Who is next to dominate GT's? - Page 3 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 12-08-12, 22:09
Miburo's Avatar
Miburo Miburo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,951
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
There's a difference between not wanting to win and not being able to win. I'd place JVDB in the latter category. If you don't have a killer weapon it's a lot harder to win.
If he races a GT which he'll never win while he has way more chance to win in another GT it makes me doubt his will to win He orgasm while thinking of a podium
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-08-12, 22:09
serfla serfla is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 701
Default

I think that only Contador has desire to dominate.
Others either don't have desire or ability. Care about individual result.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-08-12, 22:12
Froome19's Avatar
Froome19 Froome19 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London
Posts: 3,086
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Where do you come.up with this ****? He was talking about being a gt guy way before his giro podium.
Talking about, but he never had fully decided which path he would take.
And this **** was made up by the man himself
Quote:
The Giro was my main goal of the year but I never spoke about a podium. Now I know I'm a GC rider. In the past, I had different team managers and they all said different things. One said I could become a good classics rider. But the spring classics don't fit me: I'm not the best pilot in the bunch. Now, though, I know what to do: stage races. They will be my main focus in the upcoming years.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
Gratz to Cav.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-08-12, 22:13
Froome19's Avatar
Froome19 Froome19 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London
Posts: 3,086
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by serfla View Post
Others either don't have desire or ability. Care about individual result.
Well we really don't know if that is the case for the up and coming riders, have not seen enough of them.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
Gratz to Cav.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-08-12, 22:14
El Pistolero's Avatar
El Pistolero El Pistolero is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 14,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
If he races a GT which he'll never win while he has way more chance to win in another GT it makes me doubt his will to win He orgasm while thinking of a podium
He rode the Vuelta last 2 years. He wanted to be good this year in the Vuelta, but he wasn't. Not everyone can do 2 good GTs in a row.

They're not paying him to ride the Giro or Vuelta, he's on a Belgian team.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-08-12, 22:15
airstream airstream is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Minsk
Posts: 4,202
Default

I don't know. very likely no one
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-08-12, 22:17
The Hitch's Avatar
The Hitch The Hitch is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London.
Posts: 23,337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froome19 View Post
Talking about, but he never had fully decided which path he would take.
And this **** was made up by the man himself
Before the giro he was talking about vuelta gc being his main aim
__________________
The Hitch: 3rd place week 43 2014 cq game. Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013 (still undefeated). Currently 2nd all time cq rankings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre 2009 wiggins
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-08-12, 22:18
Froome19's Avatar
Froome19 Froome19 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London
Posts: 3,086
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
He rode the Vuelta last 2 years. He wanted to be good this year in the Vuelta, but he wasn't. Not everyone can do 2 good GTs in a row.

They're not paying him to ride the Giro or Vuelta, he's on a Belgian team.
He did not really go to the Vuelta with a target, more just to prepare for the world champs.
In fact he was not targeting GC whatsoever.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
Gratz to Cav.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-08-12, 22:20
El Pistolero's Avatar
El Pistolero El Pistolero is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 14,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froome19 View Post
He did not really go to the Vuelta with a target, more just to prepare for the world champs.
In fact he was not targeting GC whatsoever.
He didn't ride the WC nor was it a goal for him to get selected. He wanted to test if he could handle 2 GTs in one season. He can't.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-08-12, 22:22
Froome19's Avatar
Froome19 Froome19 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London
Posts: 3,086
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Before the giro he was talking about vuelta gc being his main aim
I can not know what he was thinking, but I believe the proof that he was capable of accomplishing a podium in a GT meant he decided one and for all he would specialise and become a GT rider.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
Gratz to Cav.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 15:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.