Who will better the other Contador vs Schleck in 2013! - Page 11 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Schleck vs Contador in 2013
Alberto Contador 71 77.17%
Andy Schleck 13 14.13%
Other, for those who never vote but like to click buttons. 8 8.70%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-26-12, 15:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
The Giro hardness is opponents and contention primarily and only then parcours. The contention was away. What's the use of parcours when they rode Fedaia and Finestre like a slightly intensive training?

Not necessarily. One can crush harshly and fly over the cobbles on the next day.
There are times Airstream where your naivety is glaringly apparent, you really don't have a clue, do you. There really is no point discussing this with you!

www.justcycling.myfastforum.org
Old 12-26-12, 16:02
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriuscat View Post
There are times Airstream where your naivety is glaringly apparent, you really don't have a clue, do you. There really is no point discussing this with you!
These words from anashamed contador fanboy only underline how i am right.

no clue? we can discuss this in details. I can be accused of many things but not in the fact i don't understand anything in the sport.

Last edited by airstream; 12-26-12 at 16:05.
Old 12-26-12, 17:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriuscat View Post
Indeed, so just give up
Old 12-26-12, 17:30
Banned

It is called blindness. I'm sorry for you. You see only one side in the sport.
Old 12-26-12, 17:31

Andy will rock!
Old 12-26-12, 17:57
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
stage 3 of 2010 tour? You're going use that? Shows how desperate you are

stage 8 2010 tour? Schleck took 8 seconds?

stage 12 of tour 2012? injured knee, ride giro. Yeah cool story bro

Schleck never beat Contador in anything besides tour 2011. You've no evidence to support your claim whatsoever.

But reject common sense and use your imagination
I'm not desperate at all, just pointing out where Schleck gained time in the 2010 Tour. I wasn't using stage 12 of the 2011 (not 2012) Tour as proof that Schleck will win either, again just pointing out where Contador got dropped.

Just because Schleck hasn't beaten Contador in the past, doesn't mean that it is completely impossible to beat him, a lot can happen. It is not common sense that Contador will win everything no matter what, that is imagination on your part. Schleck at his best (from what we have seen) can climb as well as Contador, I don't think it is outside the realm of possibilities that we could see him climbing better than Contador.

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
Old 12-26-12, 18:29
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
Schleck at his best (from what we have seen) can climb as well as Contador, I don't think it is outside the realm of possibilities that we could see him climbing better than Contador.
Contador was obviously off-form, at about 4-5% from his perfect preparation. Is it so difficult to understand??! You have absolutely no clue.
Old 12-26-12, 18:33

Quote:
Schleck at his best (from what we have seen) can climb as well as Contador, I don't think it is outside the realm of possibilities that we could see him climbing better than Contador.
I think it is
Old 12-26-12, 18:55

Quote:
I'm not desperate at all, just pointing out where Schleck gained time in the 2010 Tour. I wasn't using stage 12 of the 2011 (not 2012) Tour as proof that Schleck will win either, again just pointing out where Contador got dropped.

Just because Schleck hasn't beaten Contador in the past, doesn't mean that it is completely impossible to beat him, a lot can happen. It is not common sense that Contador will win everything no matter what, that is imagination on your part. Schleck at his best (from what we have seen) can climb as well as Contador, I don't think it is outside the realm of possibilities that we could see him climbing better than Contador.
Please enlighten me, when did we see Schleck doing anything on par against Contador at his best?

Ask the people in the forum who they think is the better climber. Btw also ask who is the better descender, TT,...

Btw you point out a cobblestone-stage where time-changes occured after a fall in the peloten so obviously you're desperate. And Contador btw had a flat tire at the end.

Until now Contador has beaten Schleck always. How am i using my imagination that it'll keep happen? Especially knowing Schleck will lack serious rythm (it won't hurt much but every detail counts)

What are your facts? "You never know?" Is that all you got?

Who is using their imagination here?

If you think Schleck will do better, you're just being a fanboy. Nothing wrong with it but don't deny it

Last edited by Miburo; 12-26-12 at 18:57.
Old 12-26-12, 19:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream
The Giro hardness is opponents and contention primarily and only then parcours. The contention was away. What's the use of parcours when they rode Fedaia and Finestre like a slightly intensive training?

Not necessarily. One can crush harshly and fly over the cobbles on the next day.
Have you ever tackled any of these climbs? Have you ever tackled any of the climbs the GT's call Hors Category?? Do you have any concept of what it takes to get up some these climbs, whether you are a top rider or not?? To suggest that these riders rode them at a training pace is simply naive.

Do you understand what it takes to hit the cobbles in Paris Roubaix at upwards of 50KPH, do you understand what it takes for us mere mortals to ride the cobbles at 20kph???

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
These words from anashamed contador fanboy only underline how i am right.

no clue? we can discuss this in details. I can be accused of many things but not in the fact i don't understand anything in the sport.
Yes I am a bit of a fanboy, of Contador yes, of cycling absolutely and for many many years. If you feel that your knowledge of this sport is complete then why spout off some of the gibberish you do??

If you believe what you have written your naivety is staggering.

Go and ride in the Alps or the Dolimiti or Belguim or North East France or the Ardennes, then come back and tell us how you can soft tap up Passo Fedaia or the Colle delle Finestre (they have earned their full names) in a GT and still win!

www.justcycling.myfastforum.org