Who will win the 2013 GIRO? (Second round) - Page 12 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2013 GIRO?
Wiggins 52 30.41%
Nibali 51 29.82%
Rodriguez 11 6.43%
Hesjedal 10 5.85%
Gesink 21 12.28%
Sanchez 5 2.92%
Basso 6 3.51%
Scarponi 2 1.17%
A colombian 4 2.34%
Other/Vino 9 5.26%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #111  
Old 12-24-12, 13:21
Pentacycle's Avatar
Pentacycle Pentacycle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wageningen, Netherlands
Posts: 1,984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
Cav was pretty pathetic in the Giro this year. Not because he didn't finish the race though.

Anyway, Cancellara complained about a race being too hard or dangerous in 2009, 2010 and 2011. Andy Schleck is mocked for making such statements, yet Cancellara not? Get a grip lol.

I don't tell people to "shut their mouth" when they criticize Andy for making such statements. Why should Cancellara get a different treatment?

> Giro first week will be hard
> Cancellara has a past about complaining about that when things don't go his way
> I make a comment about it
> You mad?
You win 42 internets with this post.
  #112  
Old 12-24-12, 13:30
Ryo Hazuki's Avatar
Ryo Hazuki Ryo Hazuki is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
How is cramping up an excuse?

If you're pushed to the limits by a superior rider that day you're going to cramp up lol.

Not sure what you're trying to achieve with your posts here? He didn't whine at all.
because he didn't say he got cramped because cancellara killed him. he said he dropped because he had cramps, also the list of his excuses is endless, like a number of times he even said he had an emptying tube and that is why he lost a sprint

seriously, you are so ridiculous in your claims about cancellara, when you constantly defend king pu*sy tom boonen
  #113  
Old 12-24-12, 13:33
El Pistolero's Avatar
El Pistolero El Pistolero is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 14,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
because he didn't say he got cramped because cancellara killed him. he said he dropped because he had cramps, also the list of his excuses is endless, like a number of times he even said he had an emptying tube and that is why he lost a sprint

seriously, you are so ridiculous in your claims about cancellara, when you constantly defend king pu*sy tom boonen
I suggest you re-watch the post-race interviews of that year's Ronde van Vlaanderen before you even try to react on this thread.

You're probably the most experienced guy here in making up excuses when your riders fail, so why even bother going down this road?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
  #114  
Old 12-24-12, 13:52
The Hitch's Avatar
The Hitch The Hitch is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London.
Posts: 22,577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
Cav was pretty pathetic in the Giro this year.
lol, even you dont believe that.

Quote:
Anyway, Cancellara complained about a race being too hard or dangerous in 2009, 2010 and 2011. Andy Schleck is mocked for making such statements, yet Cancellara not? Get a grip lol.
And this had nothing to do with the thread. You waltzed in, saw Cancellaras name, got annoyed and decided to hijack the thread and make it something completely different.

Quote:
I don't tell people to "shut their mouth" when they criticize Andy for making such statements. Why should Cancellara get a different treatment?
Nor do I, I told you to "learn when to know your role and shut your mouth"

It means almost exactly the same thing as that phrase you love -better keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Besides i didnt say that to you becuase you "criticized Cancellara for making such statements".

I said that to you because you started attacking Cancellara for something he hasnt even done yet because "you are sure", he will do it

Quote:
I'm sure he'll complain about the organizers having "no respect for the cyclists" if things don't go his way.
I gave you that advice because you may remember last year you showed everyone just how big fool you are when you spent every Giro srpint demeaning Cav on the basis that you "were sure" he would abandon.

Cav didnt abandon though, so all your attacks on him were unwarranted. So maybe learn from that and wait for riders to do something before starting to organize a lynch mob
__________________
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013 (still undefeated). Currently 2nd all time cq rankings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre 2009 wiggins
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
  #115  
Old 12-24-12, 14:06
El Pistolero's Avatar
El Pistolero El Pistolero is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 14,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
lol, even you dont believe that.



And this had nothing to do with the thread. You waltzed in, saw Cancellaras name, got annoyed and decided to hijack the thread and make it something completely different.



Nor do I, I told you to "learn when to know your role and shut your mouth"

It means almost exactly the same thing as that phrase you love -better keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Besides i didnt say that to you becuase you "criticized Cancellara for making such statements".

I said that to you because you started attacking Cancellara for something he hasnt even done yet because "you are sure", he will do it



I gave you that advice because you may remember last year you showed everyone just how big fool you are when you spent every Giro srpint demeaning Cav on the basis that you "were sure" he would abandon.

Cav didnt abandon though, so all your attacks on him were unwarranted. So maybe learn from that and wait for riders to do something before starting to organize a lynch mob
The thread is about the Giro and Cancellara is entering it as posted here. I'm not hijacking anything. It's the people who are bringing up Boonen that are hijacking this thread because as far as I know he isn't starting in the Giro and has never done so. Funny how you aren't complaining against them. I guess you just don't like that someone has a different point of view than you, so you try and make it sound like I'm hijacking this thread.

This isn't about Cavendish either, though he did clearly break the rules and barely made it into the time cut on some stages because of that.

Last year I didn't know Cavendish was going to finish. Now I know he did that because he knew he would get little help during the Tour de France.

Perhaps you shouldn't get angry all the time when someone criticizes your hero lol. You're easy to lure out when someone uses a hyperbole you know?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week

Last edited by El Pistolero; 12-24-12 at 14:17.
  #116  
Old 12-24-12, 14:16
The Hitch's Avatar
The Hitch The Hitch is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London.
Posts: 22,577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
The thread is about the Giro and Cancellara is entering it as posted here. I'm not hijacking anything.
l.
No your going on about Cancellara pulliing out in 2009


Quote:
Last year I didn't know Cavendish was going to finish. Now I know he did that because he knew he would get little help during the Tour de France.
What a great excuse for ridiculing a rider for something he didnt do. " Oh i didnt know he would finish the race".

Quote:
Perhaps you shouldn't get angry all the time when someone criticizes your hero lo
Some amateur flaming here.

"your getting angry" "he is your hero".

What do you think im going to hyperventilate and throw my computer out of the window?
a 10 year old could see through it. Even if you handt spent months on velorooms boasting that you come on these forums to troll.
__________________
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013 (still undefeated). Currently 2nd all time cq rankings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre 2009 wiggins
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
  #117  
Old 12-24-12, 14:20
El Pistolero's Avatar
El Pistolero El Pistolero is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 14,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
No your going on about Cancellara pulliing out in 2009
.
History often repeats itself. If Cancellara was already complaining about the 2009 route imagine what he'll do when things don't go his way next year in the Giro.

Since when is it hijacking when I use examples of past Giri in a Giro thread? Because you say so?

The other part of your post was just gibberish, so I snipped it out lol.

Looks to me like you're just angry I criticize someone you like. Get over it lol.

But I'll keep in mind that you're not allowed to talk about past editions in a race thread. I hope you never do that because otherwise you're a hypocrite.

Anything real to add to this discussion? Like countering me when I say Cancellara often complains when the route is too hard for him? Feel free to do that, but if you can't just don't post. If I was talking about Andy Schleck instead of Cancellara nobody would've bat an eyelid here. And you know it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week

Last edited by El Pistolero; 12-24-12 at 14:30.
  #118  
Old 12-24-12, 15:40
Alpe d'Huez's Avatar
Alpe d'Huez Alpe d'Huez is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 7,523
Default

Come on guys, play nice for the holidays.
  #119  
Old 12-24-12, 16:20
The Hitch's Avatar
The Hitch The Hitch is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London.
Posts: 22,577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post

The other part of your post was just gibberish, so I snipped it out lol.

Looks to me like you're just angry I criticize someone you like. Get over it lol.
as if i am going to fall for that.

When you got nothing left to throw, just tell the other poster they are "mad" " angry", "get over it".

Its the oldest trolling device in the book. Yawn.

Its been clear since your first post you came here to troll away a boring day, (your first post had absolutely nothing to do with what you were responding to) and not to talk about cycling (and at least 2 others have said as much)
And you were being a bit stupid if you thought it would work on me considering the hundreds of exchanges weve had.

Go pick on someone your own size (smaller)
__________________
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013 (still undefeated). Currently 2nd all time cq rankings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre 2009 wiggins
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.

Last edited by The Hitch; 12-24-12 at 16:24.
  #120  
Old 12-24-12, 16:27
El Pistolero's Avatar
El Pistolero El Pistolero is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 14,170
Default

Again, you're not using any real argument to counter what I said. You're just putting your big ego on show for everyone here. Quite embarrassing actually.

> Someone posts Cancellara will ride the Giro.
> You say it's because of the hard classic-style races the Giro has in the first week.
> I post that Cancellara has a tendency to whine about those type of stages and abandon.
> You post gibberish about things that don't matter.

- Cancellara complained in the Giro 2009 that a time trial shouldn't be longer than an hour. And that it was too hard.
- Cancellara complained that the 2010 Tour had dangerous stages because his team mate crashed. Neutralizes the entire stage.
- Cancellara whines on Twitter that the Tirreno-Adriatico 2011 has too hard stages and that the organizers have no respect for cyclists.
- Guess what, the stages in the first week of the Giro are just as hard, if not harder, than the Tirreno-Adriatico 2011.

The man has a track record of complaining when things don't go his way. Anything you have to add or are you going to talk yourself up again? You know, try and use actual arguments to dismiss my statement. So far, you've proven unable to do that.

I'm not hijacking anything. If it was Andy Schleck you'd all be joining in.

I'm not talking about cycling? Then what am I talking about? It's your posts that barely contain any cycling related arguments. You always try to attack me instead of my argument because you know I'm right.

f_cancellara Fabian cancellara
Crazy...7h20min. Organzier think we are tools...up and down. Preaty cold weather and snow on top.Watching people skiing on climb sassotetto
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week

Last edited by El Pistolero; 12-24-12 at 16:46.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 14:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.