuki's Avatar
Ryo Hazuki Ryo Hazuki is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,704
Default

he's such an endboss, how can anyone not be a fan _O_
Reply With Quote
  #266  
Old 12-27-12, 13:28
Twenty-Nem Twenty-Nem is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Big 1

Sagan



First part of the season will go as follows.


Tour de San Luis,
Oman
Tirreno-Adriático,
Milam-San Remo,
Gante-Wevelgem
Flanders
Amstel Gold Race

MSR and Flanders are his big goals but he says Flanders and Roubaix are the races he dreams of winning.

He also withdraws his name from the worlds saying Florence 2013 will be too hard for him after a tough season.

But he says that worlds is his 3rd big dream together with Fladers and Roubaix.

Other than that he says that at 22 years of age he has to continue improving as a cyclist the way he improved every year for the last 3 years.- how much better can he get.

Also thinks Basso " our great captain" will be a force to be reckoned with, still.

But the Slovak sees himself as the strongest on the team. And when asked who his rivals are replies " I have many rivals, but i crush them all" (or words to that extent)

http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site...a.asp?id=58178
Not Paris Roubaix, Flèche Wallone, L-B-L ?
Reply With Quote
  #267  
Old 12-27-12, 13:51
El Pistolero's Avatar
El Pistolero El Pistolero is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 14,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Big 1

Sagan



First part of the season will go as follows.


Tour de San Luis,
Oman
Tirreno-Adriático,
Milam-San Remo,
Gante-Wevelgem
Flanders
Amstel Gold Race

MSR and Flanders are his big goals but he says Flanders and Roubaix are the races he dreams of winning.

He also withdraws his name from the worlds saying Florence 2013 will be too hard for him after a tough season.

But he says that worlds is his 3rd big dream together with Fladers and Roubaix.

Other than that he says that at 22 years of age he has to continue improving as a cyclist the way he improved every year for the last 3 years.- how much better can he get.

Also thinks Basso " our great captain" will be a force to be reckoned with, still.

But the Slovak sees himself as the strongest on the team. And when asked who his rivals are replies " I have many rivals, but i crush them all" (or words to that extent)

http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site...a.asp?id=58178
Let the wheelsucking begin lol.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Reply With Quote
  #268  
Old 12-27-12, 14:23
Ryo Hazuki's Avatar
Ryo Hazuki Ryo Hazuki is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,704
Default

Reply With Quote
  #269  
Old 12-27-12, 14:31
theyoungest theyoungest is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 12,140
Default

Yes, Sagan has had the indecency to not be born with a Belgian passport.
Reply With Quote
  #270  
Old 12-27-12, 14:37
El Pistolero's Avatar
El Pistolero El Pistolero is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 14,243
Default

I'm not hating at all lol. Just that other cyclists will be stuck on his wheel when you say stuff like that.

I actually think it's a courageous statement to make, albeit not a very smart one probably.

You guys act like such Calimero's you don't even realize it lol.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week

Last edited by El Pistolero; 12-27-12 at 14:39.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.