Paris Roubaix (Carrefour de l'Arbre) -Looking for parties! - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 02-25-13, 15:45

Default Paris Roubaix (Carrefour de l'Arbre) -Looking for parties!

Hi All,

My friend and me are heading out to watch Paris Roubaix at Carrefour de l’Arbres this April 7th. If anyone knows the scene there I was wondering about the following things:

1 – What time would you need to get to Gruson (driving) and get parked up and walk into the sector and find a spot?

2- Does anyone know the story with the beer tents this year?

3- Do people gather in Gruson on the Saturday the night before or is there anywhere nearby where there’s a good party atmosphere that night?

4- Do people hang about after the race has passed through and stay on in the area that night or do things pretty much clear out and everyone heads home? We’re not flying home until Monday so would be up for a bit of crack on the Sunday night too.

5- Maybe it’s worth hitting into Roubaix itself?

I’d appreciate if anyone has any info whatsoever on any of those questions above, it’s tricky trying to find it out online. The only other experience I have of a big race was Alpe d’Huez in July 2011 which was pretty wild around those days leading up it and after.

Thanks for reading - Padraig