Who is next to dominate GT's? - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 12-08-12, 21:20

Default Who is next to dominate GT's?

Considering GT's cycling has pretty much dynasties you can say. Merckx, hinault, indurain, (go the clinic) and now Contador.

Who do you think will dominate GT's after Contador? Let's say 5 more years Contador and then what?

Pinot? Quintana? Or some rather unknown guy? Contador also boomed in '07 although granted he was already pretty good (winning mountain stages) at '06 but in '07 it all really started.

Maybe we haven't seen him yet or maybe there isn't going to be a next guy like previously?

What's your take on it?

No poll this time, it just sucks, I know.

Btw does Vino have a son or a daughter?

If so...the answer is clear

Last edited by Miburo; 12-08-12 at 21:23.
Old 12-08-12, 21:23

I wish he could be Thomas De Gendt, but that is just my wish.
Old 12-08-12, 21:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmartin View Post
I wish he could be Thomas De Gendt, but that is just my wish.
Too old I would say and not enough climber. He's already 26/27 I think. Next 5 years are still Contador's to take. And he still gives me this lazy feeling.

He doesn't seem to care enough.

You need to have that heart!!!! that desire to win whatever it takes.

But he's the next solo man, no doubt. Actually de gendt might be the new vino?
Old 12-08-12, 21:41

Send a message via MSN to Dekker_Tifosi

Tiernan Locke
Old 12-08-12, 21:41

Can I say Froome

De Gendt does not have the mentality to really make it. He does not focus enough on the professional aspects of the sport and therefore he is always going to be at a disadvantage compared to his rivals. The way the sport is moving at the moment factors such as these will make more and more of a difference. Just ask Francesco Moser.
Old 12-08-12, 21:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froome19 View Post
Can I say Froome

De Gendt does not have the mentality to really make it. He does not focus enough on the professional aspects of the sport and therefore he is always going to be at a disadvantage compared to his rivals. The way the sport is moving at the moment factors such as these will make more and more of a difference. Just ask Francesco Moser.
How would you know? He's been getting good results ever since joining a WT team, I'm sure there's little wrong with his training. Obviously his training program will change now that he came third in the Giro, he will focus more on climbing. But before this year he didn't know how much potential he had, nor did we for that matter.

His real problem is the fact that he can't ride in a peloton because he's afraid of crashing.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Old 12-08-12, 21:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Too old I would say and not enough climber. He's already 26/27 I think. Next 5 years are still Contador's to take. And he still gives me this lazy feeling.

He doesn't seem to care enough.

You need to have that heart!!!! that desire to win whatever it takes.

But he's the next solo man, no doubt. Actually de gendt might be the new vino?
Certainly not a given that. Still need to see whether Contador can take on Froome and then also see whether he is up to his very best after his ban as we never got to see that properly in the Vuelta. Schleck and Froome are certainly not far off him if not his equal when it comes to climbing so another rider coming to challenge whilst still at his peak is not unimaginable.
Old 12-08-12, 21:48

No, we need to see if Froome can take on Contador. Not the other way around.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Old 12-08-12, 21:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
How would you know? He's been getting good results ever since joining a WT team.

His real problem is the fact that he can't ride in a peloton because he's afraid of crashing.
Have read interviews with him stating that..
His riding in peloton problem can be fixed over time imo.
Old 12-08-12, 21:49
Banned

Il'd like it to be Froome or another Brit but i can Tejay van Garderen causing some serious damage in future GTs , hes young and seems to have the right skills , was very impressive in last years Tour.