Acquarone's Gauntlet - Page 3 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 02-16-13, 22:47

Well the real solution is to dump the ProTour and the UCI and start anew. As this season progresses or actually does not progress (as improve) the more I see that it will have to be stopped till things are more properly addressed <insert clinic discussions>.

Things are really bad and people (cycling) are trying to ignore the mess its in. Its going to get worse as court cases are finalized and people start talking when its their last resort to losing their jobs/career.
Old 02-17-13, 10:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair cyclist View Post
Each team may drop up to two WT races; every race guaranteed at least 16 WT teams. Any WT race that has already announced its wild cards can be guaranteed a drop out if they require it. Teams get to choose which races they drop in order of their finishing order in team rankings last year.
that would be perfect. Euskaltel drop Flanders and Roubaix, Lotto drops the Giro, someone will drop Poland or Gent or E3 or Plouay, and so on
Old 02-17-13, 17:16

Quote:
Each team may drop up to two WT races; every race guaranteed at least 16 WT teams. Any WT race that has already announced its wild cards can be guaranteed a drop out if they require it. Teams get to choose which races they drop in order of their finishing order in team rankings last year.
Some, if not most, teams might want to drop out of Tour Down Under and/or Tour of Beijing if it not a good market for team sponsors (not to mention the expense),
Old 02-18-13, 00:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
Some, if not most, teams might want to drop out of Tour Down Under and/or Tour of Beijing if it not a good market for team sponsors (not to mention the expense),
Which is why my proposal would have a minimum number of teams in each race (I suggested 16 of the now 19) to preserve the prestige for the race sponsors/organisers.

Sky's "prize" for winning last year's team classification would be the opportunity to avoid travelling to China (I suspect they have enough Aussie links to retain TDU in their programme) Katusha's reward for second place last year is being able to opt out of the TDU in 2013: oops, they already have...
Old 02-18-13, 18:13

Send a message via Skype™ to skippy

Breaking THEIR OWN RULES , seems to run deep in the UCIless pyche !

Here is the latest example :

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-...teams-for-2013

Now we have 19 Pro World Teams !

Wonder who is wearing custard at the next UCI ExecMeet ?
Old 02-19-13, 11:43

RCS has limited grounds for claiming the impossibility of accommodating a 23rd 9 man team given that just two years ago they sought special permission to do precisely that.
Old 02-19-13, 12:09

Quote:
RCS has limited grounds for claiming the impossibility of accommodating a 23rd 9 man team given that just two years ago they sought special permission to do precisely that.
what a stupid comment. really, when do you think hotels etc have all been booked for the upcoming giro? it's all been done, so no, they can't change all of this now. uci made a f'n mess, while 2 years ago rcs ASKED uci to allow 23 teams. completely different