Who will win the 2013 GIRO? (Second round) - Page 13 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2013 GIRO?
Wiggins 52 30.41%
Nibali 51 29.82%
Rodriguez 11 6.43%
Hesjedal 10 5.85%
Gesink 21 12.28%
Sanchez 5 2.92%
Basso 6 3.51%
Scarponi 2 1.17%
A colombian 4 2.34%
Other/Vino 9 5.26%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-12, 17:51

and as always el calimero has to have the last word.
Old 12-24-12, 18:07

Lol, this is what I'm talking about. You guys never try and counter my posts with cycling related stuff, but only personal insults. I could've just as easily posted this on a different account and you'd probably be agreeing with me.

What's your obsession with Calimero anyway?
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Old 12-24-12, 19:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
Lol, this is what I'm talking about. You guys never try and counter my posts with cycling related stuff, but only personal insults. I could've just as easily posted this on a different account and you'd probably be agreeing with me.

What's your obsession with Calimero anyway?
says the guy who literlaly comes out of nowhere with some random cancellara bashing
Old 12-24-12, 19:16
Administrator

more calimero talk and bans will be handed. back on topic all of you.
Old 12-24-12, 19:19

With J-Rod looking for the Tour next year, I'm switching to Samu. He was definitely the best climber in 2010-11 Tours after Bertie and Andy, and I expect him to show his class, as they say in horse racing.
Old 12-24-12, 19:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
says the guy who literlaly comes out of nowhere with some random cancellara bashing
No, I reacted on Cancellara's news that he was riding the Giro and that he was attracted by the hard stages in the first week. That's hardly random. Just expressing my opinion lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanatic View Post
With J-Rod looking for the Tour next year, I'm switching to Samu. He was definitely the best climber in 2010-11 Tours after Bertie and Andy, and I expect him to show his class, as they say in horse racing.
He's getting old though. I don't really know who will win. If Wiggins gets the same level as next year he'll win it I think. Otherwise it will be wide open. Hesjedal shouldn't be underestimated I guess. Although that's maybe the reason why he won't win next year.

I'd love for Samu to win, but he said some pretty stupid things to the press recently.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week

Last edited by El Pistolero; 12-24-12 at 19:29.
Old 12-24-12, 20:16

Quote:
Excuse me where did I personally insult you?

The reason i never responded with an argument is because I dont care that Cancellara pulled out of the tt in 2009. Yeah he did, well done. Hes said and done some other crap too in his career.

Not all of us think the cyclists we like are infallible.

And the reason no one is responding when you try to sell Cancellara as a weak rider scared of hard races is because no one other than you believes that.

So when you kept bringing that up and wondering why we werent "responding with cycling arguments" its because we all just think - "whatever".

The only reason the thing even went on as long as it did is because you started to say that I was getting "angry" and then when I ignored this you went a level further and starting telling me that I was getting "mad" and that I need to "get over it" ?

And i thought id make it clear to you that no Cancellara fan in the world is going to become "mad" and "angry" becuase some uber patriotic belgian kid who has had arguments with half the forum says he thinks Cancellara is weak.

You made clear 3 years ago you werent a Cancellara fan, so I honestly dont get why you think that attacking him now is going to raise an eyebrow.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 12-24-12, 20:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Excuse me where did I personally insult you?

The reason i never responded with an argument is because I dont care that Cancellara pulled out of the tt in 2009. Yeah he did, well done. Hes said and done some other crap too in his career.

Not all of us think the cyclists we like are infallible.

And the reason no one is responding when you try to sell Cancellara as a weak rider scared of hard races is because no one other than you believes that.

So when you kept bringing that up and wondering why we werent "responding with cycling arguments" its because we all just think - "whatever".

The only reason the thing even went on as long as it did is because you started to say that I was getting "angry" and then when I ignored this you went a level further and starting telling me that I was getting "mad" and that I need to "get over it" ?

And i thought id make it clear to you that no Cancellara fan in the world is going to become "mad" and "angry" becuase some uber patriotic belgian kid who has had arguments with half the forum says he thinks Cancellara is weak.

You made clear 3 years ago you werent a Cancellara fan, so I honestly dont get why you think that attacking him now is going to raise an eyebrow.
Why do you always act so condescending in every single one of your posts? That's insulting. And again you give no real argument to my post, just insults and your own weird thoughts. "You mad" is just an internet meme. For the love of God lol.

Where did I say any of the things you claim I'm saying?

All I said was he wasn't coming to the Giro because of the hard classic like stages in the first week considering he spent years complaining/whining about such stages and how they're not respectful towards riders. And you think those stages are what lured him to the Giro? Yeah right. My post wasn't just about the Giro 2009, but I guess you didn't read it at all. I posted proof, what did you post except petty insults? Why would anyone come to the Giro for the hard classic like stages if he always complained that those stages "treat the riders like tools"? I never once said that Cancellara was weak, but I guess you like to make that up. Why does this upset you so much? There's plenty of proof out there that Cancellara doesn't like those stages(unless he can win of course).

If there's a real reason why Cancellara is going to the Giro it's because he doesn't want to do the Tour. Simple as. I'm also not attacking anyone. Just debunking your statement that "the classic like stages in the first week of the Giro are paying off". Cancellara already decided before the Giro route was announced that he wasn't going to ride the Tour de France. So that left only the Giro and the Vuelta. He's of Italian descent, so that's another reason why he wants to ride the Giro.

"Go pick on someone your own size(smaller)"

If that is not an insult than I don't know what is. You really can't have a normal discussion with you before you start attacking the poster. You're a master in using fallacies.

My post is completely on-topic and related to the Giro. Insult free, can't say the same about your posts however. You post in an aggressive manner that suggests you are indeed getting angry. It's just a harmless Giro d'Italia discussion about Cancellara's reason to ride the Giro lol. Stop dragging other things into this.
Quote:

Last edited by El Pistolero; 12-24-12 at 21:11.
Old 12-24-12, 21:42
Administrator

Quote:
If there's a real reason why Cancellara is going to the Giro it's because he doesn't want to do the Tour. Simple as. I'm also not attacking anyone. Just debunking your statement that "the classic like stages in the first week of the Giro are paying off". Cancellara already decided before the Giro route was announced that he wasn't going to ride the Tour de France. So that left only the Giro and the Vuelta. He's of Italian descent, so that's another reason why he wants to ride the Giro.
100% he does not wanna race the Tour, but he could always, you know... not race the Giro either. If he does race the Giro then he should have some reason more than just his Italian origins, since that 'reason' was always in place and it didn't matter at all apparently.
He wants the pink jersey as it's the only jersey he never won, and the next Giro gives him a big chance to do so. No doubt if the Giro had the same first week as 2012 he'd never think of racing a GT just after his highlight month of the season.

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
Old 12-24-12, 21:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshnar View Post
100% he does not wanna race the Tour, but he could always, you know... not race the Giro either. If he does race the Giro then he should have some reason more than just his Italian origins, since that 'reason' was always in place and it didn't matter at all apparently.
He wants the pink jersey as it's the only jersey he never won, and the next Giro gives him a big chance to do so. No doubt if the Giro had the same first week as 2012 he'd never think of racing a GT just after his highlight month of the season.
Meh, no prologue. I don't think his team is capable of winning the TTT either.

2011 also had a couple of great early stages and he wasn't there either. The main difference now is that he's skipping the Tour next year. In all other years he did the Tour.

Cancellara is talented enough to ride excellent in both the classics and the Giro. If Pippo Pozzato can, so can Cancellara. Or Nibali who did a top ten in both the Giro and LBL in 2011.

Has Cancellara ever finished the Vuelta? I don't think he cares all that much about that race.
Quote:

Last edited by El Pistolero; 12-24-12 at 21:54.
Closed Thread