Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 01-05-13, 15:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
Come on, you know why El Pisti doesn't think Qatar is a boring race...

Oman is indeed the one that should be shown live, however due to censure it won't happen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_5Q8sQumrc

Because Boonen beat some horrible Dutch rider?

You're so right.

Yeah, I prefer watching Qatar over the horrible stage race that Paris-Nice has become.

Oman live? Reading the race reports are boring enough already.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week

Last edited by El Pistolero; 01-05-13 at 15:24.
Old 01-05-13, 15:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rick View Post
Lol, Cav the GT champ
Hell, I think ASO could outsource the road job for TdF and move 20 stages to the middle east, ending the show with a super sprint on Champs-Elysees.
Old 01-05-13, 15:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
Tell me a stage race that isn't predictable lol.
well, we wouldn't want to try change that. 6 more flat stages.
Old 01-05-13, 15:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed and Confused View Post
well, we wouldn't want to try change that. 6 more flat stages.
As opposed to 11 uphill finishes in the Vuelta?

I'd rather watch some echelon racing then thank you very much.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Old 01-05-13, 16:06

Quote:
As opposed to 11 uphill finishes in the Vuelta?

I'd rather watch some echelon racing then thank you very much.
ah yes black or white.
Old 01-05-13, 16:08

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_5Q8sQumrc

Because Boonen beat some horrible Dutch rider?

You're so right.
Here we go again with the Dutch obsession. I can't bother to watch, probably Tom Veelers or something?

Who was the no-name Dutch rider who won there a few years ago? That guy from Vacansoleil. Says enough about the value or importance of this race. Heck, Mark Renshaw won it.

Quote:
Yeah, I prefer watching Qatar over the horrible stage race that Paris-Nice has become.
Lol, you clearly don't enjoy cycling. Paris-Nice has echelons as well, plus climbs, sprints, TTs, rain, sun, breakaway stages... all in one race.

Quote:
Oman live? Reading the race reports are boring enough already.
Oman is just a more entertaining race than Qatar, purely because of the undulations in the course. A bit more variation.
Old 01-05-13, 16:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
Here we go again with the Dutch obsession. I can't bother to watch, probably Tom Veelers or something?
Hilarious, you come in here saying I only like this race because a Belgian wins and you call me obsessed. You have some Calimero issues to get over.

Quote:
Who was the no-name Dutch rider who won there a few years ago? That guy from Vacansoleil. Says enough about the value or importance of this race. Heck, Mark Renshaw won it.
Yeah, from a breakaway. Oscar Pereiro won the Tour de France thanks to a breakaway. Does it also say enough about the value or importance of this race? Or only when it suits your argument? So what if Renshaw won it? Oliver Zaugg won Lombardia, Iglinsky won LBL, Nick Nuyens/Devolder won the Ronde, Nibali won the Vuelta(against Peter Velits of all people).

Quote:
Lol, you clearly don't enjoy cycling. Paris-Nice has echelons as well, plus climbs, sprints, TTs, rain, sun, breakaway stages... all in one race.
I thought you just said I only liked Qatar because a Belgian won it? Now you're claiming I don't appreciate Paris-Nice even though a Belgian won the echelon stage(and the breakaway stage for that matter).

News fact for you, the last 2 editions of Paris-Nice have been boring. Dull course decided 90% in the time trial. Uphill climb in Mende was about the only decent thing this year's edition had. And it was won by a nobody à la Mark Renshaw.

The echelon stage was probably great to watch, especially because Boonen originally missed the right echelon and had to race back à la Cipollini in G-W, but it all happened before the live broadcast.

Quote:
Oman is just a more entertaining race than Qatar, purely because of the undulations in the course. A bit more variation.
Yeah, that's why all stages end in a sprint except Green Mountain.

Something else you'd like to add? I wonder why you're defending the Tour of Oman, but I think everyone knows why.
Quote:

Last edited by El Pistolero; 01-05-13 at 16:36.
Old 01-05-13, 16:42

Quote:
Hilarious, you come in here saying I only like this race because a Belgian wins and you call me obsessed. You have some Calimero issues to get over.
The fact is: I don't think this race is boring because Boonen tends to win it, I think it's boring because I like echelons but not six stages in a row or whatever. Whereas you love it because Boonen wins. Don't deny it, imagine if Cancellara won that race every year in the same way. You'd love it

Quote:
Yeah, from a breakaway. Oscar Pereiro won the Tour de France thanks to a breakaway. Does it also say enough about the value or importance of this race? Or only when it suits your argument? So what if Renshaw won it? Oliver Zaugg won Lombardia, Iglinsky won LBL, Nick Nuyens/Devolder won the Ronde, Nibali won the Vuelta(against Peter Velits of all people).
You really don't get it, do you? You think everyone is a chauvinist like you are, that's why I give you the example of a Dutchman who won it, and how little I care about that. I can't even remember the guy's name. I also don't care how he won it, the fact is he did.

Quote:
I thought you just said I only liked Qatar because a Belgian won it? Now you're claiming I don't appreciate Paris-Nice even though a Belgian won the echelon stage(and the breakaway stage for that matter)
Question: what was better about Qatar vs. that echelon stage in Paris-Nice? Apart from the fact that in Paris-Nice it was the only echelon stage.

Quote:
News fact for you, the last 2 editions of Paris-Nice have been boring. Dull course decided 90% in the time trial. Uphill climb in Mende was about the only decent thing this year's edition had. And it was won by a nobody la Mark Renshaw.
Lol, talk about a Calimero complex. That was a good stage, indeed won by a surprising winner. Unlike 90% of the stages in Qatar.

Quote:
The echelon stage was probably great to watch, especially because Boonen originally missed the right echelon and had to race back la Cipollini in G-W, but it all happened before the live broadcast.
It was great because of Boonen? Well that's a surprise...

Quote:
Yeah, that's why all stages end in a sprint except Green Mountain.
They do, but the way the sprints are reached is a bit more varied than echelons-more echelons-sprint-Boonen wins.
Old 01-05-13, 16:45

Tour of Oman is 5 bunch sprints(some more selective than others, but still bunch sprints) and one "mountain" stage.

You smell of chauvinism yet you're too ashamed to admit it. Love it. You know cheering for your own countrymen isn't a terrible disease you know. You're not really insulting me when calling me chauvinistic. I'm glad I'm born here instead of some poor country.

I like good racing, whether that's on a flat stage or a mountain stage, I don't care.

At the Tour of Oman nothing happens except one stage. You're only defending this race because Gesink won it, get over yourself.
Quote:
Old 01-05-13, 16:54

Sigh... discussion is pointless. Yes, I love Oman because Gesink won it.

Anyway, unlike you I hope the Tour of Dubai won't be only flat echelon stages.