Who Will Win A Grand Tour in 2013? - Page 6 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Who Will Win a Grand Tour in 2013?
A.Contador 78 80.41%
B.Wiggins 23 23.71%
C.Froome 18 18.56%
C.Evans 4 4.12%
A.Valverde 11 11.34%
J.Rodriguez 20 20.62%
V.Nibali 40 41.24%
R.Hesjedal 7 7.22%
Option for dutch and belgian fans 7 7.22%
Other 14 14.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-16-12, 20:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by serfla View Post
This is how's going to be.
Evans will win the Giro.
Contador will suffer an early loss in the Tour and try to make it up on Ax-3-Domaines, but he'll be eaten by the group of favorites and spat 3 minutes back. By the Alpe d' Huez he'll be fighting for top 10, and on Semnoz he'll fall back to 17. Already during the race, which will be won by Schleck, Contador starts to drink out of depression. Riis sacks him, due to indiscipline, so he's not even able to defend his Vuelta title. This chain of events results with overweight Contador thinking about retirement. But salvation comes from his archenemy - Schleck. The Tour victory secured a wealthy long term contract to RSNT, so they decided to strengthen their squad. After another one disappointing spring campaign for Cancellara, during which Devolder did it again in De Ronde (finishing with a cigar in his mouth and demi in his hand) and Boonen coming to velodrom in Roubaix riding backwards, they (RSNT) decide to hire this new, overweight, Contador as Cancellara's superdomestique for cobbles. Contador, out of gratitude, names his kid "Andy".
That's in brief.

P.S.
Froome will finally win Vuelta if anyone cares.
Are the use of hallucinogens legal in your country?
Old 12-16-12, 20:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
It is very hilarious actually. One of things that interest me most [barring directly racing matters] in the next season is what ideological base will be made up by the fans if Contador will lose the Tour. Apparently, the Hitch will have to rewrite Darwin theory as gazzelles turn into lion; Fleur will slobber and say 'he was not on form'; El Pisti will just fall in silent depression. The rest should percieve such a crook in the lot quietly.

I don't say it will happen. Contador chances are always very high, but.. it is just of out interest.
Myself I'll figure in your usual fit of Contador-hating-hysteria, somehow took it upon yourself to infiltrate Contador's inner circle and dose him with some evil concoction that saps his strength and ruins his season.

You forget that he lost the 2011 Tour and there weren't any reports of mass suicides or long periods of silent depression nor extended absences from the forum following that Tour.
Old 12-16-12, 21:04

Quote:
It is very hilarious actually. One of things that interest me most [barring directly racing matters] in the next season is what ideological base will be made up by the fans if Contador will lose the Tour. Apparently, the Hitch will have to rewrite Darwin theory as gazzelles turn into lion; Fleur will slobber and say 'he was not on form'; El Pisti will just fall in silent depression. The rest should percieve such a crook in the lot quietly.

I don't say it will happen. Contador chances are always very high, but.. it is just of out interest.
If he wont crash or something like that I think most of us (Alberto's fans) will simply admit that he didnt have it.As for me,Im a big fan but I am not idiot( i hope)

Quote:
Stakes from Irun.
Clinic,you son of a beach.
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
I am a fan of Afrank's hyping posts!
Excuse me for my English
Old 12-16-12, 21:23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovecycling View Post
Clinic,you son of a beach.
Why?!
It's a matter of nutrition.
Old 12-16-12, 21:29

Quote:
Why?!
It's a matter of nutrition.
Stakes...?

Quote:
stake
n.
1. A piece of wood or metal pointed at one end for driving into the ground as a marker, fence pole, or tent peg.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/stake
Old 12-16-12, 21:38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angliru View Post
Myself I'll figure in your usual fit of Contador-hating-hysteria, somehow took it upon yourself to infiltrate Contador's inner circle and dose him with some evil concoction that saps his strength and ruins his season.

You forget that he lost the 2011 Tour and there weren't any reports of mass suicides or long periods of silent depression nor extended absences from the forum following that Tour.
Hating in my words? Rather I never cease to amaze how one likes to disparage others. Someone easily reasoned about triples, ezzy giro-tour doubles, but when one guy came and gave the opposite scenario for the next year Tour [both situations have approximately the same overly low probability], he was instantly informed about his alleged drugs. Is it normal?

I wasn't on the forum back then yet, but it is not diffcult to imagine what came out on here. Some posters remind Alpe-d'Huez act of bravery almost every day. I guess, at one time all the threads sank in appropriate posts.

Last edited by airstream; 12-16-12 at 21:43.
Old 12-16-12, 21:58
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
Stakes...?
Steaks... Irun beef steaks.
Old 12-16-12, 22:19
Banned

fail pool

Where is Tiago Machado?????????????????????????????????
Old 12-16-12, 22:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by iZnoGouD View Post
fail pool

Where is Tiago Machado?????????????????????????????????
In front of your computer screen..
Old 12-17-12, 00:17

Quote:
Hating in my words? Rather I never cease to amaze how one likes to disparage others. Someone easily reasoned about triples, ezzy giro-tour doubles, but when one guy came and gave the opposite scenario for the next year Tour [both situations have approximately the same overly low probability], he was instantly informed about his alleged drugs. Is it normal?

I wasn't on the forum back then yet, but it is not diffcult to imagine what came out on here. Some posters remind Alpe-d'Huez act of bravery almost every day. I guess, at one time all the threads sank in appropriate posts.
So saying you wish a rider would "burn in hell" can't be interpreted as hate?