Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Schleck vs Contador in 2013
Alberto Contador 71 77.17%
Andy Schleck 13 14.13%
Other, for those who never vote but like to click buttons. 8 8.70%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-24-12, 13:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
astonishing blindness. do you draw any line between desired and real things? get ready for global dissapointment, fans of strong cycling feelings. damn why only contador provokes madness?
I think you will need to stock up on the tissue and Andy highlight footage for you to make it through "The Continued Fall of Andy Schleck 2.0" that 2013 will be. Either that or you can continue your bandwagon jumping and make the move to a real winner like Contador, that way you will at least have an argument and rider that you actually win with and for.
Old 12-24-12, 13:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angliru View Post
I think you will need to stock up on the tissue and Andy highlight footage for you to make it through "The Continued Fall of Andy Schleck 2.0" that 2013 will be. Either that or you can continue your bandwagon jumping and make the move to a real winner like Contador, that way you will at least have an argument and rider that you actually win with and for.
He'll bandwagon Froome but that will stop when...euh wait when is the first mountain stage in the tour?
Old 12-24-12, 13:33
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angliru View Post
What argument one should have to think Contador will not win the Tour? Or there persons are crazy by default?
Old 12-24-12, 13:41

Quote:
What argument one should have to think Contador will not win the Tour? Or there persons are crazy by default?
You trying to get serious all of a sudden? Did I offend you in some way? I thought this was all in jest?

Anything is possible, including Contador losing the Tour although that wasn't the topic of our conversation, at least that's what I thought. I thought we were talking about who would have the better season between Contador and Andy Schleck.
Old 12-24-12, 13:56
Banned

I don't know what bandwagon means. Apparently I should support someone only according to Angliru's and Miburo's algorithm
Old 12-24-12, 15:40

Quote:
I don't know what bandwagon means. Apparently I should support someone only according to Angliru's and Miburo's algorithm
I'm just kidding with you about your seemingly neverending shifting allegiances. When I use "bandwagon" that's all that it means. I'm just teasing you but I'll stop if it bothers you.
Old 12-24-12, 15:50

Andy of course, he is tha man!
Old 12-24-12, 17:09

Whomever wins the tour will have the better season. That's likely the only real objective of both this year. It's the prestigious 100 edition and both, especially contador, know that they must defeat sky in order to demonstrate dominance. As airstream has stated many times Froome is really an unknown quantity whom they both fear
Old 12-24-12, 19:44
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contadoraus Schlecks View Post
Whomever wins the tour will have the better season. That's likely the only real objective of both this year. It's the prestigious 100 edition and both, especially contador, know that they must defeat sky in order to demonstrate dominance. As airstream has stated many times Froome is really an unknown quantity whom they both fear
As much as I would love to see a new Tour contender amongst existing ones, I don't think Froome is the guy (yet).
He probably has the required physical ability, but races like a dilettante.
I don't think Schleck and Contador are too afraid of him, if at all.
Their only concern should be their own form.
Old 12-24-12, 20:04

Froome got second last year while working for Wiggins and losing time on one of the earlier stages. He can win the Tour as strange as it may sound for a rider that no one heard of in 2011.

Contador was a bit too worried with Froome during the Vuelta. But he'll be more confident for next year.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week