2013 Paris Nice - Page 25 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 02-27-13, 11:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocastellanosarejola View Post
I´m new here!
I´m a basque boy,follower of cyclism, and I want see what people think about cycling out of here.
I think that two of favourites are in the movistar team, Quintana and Rui Costa.( we will see what freedom has Nairo..)
I hope this is the edition of Surprises!(Ulissi,Locke,Hivert,Talansky..)
If Quintana and Talansky pulled a L'Avenir that would be be perfectly fine with me.
Old 02-27-13, 11:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netserk View Post
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I also think that the Movistar duo will fare well, and even though it is Costa with number 1 on his back, I expect Quintana to have a free role/co-captain. I hope we will see some action on stage 4.
the only reason costa has got number 1 on his back is because of alphabetical order. when do people f'n learn...
Old 02-27-13, 11:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
the only reason costa has got number 1 on his back is because of alphabetical order. when do people f'n learn...
I know it is common, but I didn't noticed it as it didn't really surprise me (that Costa would wear number 1). Will be more attentive next time
When a rider refuses to take a pull even though it is tactically and/or strategically more sound to take a pull
*Refusing to pull when it is tactically and/or strategically more sound not to is therefore not wheelsucking
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up
Old 02-27-13, 11:32

If Rui Costa were called Zulu Zimbabwe he'd still have the no. 1 on his back. He's the obvious leader. He could well be overshadowed by Quintana, of course.
Old 02-27-13, 11:48

Anyone going to be in Paris for this race?

"I have no intention of being a conformist in this race. Not in the slightest" Alberto Contador

"We should all have more cake. Who doesn’t like cake?" Oleg Tinkov
Old 02-27-13, 12:20

The riders won't even go through a single street in Paris. Since many years, the race starts in the outskirts of Paris.
Old 02-27-13, 12:25

Kreuziger is doing TA instead of PN. Roche will be more or less on his own when it goes uphill then.

Also the reason Kreuziger is doing TA instead of PN seems to be that Majka seems to have problems with his knee once again. Bad news for him regarding the Giro if that is true.
Old 02-27-13, 13:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocastellanosarejola View Post
I´m new here!
I´m a basque boy,follower of cyclism, and I want see what people think about cycling out of here.
I think that two of favourites are in the movistar team, Quintana and Rui Costa.( we will see what freedom has Nairo..)
I hope this is the edition of Surprises!(Ulissi,Locke,Hivert,Talansky..)
Welcome to the forum! You'll find a lot of company here in your admiration of Quintana. Both he and Costa have bright futures and I too am looking forward to seeing Quintana ride for himself in the major events. It appears that he will have that opportunity in this year's Paris Nice. He appears to be coming into the race in good form and should be one of the strongest climbers and I hear he is pretty good in uphill tt's so that should set him up for a successful week of racing provided he can avoid any setbacks as a result of getting caught out in any echelons.
Old 02-27-13, 13:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angliru View Post
Welcome to the forum! You'll find a lot of company here in your admiration of Quintana. Both he and Costa have bright futures and I too am looking forward to seeing Quintana ride for himself in the major events. It appears that he will have that opportunity in this year's Paris Nice. He appears to be coming into the race in good form and should be one of the strongest climbers and I hear he is pretty good in uphill tt's so that should set him up for a successful week of racing provided he can avoid any setbacks as a result of getting caught out in any echelons.

Thanks for the welcome!
you're right, quintana in the last stage of the Tour de l'Avenir won easily the time chrono-climbing. (I do not know how to say it in English)

. Nairo Quintana Rojas (COL) 33:35
2. Andrew Talansky (USA) a 47
3. Jarlinson Pantano Gómez (COL) a 1:17
4. Tom Jelte Slagter (HOL) a 1:45
5. Gregory Brenes (CAN) a 1:53
6. Michael Matthews (AUS) a 1:55
7. Wilco Kelderman (HOL) a 2:07
8. Jesus Herrada López (ESP) a 2:15
9. Dmitriy Ignatyev (RUS) a 2:20
10. Vicente García de Mateos (ESP) a 2:20
1. Nairo Quintana (COL) 26h.49:21
2. Andrew Talansky (USA) a 1:44
3. Jarlinson Pantano (COL) a 1:55
4. Tom Jelte Slagter (HOL) a 2:05
5. Mikel Landa a 3:17
6. Romain Bardet (FRA) a 3:59
7. Thomas Bonnin (FRA) a 4:05
8. Michael Matthews (AUS) a 4:10
9. Darwin Atapuma (COL) a 4:14
10. Wilco Kelderman (HOL) a 4:14
Old 02-27-13, 13:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cimber View Post
Kreuziger is doing TA instead of PN. Roche will be more or less on his own when it goes uphill then.
Not sure he needs much help. Stay with the leaders and see if something can be done at the very end of the key stages. Then give everything in the MTF TT.

The team should be able to protect Roche on the flat/hilly parts.