Will Nibali ever win the Tour? - Page 5 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Will Nibali ever win the Tour?
Yes 20 16.67%
No 100 83.33%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-04-13, 09:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
Let's wait before Tejay gets more results than 5th in the Tour. Gesink got 5th in the Tour at that age as well, I don't think anyone considers him a potential Tour winner either.
What about the dutch people? They gave up that dream?
Old 02-04-13, 10:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
Let's wait before Tejay gets more results than 5th in the Tour. Gesink got 5th in the Tour at that age as well, I don't think anyone considers him a potential Tour winner either.
Gesink did 5th but never was one of the three bests riders in his terrain. And TVG yes. We saw it in Besanšon, the best gt rider in the TT only after Wiggins and Froome.
Old 02-04-13, 10:10

Yes, he will win it within the next 5 years.
second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
Old 02-04-13, 10:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruppeto993 View Post
I love the way you completely rule out andy schleck. Whats wrong with you?! You mention guys like pinot and quintana who are clearly big talents when it comes to grand tours but you completely rule out andy who has come second in 4 grand tours? I am no fan of his attitude tp racing but he WAS the second best climber there is after contador.
Let's wait and see if he recover his level. But today Andy is nothing. Let's see in the Mediterranean Tour. If he doesnt ride well here i fear the worst.
Old 02-04-13, 10:19

No, and I don't think he'll win another GT anymore, either.
Old 02-04-13, 10:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Mercier View Post
Let's see in the Mediterranean Tour. If he doesnt ride well here i fear the worst.
the what?!

watch out! it's the Mediterraneen Tour or bust for Andy!

D:
Old 02-04-13, 10:38

Quote:
Let's wait and see if he recover his level. But today Andy is nothing. Let's see in the Mediterranean Tour. If he doesnt ride well here i fear the worst.
Then we can be sure he is over

i give him the doubt till the classics. Not to win but top 10-15 being there as an important piece of the race. Then we can expect something for 2014
Old 02-04-13, 10:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodenswan View Post
the what?!

watch out! it's the Mediterraneen Tour or bust for Andy!

D:
Laugh. If Andy doesnt respond in this months then will come the tears
Old 02-04-13, 11:08
Administrator

Quote:
Gesink did 5th but never was one of the three bests riders in his terrain. And TVG yes. We saw it in Besançon, the best gt rider in the TT only after Wiggins and Froome.
TJVG is a good time trialist. . . and what? this years course was perfect for him, over 100km of itt and the lightest mountains possible around france, if the course has a couple of proper mountains he is out of the fight for the podium right away. quintana and pinot and 100 times the GT talents TJVG is imo.

btw at 23 nibali finished top 20 in both the giro(11th) and the tour(18th) while being a domestique and at 24 he finished 7th in the tour but closer in time to the second overall then TJVG was to the third overall this year.

and when TJVG finishes a GT on the podium and/or wins another next year like nibali did at 25, you can come and say he is more talented.
Old 02-04-13, 11:23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
TJVG is a good time trialist. . . and what? this years course was perfect for him, over 100km of itt and the lightest mountains possible around france, if the course has a couple of proper mountains he is out of the fight for the podium right away. quintana and pinot and 100 times the GT talents TJVG is imo.
The Tour makes very high TT requirements traditionally. Either one is a genial climber or a brilliant all-rounde who can limit his mountain losses in TT. Nibali doesn't look like any of these guys so far.