Pro Cycling Manager - anyone played it - Page 84 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Games and Fantasy Cycling

Games and Fantasy Cycling Come in and talk about betting, computer games and cycling simulations, and your office's or online fantasy cycling leagues.

Old 03-30-12, 07:18

There's also a very good guide here : http://pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread...hread_id=19662

And a great tips section with videos how to do well in mountains, set up sprints trains etc. : http://pcmdaily.com/tipstricks.php
Old 04-02-12, 12:56

Problem Alert!

I play the RSM 2009, and played 5 seasons. Now at the World Championships 2013 i have to elect riders i want to ride in the worlds. But when i go to the "nationalteam page", the riders are not there anymore to elect. Itīs completely emty. I also can not forward the season, b/c the game donīt let me simulate the race until i have elected riders for my national team. Basically it seems to be the end of the game. Itīs hard to accept, after finishing 4 times as runner up in the TdF to Contador, my plan was to go for the TdF-Win in 2014!

Does someone had similar problems? How did you solve this problem? Is there a possibility to go back to a earlier part of the season when this "national team bug" wasnīt there? Basically, does the computer have saved files of the game? Can those be uploaded?

Thanks in advance. It would be too bad to have to start all over again.

BTW, my rider who finished 4 times 2nd in a row to Contador is Gesink. In my 2013 season (where later the bug happened) i lost by 8 seconds. Like the famous 1989-Fignon-TdF, i lost yellow on the last time trial. History repeats even in computer games.
Old 04-02-12, 16:48

I think the best thing to do is send Dekker_Tifosi a pm should he not read this, he is the PCM wizard on this forum !

Pretty nice job on the four 2nd places in the Tour, I always end around place 3 or 4 with Gesink
Old 04-02-12, 17:39

Get across to PCMDaily and ask there, not heard of that problem before though.
Old 04-02-12, 18:17

me neither sorry
Old 04-02-12, 18:34

Ok, thanks all. I was going to a german forum. At least it was heard there, that after many seasons the 09 game just "bugs". I might have been a victim of this. But there is hope: I also heard that the 11 version is stable, and that DBīs from older versions can be copied into the 11 version. I might buy the 11 version and start all over again to finally beat AC
Old 04-02-12, 18:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havetts View Post
I think the best thing to do is send Dekker_Tifosi a pm should he not read this, he is the PCM wizard on this forum !

Pretty nice job on the four 2nd places in the Tour, I always end around place 3 or 4 with Gesink
It felt like Ullrich. Every year the same. Finally i almost got AC, if not that final 47 km ITT, where i also made the mistake to put one point to less energy for half of the stage. My mistake... 8 seconds
Old 04-02-12, 19:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloin22 View Post
This is the best method to go to front of the bunch/ mountains. Dont attack, use the dot and then try to attack in last 2km maybe or preserve energy for sprint. R
I always just use the dot (no extra effort needed) to move all my protected riders to just behind the head of the peloton at the very beginning of the race/stage. The domestiques move up by virtue of their slavish obedience to the command to protect. No-one breaks un-noticed, no split in the field leaves me stranded. Need to be careful to send for water in relatively flat phases of the race, but otherwise serves me well. Is this cheating?

Last edited by Armchair cyclist; 04-02-12 at 19:17. Reason: don't need the pick
Old 04-02-12, 20:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair cyclist View Post
I always just use the dot (no extra effort needed) to move all my protected riders to just behind the head of the peloton at the very beginning of the race/stage. The domestiques move up by virtue of their slavish obedience to the command to protect. No-one breaks un-noticed, no split in the field leaves me stranded. Need to be careful to send for water in relatively flat phases of the race, but otherwise serves me well. Is this cheating?
Not really, AI gets massive bonuses tbh. If you play on extreme AI gets +4 on each stats ( e.g if your riders has 80 in Moutntain, AI rider with 76 MO is same as you are if you get me ) On hard it's +2 and on normal it's 0. So on extreme and hard without dot you dont stand a chance. On normal you are not that dependant on it but because the PCM is still kinda bugged as attacking on steep parts is a waste, then the dot is the only way to play it right. Hope they fix the attacking on steep mountains/hills in next version though.
Old 04-03-12, 15:07

Is there any way to update rosters and teams without downloading those huuge files??