Who is next to dominate GT's? - Page 20 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 12-13-12, 11:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed and Confused View Post
Since when was Rasmussen dominating anything? Dieting? Looking silly on a TT bike?
He was dominating the mountain classifications
Old 12-13-12, 11:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Mercier View Post
He was dominating the mountain classifications
yeah, and now that job belongs to Voeckler.
Old 12-13-12, 12:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed and Confused View Post
Since when was Rasmussen dominating anything? Dieting? Looking silly on a TT bike?
Tour 2007. If he wouldn´t have been taken out, he´d have dominated from there on, for maybe three or four years, close to Contador.
Old 12-13-12, 12:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHRH19861986 View Post
Tour 2007. If he wouldn´t have been taken out, he´d have dominated from there on, for maybe three or four years, close to Contador.
well, I know most of the stuff here is speculation, but that assumption is way beyond my imagination.
Old 12-13-12, 13:08
Banned

Quote:
I don't think so. One thing is Contador obviously wouldn't have dominated the way he did if Rasmussen had win. Ones' tragedy gives brilliant perspectives to others. Still hope one day we will recognize details of that scandal.
Old 12-13-12, 13:24
Administrator

i don't think rasmussen would have dominated much longer, if at all. contador already improved massively from 2007 to 2008 particularly his itt and even in 2007 rasmussen couldn't really drop contador significantly and he wouldn't be getting a 3 minute head start ever again like he did at the 07 tour. contador GT dominance was bound to happen one way or the other after his 07 tour performance.

also with the rise of andy schleck that would be another rider that could equal rasmussen on the climbing department.
Old 12-13-12, 13:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Mercier View Post
Lol. So your example is the only bad day of Van Garderen in all the TDF... Ok if this is an example i'll give you another example: Peyragudes. See Van Garderen and then Porte. Is this a good example? No. Because Porte was a domestique. But this example is like yours. You take the worst day of Van Garderen to take reason.... He was 46° that day. I'll make you a question. Do you think the Belles Filles day is the real level of climbing of Van Garderen? Do you think so? And if you think it i'll make you another question. If this day (where he finished 46° ) shows his real level of climbing why he stayed with the bests guys in Luchon and Peyragudes and attacked in the CDFer ascent where the other favourites could only stay at Sky wheel? Why he finished 5° in the GC? You'll say because of the Itt. And i'll respond you: How much ITT had the TDF? 400 kms?
On a climb like Belles Filles, yeah I think that's his level. If the gradient rises above 6 or 7%, Tejay's in trouble. Fortunately for him, in the Tour that happens very rarely.
Old 12-13-12, 13:35
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
On a climb like Belles Filles, yeah I think that's his level. If the gradient rises above 6 or 7%, Tejay's in trouble. Fortunately for him, in the Tour that happens very rarely.
i have to agree with this, besides his bad day was the following day when iirc he was dropped on the second cat col de richemond by a big dropped being paced by a certain richie porte.
Old 12-13-12, 13:45

I think Rasmussen also would have improved massively. He won a MTF in 2003´s Vuelta, and then have a look at his Tours... Good in 2005, better in 2006, winner in 2007 (with massively improved ITT performances). If he would have continued like that, a Sastre wouldn´t have had any chance against him in 2008.

2009 and 2010, it would´ve been Contador vs Rasmussen, not Contador against Schleck.

2011 was a lame Tour, Evans was able to win. Evans was worlds behind Rasmussen in 2007, 2011 could have been the last year of Rasmussens Tour leadership, 2012 he would certainly have been on the way down, like Menchov was in 2012.

Rasmussen only started to find his best package in 2007, he would´ve had yellow years ahead of him.
Old 12-13-12, 13:51

Quote:
I think Rasmussen also would have improved massively. He won a MTF in 2003´s Vuelta, and then have a look at his Tours... Good in 2005, better in 2006, winner in 2007 (with massively improved ITT performances). If he would have continued like that, a Sastre wouldn´t have had any chance against him in 2008.

2009 and 2010, it would´ve been Contador vs Rasmussen, not Contador against Schleck.

2011 was a lame Tour, Evans was able to win. Evans was worlds behind Rasmussen in 2007, 2011 could have been the last year of Rasmussens Tour leadership, 2012 he would certainly have been on the way down, like Menchov was in 2012.

Rasmussen only started to find his best package in 2007, he would´ve had yellow years ahead of him.
Send an email to the Rabo board of directors, they'll cry even more