2013 Tirreno - Adriatico - Page 3 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 01-28-13, 18:19
Miburo's Avatar
Miburo Miburo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,653
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
If Froome does come, he will have as much as a 30 second headstart over Contador. Can Contador take that back on the mtf? Maybe. I think they will be equal in the itt.

That said Froome said he has his yearly bilharzia, + hes never done anything in a week stage race, so I dont think he will be going for the win.
****ing TTT...

Hopefully 20 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
froome has no chance. he suffers again from that parasite virus
Well i don't think he'll go FTW, i hope he does though. I want an all out battle And then Nibali.

This should be awesome

Last edited by Miburo; 01-28-13 at 18:22.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-28-13, 18:20
Jason_Mercier's Avatar
Jason_Mercier Jason_Mercier is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the asian View Post
Froome has Bilharzia this year too? .
...........
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-28-13, 18:21
LaFlorecita's Avatar
LaFlorecita LaFlorecita is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 15,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
If Froome does come, he will have as much as a 30 second headstart over Contador. Can Contador take that back on the mtf? Maybe. I think they will be equal in the itt.

That said Froome said he has his yearly bilharzia, + hes never done anything in a week stage race, so I dont think he will be going for the win.
30 second in a 17 km ttt... besides Alberto will have a good team for ttt as well, Bennati I think basically confirmed on twitter he'll ride.
__________________
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-28-13, 18:22
SafeBet's Avatar
SafeBet SafeBet is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Milano, Italy
Posts: 4,080
Default

Parasites from bilharzia normally stay in your body after the treatment, so it's normal to experience the disease ciclically.
That said, what are his doctors doing? Everybody knows this disease must be periodically monitored. He should have been treated weeks before this whole thing could affect his training.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-28-13, 18:24
Miburo's Avatar
Miburo Miburo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,653
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
30 second in a 17 km ttt... besides Alberto will have a good team for ttt as well, Bennati I think basically confirmed on twitter he'll ride.
That might happen, depends on sky's team. I hope it's not more than 25 sec though.

I just don't get it why you're putting a TTT in a week stage race

And 17 km is pretty damn long knowing it's only a 1 week race.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-28-13, 18:24
LaFlorecita's Avatar
LaFlorecita LaFlorecita is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 15,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeBet View Post
Nibali has proven to be a very good ITTer on shorter courses, probably better than the post-ban Alberto and knows this race very well.
It might be closer than you think.

Don't know about Froome. Has he ever performed at a reasonable level in march?
what short tts has Alberto ridden post-ban.... 1 in Eneco tour and one in San Luis and both were much longer than 9 km. The best distance for Alberto in a tt is less than 10 km, so I expect him to do well.
__________________
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-28-13, 18:24
Jason_Mercier's Avatar
Jason_Mercier Jason_Mercier is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default

Froome will be only a opponent 21 days per year. Hes like Armstrong.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-28-13, 18:26
Miburo's Avatar
Miburo Miburo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,653
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeBet View Post
Nibali has proven to be a very good ITTer on shorter courses, probably better than the post-ban Alberto and knows this race very well.
It might be closer than you think.

Don't know about Froome. Has he ever performed at a reasonable level in march?


You gotta be kidding right?

Don't you tell me you based yourself on san luis?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-28-13, 18:29
LaFlorecita's Avatar
LaFlorecita LaFlorecita is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 15,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
That might happen, depends on sky's team. I hope it's not more than 25 sec though.

I just don't get it why you're putting a TTT in a week stage race

And 17 km is pretty damn long knowing it's only a 1 week race.
last year

4 Team Sky + 00:23
5 Team Astana + 00:30
6 Saxo Bank + 00:38

191 CAVENDISH Mark GBR
192 BOASSON HAGEN Edvald NOR
193 EISEL Bernhard AUT
194 HUNT Jeremy GBR
195 HAYMAN Mathew AUS
196 LÍVKVIST Thomas SWE
197 STANNARD Ian GBR
198 SUTTON Christopher AUS
vs

201 TANNER David AUS
202 MAJKA Rafal POL
203 CHRISTENSEN Mads DEN
204 BOARO Manuele ITA
205 SÍRENSEN Nicki DEN
206 PAULINHO Sergio Miguel Moreira POR
207 PIRES Bruno POR
208 TOSATTO Matteo ITA

Sky will probably have a better team but so will saxo.
__________________
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-28-13, 18:29
Ryo Hazuki's Avatar
Ryo Hazuki Ryo Hazuki is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post


You gotta be kidding right?

Don't you tell me you based yourself on san luis?
exactly, what a load of ****
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 22:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.