2013 Giro D'Italia Field Discussion - Page 25 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2013 Giro?
Wiggins 137 35.31%
Nibali 140 36.08%
Gesink 26 6.70%
Hesjedal 28 7.22%
Sanchez 12 3.09%
Basso/Scarponi 7 1.80%
Rujano 3 0.77%
Cobo/Capecchi/Intxausti 9 2.32%
A Colombian 10 2.58%
Other/Garzelli 16 4.12%
Voters: 388. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-13, 15:32

henao will be the last man, certinaly not porte
Old 01-18-13, 15:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
henao will be the last man, certinaly not porte
No doubt about that if he does. But Porte's is good all roudner and will prove very useful allround in both Tour or Giro, whichever they pick for him.
Old 01-18-13, 16:46

Wiggins, Henao, Porte, Kyrienka, Cataldo, Lopez, Dombrowski is clearly a farcical level of resource so I would be surprised to see more than 5 of those names actually at the Giro.
Old 01-18-13, 17:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloin22 View Post
Well I don't think so personally. Froome is best friend of Porte ( not that it matters much, but it might a little ) and I think Porte will be given lead in WT stage races plus Tour. We'll see I guess.

He said he wanted to do Giro. Never said he will There's a difference.
I saw and interview where Porte said Wiggins gets the best out of him, or words to that effect. He's probably too close to Froome.
Old 01-18-13, 18:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterloo Sunrise View Post
Wiggins, Henao, Porte, Kyrienka, Cataldo, Lopez, Dombrowski is clearly a farcical level of resource so I would be surprised to see more than 5 of those names actually at the Giro.
all of those will do the giro I'm sure of and most of them are already confirmed: kiriyenka, henao, catadlo, lopez, wiggins and do,browski, only porte isn't 100% confirmed yet but he thinks he will do the giro
Old 01-18-13, 19:34

Your use of the terms sure, certain, knowledge and truth always were a little looser than the average however.
Old 01-18-13, 19:57

I am sure those 6 are certs in the team too. I also strongly think that Pate will be doing it. As well as Kennaugh.
Old 01-18-13, 20:28

Quote:
I am sure those 6 are certs in the team too. I also strongly think that Pate will be doing it. As well as Kennaugh.
Well it could certainly use a rouleur or 2, so imagine Pate is likely. Knees and Eisel spent many a mile on the front of the peloton on the flat in last year's Tour riding for Brad, so I'd have thought they'd go for another strong rider for the flats also - Eisel or Knees again, or Thomas or Stannard. I know Brad's fond of both Knees and Thomas, so I imagine one will be there.
Old 01-18-13, 20:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Of The Wolds View Post
Well it could certainly use a rouleur or 2, so imagine Pate is likely. Knees and Eisel spent many a mile on the front of the peloton on the flat in last year's Tour riding for Brad, so I'd have thought they'd go for another strong rider for the flats also - Eisel or Knees again, or Thomas or Stannard. I know Brad's fond of both Knees and Thomas, so I imagine one will be there.
Unliekely.

Thomas, Knees & Eisel are all sets for Tour. No doubt about that. I also think Stannard might be given his Tour debut. But out of the 4 he's most likely to do Giro.

Pate and Kennaugh are great flat roulers. No need for more than them tbh.
Old 01-18-13, 21:07

Quote:
Unliekely.

Thomas, Knees & Eisel are all sets for Tour. No doubt about that. I also think Stannard might be given his Tour debut. But out of the 4 he's most likely to do Giro.

Pate and Kennaugh are great flat roulers. No need for more than them tbh.
Kennaugh is more natural on climbs than Brad will ever be
Closed Thread