Denis Menchov: True Russian Hero, and greatest cyclist in Lance Armstrong era. - Page 2 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-13, 11:15

Putin better step up and hand over a Gosdacha and a couple of medals.

Old 01-15-13, 11:39

I think a grand tour of Russia would be interesting. Riders disappearing during the race..............never to be seen again. Drink bottles spiked with polonium and riders queueing at feed zones to pay for exorbitantly priced food and drinks and also paying tolls to cross railway tracks. Just retire Dennis, write your book and spill your guts like all the others. They will need a new section in book stores soon.
Old 01-15-13, 11:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtarget View Post
I think a grand tour of Russia would be interesting. Riders disappearing during the race..............never to be seen again. Drink bottles spiked with polonium and riders queueing at feed zones to pay for exorbitantly priced food and drinks and also paying tolls to cross railway tracks. Just retire Dennis, write your book and spill your guts like all the others. They will need a new section in book stores soon.
Dope, make money. Write a book to confess, and make more money.

Seems legit
Old 01-15-13, 11:48

I think he means Vino

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Old 01-15-13, 11:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino attacks everyone View Post
I think he means Vino
Never have I seen journalists more lost for words than at the at the end of the Olympic Road Race. Not sure what was funnier their reaction or the Colombian's look behind. I have to admit that Vino was so entertaining, it was hard to stay angry at him unlike some of the others. Of course Vino has nothing to confess ! It was all a misunderstanding.
Old 01-15-13, 12:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtarget View Post
Never have I seen journalists more lost for words than at the at the end of the Olympic Road Race. Not sure what was funnier their reaction or the Colombian's look behind. I have to admit that Vino was so entertaining, it was hard to stay angry at him unlike some of the others. Of course Vino has nothing to confess ! It was all a misunderstanding.
It was a spanish conspiracy the whole tour 07. First they pushed him som he fell. Then they finished him off with faking his blood samples. And finished the whole tour of with getting the chicken thrown out so AC could win. It is pretty clear what happend if you ask me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Old 01-15-13, 12:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by will10 View Post
If Menchov survives to retirement without a suspension for Vienna or Mantova he should consider himself luckier than even Mr. Teflon himself, Andreas Kloden.
he was never involved in vienna, never heard of that one at least. those were weening, boogerd, rasmussen and thomas dekker.

and the mantova case isn't even a case but a joke and all they have is taxfraud. boohoo...

not saying menchov was clean, but he's as clean as anyone else in the peloton pretty much
Old 01-15-13, 12:11

lance took away from him at least 7 tours, at least...

gotta say denis will end his career like another silent legend,tonkov, maybe one or two stage victories and that's it.
but denis would never make rude gestures like him

by the way,in the photo,pavel is saluting lance of course who took away many of his wins. lance was such a nasty boy.
Old 01-15-13, 12:40

tonkov actually rode like a hero. menchov only did when he was very young. at rabo he became a cowardly disgrace of a cyclist that would basically never attack
Old 01-15-13, 12:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
tonkov actually rode like a hero. menchov only did when he was very young. at rabo he became a cowardly disgrace of a cyclist that would basically never attack
I recall one attack at least on Alpe d'Huez in 2008. Of course it failed (he somehow crashed on wet pavement in a turn) but I'm certain there were others. He is a cautious rider that limits his losses, like so many others. I wouldn't necessarily categorize that as cowardly. More like riding within his means.