Cycling Commentators/Experts Frustations - Page 3 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 01-06-13, 11:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Soldier View Post
Was 5th(/4th) in the 2010 tour too.

But to stay on topic: In general I'm rather pleased with the Sporza commentators. They tend to be a bit too patriotic sometimes, but I guess most of the Belgian viewers prefer to hear about the Belgian riders.

When there's no Sporza coverage (which luckily is almost never) for races I want to see, I sometimes watch Dutch Eurosport. I can honestly say I was shocked the first time I listened to those noobs. (tbh: last time I watched, it was rather good though...)
The Eurosport NL/VL commentators aren't that bad. They know quite a lot, but their problem is they're boring as hell most of the time.
Old 01-06-13, 11:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentacycle View Post
The Eurosport NL/VL commentators aren't that bad. They know quite a lot, but their problem is they're boring as hell most of the time.
Their stupid prize contests are also very irritating.
Old 01-06-13, 11:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP Blanco View Post
A drunk Mart Smeets during Paris-Nice 2011.
To be fair, Paris-Nice 2011 could well have caused anybody other than Bavarianrider or blood relatives of Tony Martin and Andreas Klden to turn to drink.

Forever tte de la course.
Old 01-06-13, 11:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine Seguros View Post
To be fair, Paris-Nice 2011 could well have caused anybody other than Bavarianrider or blood relatives of Tony Martin and Andreas Klden to turn to drink.
You're right but you should be sober when you are working.
Old 01-06-13, 11:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP Blanco View Post
You're right but you should be sober when you are working.
Was Jean Nelissen ever sober?
Old 01-06-13, 11:42

I remember that L. Van Impe said in 2009 that Cancellara could win the tour
Old 01-06-13, 11:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
Was Jean Nelissen ever sober?
But he is on top of the Olympus. Zeus could get away with rape and kidnapping, Jean with drinking.
Old 01-06-13, 11:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
I remember that L. Van Impe said in 2009 that Cancellara could win the tour
There was serious discussion going on about that back then. Lose a few kilos and he should be good to go. After all, he won the amazingly hard Tour de Suisse.
Old 01-06-13, 11:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
There was serious discussion going on about that back then. Lose a few kilos and he should be good to go. After all, he won the amazingly hard Tour de Suisse.
The amazingly hard Tour de Suisse that had the easier side of Serfaus and the easiest side of Crans-Montana as summit finishes along with a longish ITT?

At the same time, with the route of the 2009 Tour it wouldn't have been too surprising. I think Sean Kelly also had a chaque Cancellara might have done a good GC that year.

Forever tte de la course.
Old 01-06-13, 11:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Anthony Tan is so sickening people on this forum generally slam anyone who even brings him up. And i apologize in advance.

He presents ozzie tdf coverage with some other bonehead

I remember 1 comment was that Cadel Evans would comfortably put 4 minutes into Samuel Sanchez in the 2011 tt. I mean natiohnal cycling expert, you cant make this stuff up.

glackar is wiggins ghost writer (well 1 of them) . Lots of the stupdity he comes up with is clinic (eg the only reason British riders werent winning the Tour de France in the 90's and 2000's was because British riders dont take drugs like everyone else).

But since this the road section, his rabobank folding article was memorable. He wrote that they won x ammount of tdf stages " the last of which came when Luis Leon Sanchez won into Saint-Flour in 2011". - apologies if you banged your head against your desk like i did.

He also said before the Vuelta that Froome has to win the Vuelta in order to have any claim at leading the Tour in 2013.
So in other words beat Froome when he is under orders not beat you>>>>> beat Contador on a mountain fest, while off form because you just spend your season peak domestiquing for someone at the Tour :
The trouble with Tan is he is not suited to television and every single comment sounds like it could have been said by anyone else. For a guy who has been around the sport for quite a while you would think he had something interesting to to say sometimes but often it's made worse by the stupid questions he is asked.