2013 Tour of Oman (11th-16th February), 2.HC - Page 36 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 02-12-13, 15:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Effe View Post
Haha, nice one Niki ;-)
Old 02-12-13, 16:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Effe View Post
Haha that's genius.

Indeed, if you're not Flemish or Dutch there's no point in translating.
Old 02-12-13, 16:14

So if i got it right: Contador attacked the sky train multiple times and was ahead but got taken in the descent.

Well i called it that he was gonna do it but that's not really hard since Contador always does it

Already my favorite moment despite not seeing it: Contador attacking the sky train

The seconds he lost isn't an issue, besides we all know Contador sucks at sprinting.

Green mountain should be awesome.
Old 02-12-13, 16:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
So if i got it right: Contador attacked the sky train multiple times and was ahead but got taken in the descent.

Well i called it that he was gonna do it but that's not really hard since Contador always does it

Already my favorite moment despite not seeing it: Contador attacking the sky train

The seconds he lost isn't an issue, besides we all know Contador sucks at sprinting.

How can contador have been caught on the descent when at least 3 other riders were over the final climb before him though.
Old 02-12-13, 16:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post

Yes
Nibal: Alberto Contador "ha sido el mejor en el ascenso" http://www.esciclismo.com/ampliada.a...medium=twitter
Old 02-12-13, 16:25

But what is the clinic comment he makes?
Old 02-12-13, 16:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by del1962 View Post
How can contador have been caught on the descent when at least 3 other riders were over the final climb before him though.
You're not allowed to use logic about Contador; everything is a sign of his strength.
Old 02-12-13, 16:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by barmaher View Post
He's just joking around a bit with the cero cero cero cero cinco remark. It's a multi-layered joke
Old 02-12-13, 16:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by barmaher View Post
The 0.00005 thing so nothing really clinic-y.

Quote:
Where can you see who were over the climb first?
Old 02-12-13, 16:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelie1977 View Post
ok can we put this to bed now. i'm not going to go through every bookmaker.

The biggest online bookmaker is Paddy Power. It has 3 Australian affiliates. In all of those 4, in Stage 1, Peter Sagan and Matt Goss were historic favorite, Kittel was 8/1 4th favourite.

After some gambling by us all, Kittel was made favourite.

exactly the same for stage 2 check the price history. Kittel ws 13/8 favourite at 6.15 GMT last evening, Sagan was 3rd favourite at 10/1 behind Goss.

If you doubt me, by all means then go and check as to when they opened their markets. BET365 made their market quite late last night as did Sporting Bet.

I dont know the size of the bookies, but as a generel rule paddypowers compiler is horribly bad and makes huge mistakes over and over, so they can not at all be used as a measure of the bookies favourites. I dont know why they have not found a better compiler yet at paddypower but they have been horrible for years. But one thing is for sure, if I could bet there I would not share their gifts causing them even more loses, so that they will change the compiler sooner.

Bet365 and to a lesser extend Sportingbet is the bookies that will normaly define the market (they are also the odds that plenty of other bookies will copy later), along with betfair when they have odds, and both of these obviously started out with Kittel as huge favourite for stage 1 and Sagan as a even bigger favourite for stage 2, as this was pretty obvious for both stages, and trust me they do not adjust to paddypower prices before they release.

Last edited by MADRAZO; 02-12-13 at 16:36.