Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-24-12, 18:36
manafana's Avatar
manafana manafana is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,761
Default Best Young Pro Tour Riders to watch in 2013 (read orignal post for criteria)

I noticed their was a thread for juniors to watch, but not for protour riders who could break out in 2013.

Me and my friends have had a discussion, and after bit of thinking started looking for riders under 25, who have yet to win a Protour Stage or Overall and will ride the Pro Tour this season.

One i am wiaiting to break out is Romain SIcard he has been talked up alot and some of his form looks top notch.

Salvatore Puccio is interesting now in 2nd year as pro with sky who must surely have liked his potential with flecha gone he will play stronger role in the classic season.

Thinking of others now, their is a few Spaniards that come to mind would love hear if anyone has anyone else they would put in the list. Prehaps Wilco Kelderman


Joe Dombrowski joins sky and is on giro longlist for the team


Betancur will be riding for ag2r this season after strong 2012
__________________
SBB Columns looks at the Hell of the North



Brabantse Pijl 2014 Cycling Preview

Last edited by manafana; 01-03-13 at 05:51.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-24-12, 18:37
will10's Avatar
will10 will10 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,981
Default

Might be better to start this thread once the CQ game has closed for 2013
__________________
Quote:
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-24-12, 19:35
gustienordic's Avatar
gustienordic gustienordic is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Minnesota.
Posts: 1,114
Default

Thread already exists:

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=19217
__________________
Moser fanboy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine Seguros View Post
Colombia is a world of totally alien wonder, a bit like putting the Amish in the control room at NASA.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-24-12, 20:10
AntonioRossi AntonioRossi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manafana View Post

One i am wiaiting to break out is Romain SIcard he has been talked up alot and some of his form looks top notch.

.
Sicard? Really? He has been talked up a lot for the last 4 years. Nothing has happened so far. Plus he turns 25 in 2 weeks. Cant call him that young anymore
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-24-12, 20:17
El Pistolero's Avatar
El Pistolero El Pistolero is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 14,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioRossi View Post
Sicard? Really? He has been talked up a lot for the last 4 years. Nothing has happened so far. Plus he turns 25 in 2 weeks. Cant call him that young anymore
No worries. Froome and JTL were older before they broke through.

Romain Sicard hasn't had the best luck so far in his career either.

--

I'm looking forward to Pieter Serry. Next year will be his first year in a WT team. I also hope Matteo Trentin develops further as a classics rider.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week

Last edited by El Pistolero; 12-24-12 at 20:20.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-24-12, 20:30
Gloin22 Gloin22 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
No worries. Froome and JTL were older before they broke through.

Romain Sicard hasn't had the best luck so far in his career either.

--

I'm looking forward to Pieter Serry. Next year will be his first year in a WT team. I also hope Matteo Trentin develops further as a classics rider.
Gotta agree, looking forward Serry possibly leading in Ardennes classic. Can't see Trentin given a lead in any big race, but boy he has the talent. If not that helicopter at MSR, it would have been sucha perfect debut in such a massive race for him.

Anyway, Dombrowski will ride Oman, Tirreno, Trentino and ... Giro! What a schedule for neo-pro. And I would plenty of chances to shine for him too.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-24-12, 20:33
El Pistolero's Avatar
El Pistolero El Pistolero is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 14,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloin22 View Post
Gotta agree, looking forward Serry possibly leading in Ardennes classic. Can't see Trentin given a lead in any big race, but boy he has the talent. If not that helicopter at MSR, it would have been sucha perfect debut in such a massive race for him.

Anyway, Dombrowski will ride Oman, Tirreno, Trentino and ... Giro! What a schedule for neo-pro. And I would plenty of chances to shine for him too.
Yeah, forgot about him. Don't really know him that well, but there's been lot's of talk about him here, so I'm curious as to how he'll do.

Pretty heavy program for a neo pro though. I could be wrong, but I don't think even Sagan rode a GT in his first year.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-24-12, 20:36
AntonioRossi AntonioRossi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
No worries. Froome and JTL were older before they broke through.

Romain Sicard hasn't had the best luck so far in his career either.

--

I'm looking forward to Pieter Serry. Next year will be his first year in a WT team. I also hope Matteo Trentin develops further as a classics rider.
Agreed. Luck hasnt been on his side so far.

Im looking forward to seeing trentin's team mate, vermote. He won the 3 days of west flanders only because kwiatkowski crashed. So I still consider him as a rider who could break out. But yes Serry should be a good one to watch.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-24-12, 20:40
El Pistolero's Avatar
El Pistolero El Pistolero is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 14,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioRossi View Post
Agreed. Luck hasnt been on his side so far.

Im looking forward to seeing trentin's team mate, vermote. He won the 3 days of west flanders only because kwiatkowski crashed. So I still consider him as a rider who could break out. But yes Serry should be a good one to watch.
Vermote was very strong at the National Championships. Broke away with Boonen and some other riders at around 40km to go and did most of the work in the small group. He was very strong that day.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-24-12, 21:31
King Of The Wolds King Of The Wolds is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 893
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloin22 View Post
Anyway, Dombrowski will ride Oman, Tirreno, Trentino and ... Giro! What a schedule for neo-pro. And I would plenty of chances to shine for him too.
Where did this info come from? Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.