Most overambitious rider? - Page 2 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 01-08-13, 14:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by search View Post
is Devolder still aiming to win the Tour de France?
Lol, it's fun to watch cycling videos from a few years ago and watch Devolder climbing like an angel. Maybe reunited with Dirk Demol his hopes of winning the Tour are kept alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed and Confused View Post
I find Goss's ambitions to be a tier 1 sprinter (flat stage) quite tough to reach. Too much competition. Can still win a race/stage here and there as they are in plenty supply however.
There was a time when Cav said the only guy he feared in a sprint was Matt Goss. I'm not sure that's still the case though.
Old 01-08-13, 14:40

VDB2 aiming to achieve podium in the tour

I guess Contador winning the 3 GT's in 1 year, well that 'was' his goal but i bet it's still his goal
Old 01-08-13, 14:44

Tyler Farrar's ambition to win much at all (at least against anyone who matters). I saw a media comment a while back that "It was yet to be decided whether Farrar or Cavendish would ultimately be regarded as the best sprinters of their generation". Well, for me (and for many others, I suspect) it is decided.
Old 01-08-13, 15:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by serfla View Post
How about Purito's ambition to win the Tour?
More sense in Fuglsang's top 10 wish, than in Purito's Yellow dream, IMO.
Not sure. He knows it will be practically impossible, but he just wants to try it, because it's probably one of the last times he could actually try.
Old 01-08-13, 15:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netserk View Post
Hushovd. I guess he will want to be a captain... He is ****!
Really? He has reached most of his goals, and in others he's been really close several times. It's not like he's being completely unrealistic when he says he wants to win P-R...

Maybe Haussler should be mentioned, the last 3 years he's constantly talked about winning monuments, worlds etc but in reality he has hardly won anything at all.
Old 01-08-13, 15:26

Lance - for thinking he's going to race again competitively..
Old 01-08-13, 15:37
Banned

Rujano, Pozzato
Old 01-08-13, 15:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by serfla View Post
How about Purito's ambition to win the Tour?
More sense in Fuglsang's top 10 wish, than in Purito's Yellow dream, IMO.
Seconded.
10 ch
Old 01-08-13, 15:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltiv View Post
Really? He has reached most of his goals, and in others he's been really close several times. It's not like he's being completely unrealistic when he says he wants to win P-R...

Maybe Haussler should be mentioned, the last 3 years he's constantly talked about winning monuments, worlds etc but in reality he has hardly won anything at all.
I know Hushovd talks about winning P-R, but I have yet to see him try... For me he is the impersonation of riding for 2nd place

I guess I just don't like him (in fact I hate him)
When a rider refuses to take a pull even though it is tactically and/or strategically more sound to take a pull
*Refusing to pull when it is tactically and/or strategically more sound not to is therefore not wheelsucking
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up
Old 01-08-13, 16:13

Well, he's been second and third already and he actually didn't wheelsuck all the time in Roubaix 2011 like some people are claiming. Plus he had a team-mate up front.

If he didn't have a team-mate up front he would've ridden away with Ballan and Cancellara. Cancellara wouldn't be able to surprise attack them in a small group like that, so Hushovd would've had a great shot at winning Roubaix there.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week