2013 Santos Tour Down Under Stage 3: Unley -> Stirling , 139km - Page 8 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 01-24-13, 05:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHRH19861986 View Post
Right, sorry, I forgot he joined them.

They, however, will want to build a Dutch leader, especially for AGR, anyways.
And Mollema. Forgot about him as well.
Old 01-24-13, 05:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
And Mollema. Forgot about him as well.
Anyways, I think none of all them weve mentioned has the characteristics of an Erik Dekker; they are rather GC hopefuls. Maybe Blanco (or how they are called after 2013) will have to sign Kreder (the one who won two stages in Tour Med last year) one day, provided he continues to develop as Vaughters is predicting.
Old 01-24-13, 05:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHRH19861986 View Post
Anyways, I think none of all them weve mentioned has the characteristics of an Erik Dekker; they are rather GC hopefuls. Maybe Blanco (or how they are called after 2013) will have to sign Kreder (the one who won two stages in Tour Med last year) one day, provided he continues to develop as Vaughters is predicting.
Michel Kreder has never been anywhere near the front of a biggish race. He doesn't have the engine.
Old 01-24-13, 06:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferminal View Post
They actually have an AGR contender in him, instead of sending Gesink pretending he will get a result.
Well they allready realised that since Gesink isn't riding any Ardennes classics this year since he said he didn't get any good results in it anyways.
Old 01-24-13, 07:39

Great news to wake up to, the Butcher with his first pro win Willunga hill just gonna be a formality now.
Old 01-24-13, 07:58

Slagter slaughtered them
Old 01-24-13, 08:04

Good to see Goss hitting some form.
Still opportunities ahead.
Old 01-24-13, 08:10
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by markene2 View Post
I am actualy starting to like Machadao now ...
well, the "machado will attack" joke didn't came out of nowhere. he has always been a extremely aggressive rider. a shame he always mistimes his attacks and/or lacks the legs to finish it of.

today was another great show of great tactical sense by him, attacking 46k from the finish

btw he just posted this on facebook:
Quote:
Dia bem duro, mas consegui terminar com o mesmo tempo do vencedor! Ainda tentei a minha sorte perto do final, atacando a cerca de 5km do final Sendo apanhado já dentro dos últimos 2km!!! As sensações foram boas, mas os adversários estão fortes! Há que continuar lutando...
"tough day, but i still managed to finish with the same time as the winner. i tried my luck near the end attacking 5k from the line but ended up getting caught inside the last 2. the sensations were good but the adversaries are strong. got to keep fighting. . ."

i predict attacking from 100k out on willunga

Last edited by Parrulo; 01-24-13 at 08:15.
Old 01-24-13, 08:57

Goss 2nd! What a shocker!
Old 01-24-13, 09:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
well, the "machado will attack" joke didn't came out of nowhere. he has always been a extremely aggressive rider. a shame he always mistimes his attacks and/or lacks the legs to finish it of.

today was another great show of great tactical sense by him, attacking 46k from the finish

btw he just posted this on facebook:

"tough day, but i still managed to finish with the same time as the winner. i tried my luck near the end attacking 5k from the line but ended up getting caught inside the last 2. the sensations were good but the adversaries are strong. got to keep fighting. . ."

i predict attacking from 100k out on willunga
It wasn't a bad attack (the last one at least) but it was always going to be a sprint. The field is just waiting for a guy like that to get in front and act as a target.