2013 Speculation (and confirmation) thread - rider schedules and parcours - Page 27 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 12-22-12, 17:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
Is it? I thought it was about why Emilia isn't a hilly classic

Speaking of which, remember how Gerrans won on that very same climb in the Giro? And how he beat some unknown Kenyan rider in the process?
Lol, love how he pronounces Froome's name wrong.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Old 12-22-12, 17:27

Send a message via MSN to Dekker_Tifosi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentacycle View Post
I know that he's finished well in those races, but he's never immediately reacted well to any attack or accelleration, he's only got one tempo. That doesn't mean he can't get results. But the reason he doesn't ride the classics any more is that even in his best form he can't win one. He's a rider with solid climbing and good TT, he needs to ride one week races ftw before he even attempts a grand tour classification. GT's and classics haven't been very kind to him after all.
I suggest you watch Montreal 2010 or Quebec 2011

Especially Quebec 2011 where on a short 400m hill he even put Gilbert in slight trouble.
How do you explain that?
And how do you explain him dropping Vanendert on the Redoute in his first year as Pro?

Gesink can be 'explosive' when he wants to be, just never in the biggest races, because those guys (rodriguez/gilbert/evans etc) are even more explosive
Old 12-22-12, 18:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekker_Tifosi View Post
I suggest you watch Montreal 2010 or Quebec 2011

Especially Quebec 2011 where on a short 400m hill he even put Gilbert in slight trouble.
How do you explain that?
And how do you explain him dropping Vanendert on the Redoute in his first year as Pro?

Gesink can be 'explosive' when he wants to be, just never in the biggest races, because those guys (rodriguez/gilbert/evans etc) are even more explosive
This is going to the official Discussion Thread...
Old 12-27-12, 12:41

Big 1

Sagan

First part of the season will go as follows.

Tour de San Luis,
Oman
Tirreno-Adriático,
Milam-San Remo,
Gante-Wevelgem
Flanders
Amstel Gold Race

MSR and Flanders are his big goals but he says Flanders and Roubaix are the races he dreams of winning.

He also withdraws his name from the worlds saying Florence 2013 will be too hard for him after a tough season.

But he says that worlds is his 3rd big dream together with Fladers and Roubaix.

Other than that he says that at 22 years of age he has to continue improving as a cyclist the way he improved every year for the last 3 years.- how much better can he get.

Also thinks Basso " our great captain" will be a force to be reckoned with, still.

But the Slovak sees himself as the strongest on the team. And when asked who his rivals are replies " I have many rivals, but i crush them all" (or words to that extent)

http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site...a.asp?id=58178
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 12-27-12, 12:44

he's such an endboss, how can anyone not be a fan _O_
Old 12-27-12, 13:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Big 1

Sagan

Tour de San Luis,
Oman
Tirreno-Adriático,
Milam-San Remo,
Gante-Wevelgem
Flanders
Amstel Gold Race

MSR and Flanders are his big goals but he says Flanders and Roubaix are the races he dreams of winning.

He also withdraws his name from the worlds saying Florence 2013 will be too hard for him after a tough season.

Other than that he says that at 22 years of age he has to continue improving as a cyclist the way he improved every year for the last 3 years.- how much better can he get.

Also thinks Basso " our great captain" will be a force to be reckoned with, still.

But the Slovak sees himself as the strongest on the team. And when asked who his rivals are replies " I have many rivals, but i crush them all" (or words to that extent)

Not Paris Roubaix, Flèche Wallone, L-B-L ?
Old 12-27-12, 13:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Big 1

Sagan

Tour de San Luis,
Oman
Tirreno-Adriático,
Milam-San Remo,
Gante-Wevelgem
Flanders
Amstel Gold Race

Let the wheelsucking begin lol.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Old 12-27-12, 14:23

Old 12-27-12, 14:31

Yes, Sagan has had the indecency to not be born with a Belgian passport.
Old 12-27-12, 14:37

I'm not hating at all lol. Just that other cyclists will be stuck on his wheel when you say stuff like that.

I actually think it's a courageous statement to make, albeit not a very smart one probably.

You guys act like such Calimero's you don't even realize it lol.
Quote:

Last edited by El Pistolero; 12-27-12 at 14:39.