Injuries - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 03-24-09, 10:08

Default Injuries

In the spirit of Lance's broken clavicle, what injuries have we all sustained on our bikes?
I have 8 screws and a titanium plate in my right forearm, one knee perminately tattooed purple scar tissue from a crash last October, nose surgery, another scar on my left arm from being hit by a car in Jan, and one down on my right ankle from hitting the chainring with my leg after being cut off badly by a car.
Gee that looks bad now!
Old 03-24-09, 10:33
Managing editor

Send a message via Skype™ to Daniel Benson

Nothing but cuts and bruises for me but I've had a few painful crashes all the same. There's certainly something going around though. Two members of the Cycling Plus team have crashed in the last few weeks with one poor chap breaking his collarbone and cracking some ribs. Ouch.
Old 03-24-09, 17:38

Seven rib fractures in five right ribs, three fractures in one of those ribs; torn left lumbar muscle; multiple bruised left ribs, neck muscle strain; moderate sprained left wrist; and a bruised ego from multiple poor finishes. Mental illness in the form of OCD from obsessive training and impulse buying of the next best cycling thingies.
Old 03-24-09, 17:55
dimspace

i did pretty well.. about five gashed head and twelve stitches in my knee.... all at very low speeds in bunches...

at speed.. one little glide down the hill at roche, at about 40.. .nothing more than a graze...

great thing about crashes is that adrenalin works wonders for your energy for the rest of the day.. worst thing is the hospital always had an evil nurse who would pull the scabs out of your hair with tweezers with no consideration...
Old 03-24-09, 22:02

Just the usual cuts and bruises, nothing broken (touch wood), snapped a full carbon frame in half once on a hairpin turn that went wrong.
Old 03-24-09, 22:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argon Man View Post
In the spirit of Lance's broken clavicle, what injuries have we all sustained on our bikes?
I
Well I have once the collarbone broked but not in the spirit of Lance, it was practicing Judo and I was prety 'clean' since I was ten years old at. I don't remember who was practicing, me ,or my partener. In cycling just the usual bruises and superficial cuts. So far...
Old 03-24-09, 22:55

On the subject of injuries in the peloton - is it me or is this the worst season for injuries - at this rate Cavendish won't just take the MV in the Tour, he'll do a Merckx and win the whole damn lot because there'll be no one there
Old 03-24-09, 22:57
Thoughtforfood

I used to ride a Cannondale 2.8 with a Flite saddle. I went out one day for about 4 hours, and when I got back, my little tff was numb. COMPLETELY NUMB. That lasted for about 4 days. I have hated Cannondales ever since.
Old 03-24-09, 23:33

Broken Scapula courtesy of a crash a week ago.
Old 03-25-09, 01:02
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Bala Verde Send a message via Skype™ to Bala Verde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argon Man View Post
I have 8 screws and a titanium plate in my right forearm
Didn't you have the option for carbonfibre, or magnesium instead?